BeatRider

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RayLancer, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Looks fun, but way too hard for my clumsy fingers :) Is the an easy mode where there are fewer notes and only two buttons? :D

2. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't know about less buttons but there are many difficulties according to their website, and if there is an editor mode (one really should be implemented if there isnt), you could make it as difficult and as accurate to your favorite song as you would like.

3. cocodev

cocodev Active Member

May 6, 2009
    This is written on their website.

"Six levels from Very Easy to Crazy are available. You can enjoy stronger beats and achieve higher records as your level gets higher."

You can find that levels in movie...

Very Easy / Easy / Normal / Hard / VeryHard / Crazy

4. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    I really hope this game gets approved

5. John

John Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Is this send for approval? I love these types of games. Hope I can play with my music soon!

6. rik555

rik555 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    any estimate as to when this will be out dev.??
    thanks

7. Benegesserit

Mar 9, 2009
    If Zenonia gets released before this does I'm worried BeatRider didn't get approved.

8. cloudlesssky22

cloudlesssky22 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I doubt Beatrider got appoved by Apple. Some of the games that were submitted into the Appstore after Beatrider was submitted have already been released.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Why would they reject it?

10. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Maybe the legal or licensing issues of uploading licensed music to a website, then downloading it again into an app on the iPhone/iPod touch. That or Apple is still "looking" into that issue.

11. Maythius

Nov 3, 2008
    I wouldn't think so... there is a comic book app that does the same exact thing http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=288016881&mt=8

when you upload your mp3 it only goes on your account so you are not distributing any mp3s

This game needs to come out now!

12. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    It's the complicacy of having to be able to download your own songs from a server within the app. Apple doesn't know how to deal with this just yet

13. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I say we just grab torches and pitchforks, head to wherever Apple's Review team is, and force them to release this and Zenonia.

[​IMG]

14. Maythius

Nov 3, 2008
    did you look at the link I posted? There is nothing new being done here, and there is nothing complicated about it

15. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    Yeah I know but it's printed material. It's the same with Stanza and how you download new books.

16. Maythius

Nov 3, 2008
    No it's not, this app lets you send your own comic books into their online server and they put it into the app on your iphone. Last time I checked comic books are copyrighted material, so if that is an issue with beatrider then this app shouldn't logically be available for purchase.

17. Maythius

Nov 3, 2008
  18. John

John Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Since you can use the music from your ipod with 3.0 I don't see why they would.

19. Maythius

Nov 3, 2008
    So I e-mailed the developer about the status of the game and I got the same automated response everyone else got :(

20. Benegesserit

Mar 9, 2009
    #100 Benegesserit, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
    Who said you upload the entire song? The game might just upload the beat data. You are already able to play your songs while playing games now just that the game isn't allowed to access it. So you upload the data for the song (not the song itself but the stuff the game used to predetermine where the beats will go). Songs play on your iPhone controlled by you like you can in other games and you download the "data" from the site you uploaded to (not to be confused with the whole audio file).

If you had to download the entire song it would take forever and their storage space would be too expensive not to charge you a monthly fee.

Sometimes apps just get overlooked and take longer than they should. Apps get released very haphazardly that's why you see dubious apps get approved sometimes while others that are legit get removed, some take a few days others several weeks. They don't have any solid priorities.