"Because We May" - App Developers join in Sale (5/24-6/1)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by dclose, May 18, 2012.

1. thezman

thezman Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Well it says on the site that Devs have to join before the 22nd.Also if EA is in the sale I hope Gameloft joins to!

2. Thezman,

Tried to figure out how many levels world of goo hd has, but the itunes description doesn't say also in the game, it doesn't give me a clue as to the number of levels. But if I were you, since you have an itouch not ipad, buy the non hd version and use the remaining buck for deadspace as you wanted.

Man, this is all getting hard to go over these lists of sale games... So many games, so little space on my new ipad. Buy buy buy! Haha

3. thezman

Mar 24, 2012
    I know how you feel about space.Im about to blow up my 8gig iPod,but I'm loving it!

Also is Osmos good?

4. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Waiting impatiently for Edge Extended and Superbrothers ^^

5. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Lots of other games are dropping as well.

MASS EFFECT INFILTRATOR $4.99 -> $2.99
    Infinity Blade II $6.99 -> $2.99

6. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    EA games are on sale! Just picked up Burnout Crash

7. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    This is insane!
    Almost all the games I know and love are now on sale!
    Waking Mars, Spider, everything EA: Burnout crash, Dead space, Osmos, WOG:HD, Real Racing (everyone) and so much MORE!
    WOW!
    We MOST definitely MAY have a sale! :)

8. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    #28 MystikSun, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
    "Because We May" is an event held by Indie devs to celebrate the fact that they can set prices for their own games on places like iTunes App Store, Google Play, Steam, and other stores.

I highly doubt EA and Gameloft would be considered Indie devs. I'm sure EA's current sale is completely unrelated, otherwise they would have put "Because We May" in their app descriptions.

9. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    dang, my wallet is starting to get scared. still need to buy trainyard, edge extended, samurai II, and league of evil II.

In terms of EA sales, anyone know what games I should get? I already have dead space ,sims , and Mirror's Edge, but I'm wondering what else to get. Burnout Crash and Mass Effect Infiltrator are on the list to get :D

10. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I wish Lostwinds I+II would join, Frontier are pretty Indie.. :)

11. thezman

Mar 24, 2012
    Yeh I knew about it being just Indie Devs,but I'd put my money on EA trying to cash in on it.Cause they make good games,but they are just a company at the end of the day and every company wants money.So I think this is just a way for them to cash in on our excitement.

12. Zinger314

Zinger314 Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2011
    EA's current sale is for Memorial Day weekend, as they typically put games on sale a couple days before a holiday to get up the charts.

13. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I picked up Get Outta My Galaxy! HD. This looks extremely nice on the new iPad and my early gameplay impressions are good.

Anyone play Pugs Luv Beats? It got no attention around here and reviews are scarce, but positive.

14. Yeah, I figured EA was not part of this sale, so I started another thread for us all to talk about their sale. Forgot about Memorial day, probably will be more sales then. Wow, too many games, too little time.

15. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

So in celebration of indie developers being able to set their own prices, Zaga-33 has RAISED it's price to 6.99

Brilliant. Nobody said they had to have a sale, just exercise their right to adjust prices.

16. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    @Zaga-33: That's a whooping $-6 discount!!:eek:

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    If this is indeed legit and not a mistake, omg... awesome!

18. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

GTA 3 and Chinatown wars have both dropped to $0.99 as part of the Memorial Day weekend

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Over 50 of EA's games are now on sale for $0.99. Just grabbed Burnout Crash. What the hell is May 24th? I'm guessing it's the last day of school (e, m, h) in quite a few cities here in the US.

20. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Talk about a TON of iOS sales...
    Man...so much to buy...