Beatscribe – Free Original Loop For Your Game + 3 Professional Songs for $275

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by BeatScribe, Apr 19, 2012.

1. BeatScribe

BeatScribe Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    I'm currently working on one of PC Gamer's "Games of the Year" candidates for 2013 (Puzzle Category). H2Flow from Haptix games. You can play the demo for free here!
    [​IMG]

2. DomAjean

DomAjean Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Can't wait to listen to your work on this one :)

3. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    Thanks! It's turning out nice. Kind of retro flavor, like Bomberman or Mario 64. Rough drafts are done and now getting into mixing/mastering. Some other fun stuff coming out just around the corner too!

4. DomAjean

DomAjean Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Man I love these games! I inspired myself a lot from Mario 64 too. These soundtracks didn't always have top of the line/orchestral/big plugin synths samples but I think that's part of their charming atmosphere and that's why most of the time I try to imitate the snes and n64...it brings the child in me again :p

5. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    Sometimes having a limited 'musical palette' forces you to do some serious composing :) H2Flow is shaping up to be a super fun one musically!

6. ArdentKid

ArdentKid Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Awesomeness

I had a couple songs done by BeatScribe for a game I'm producing. The artist does an amazing job at getting things right, and understanding my needs. I would totally use him for any project involving game music. Thanks dude!

7. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    Thanks ArdentKid. You're game is shaping up to be really awesome. One of my favorites I've worked on in the electronic/dance music style.

8. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    Recently posted some more samples from the latest Balloon Island game, Lucy's Closet. A free match3 game you've just got to try!

Check it out here!

9. HeadlightInc

HeadlightInc Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Our new retro style game, WORLD 1-1 is out, and BeatScribe did the great music for it! (And a number of the sounds too.)

We wanted both a happy, driving chiptune theme, and a much darker "Apocalypse" remix.
    You get a taste of the Apocalypse remix during the intro scene before you've unlocked it. Reviews have called out the "magnificent chiptunes"! :)

[​IMG]

This is the second app we've worked with him for music, both times getting great music very quickly.

10. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
  11. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    I have a few more exciting projects to announce real soon, including a DSi game! Despite all this, I'm keeping my same low prices for the time being. :cool:

12. Wombiapps

Wombiapps Member

Nov 22, 2012
    [​IMG]
    We have used BeatScribe for several of our games and we've been impressed each time! The last project included theme loops, sound effects and background music to our apps "The Letter Monster", "The Number Monster" and "The Shape Monster" (games for kids). We can strongly recommend BeatScribe and will definitely work with you again. Thanks for your great work!

/Wombi Apps

13. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    #73 BeatScribe, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
    Here's just a few of the over 40 projects I worked on in the last year:

Cognitile from Express Media (SFX / music / voice / levels) (features on New and Noteworthy)

AquaDude from Vortex Gaming (SFX and Music)

WOMBI Detetcive from Wombi (music/sfx/voice talent) (critically acclaimed Kid's game)

World 1-1 from Headlights games (Music)

Swipa Dollar from Memfry Games (music/sfx)

Lollipops 2 (Voice Talent/Music/Sfx)

Check em out! I have 6 more exciting games in the development stages right now as well. Coming soon!

14. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    One of my tunes has just been announced as part of the Chiptune = Win Vol 2 compilation. This is my second track to be featured this way, it often leads to free extra exposure for games.

15. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    I've recently started writing for videogamedj.com and giving an inside look into the life of indie musicians. Check out the first article in the series here.

16. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    Lots of big news just around the corner. More chiptune and guitar + orchestra + western awesomeness. I'm still honoring my 3 songs for $275 deal here, but I'm not sure for how much longer :)

17. ArdentKid

ArdentKid Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Great Music!

Just launched a title that uses Beatscribe's music. It sounds fantastic and I highly recommend him!

Check out Marshmallow Ninja: http://bit.ly/MarshNinjaApp

[​IMG]

18. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    Thanks Ardent Kid, it was a pleasure working with you too.

Some more titles will be coming out soon.

19. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    Check out this 8-bit NES-chiptune song for an upcoming iOS game. Recreating the classic sounds of the Nintendo Entertainment System, the SNES, the Sega Genesis and Nintendo Gameboy are one of my specialties.

20. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois