Best app / game for toddlers? (2yr old)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Red1, Mar 31, 2011.

1. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Oh right .. whoops :p

Well .. I remembered giving my younger cousins talking carl (when they could say something) and they were laughing their way through for hours .

2. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Talking Carl Gameplay:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM9iYSrXQs4

Cost US$1.00

Or you could check out "Talking Tom Cat" for free.

3. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

4. Makaze

Makaze Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I've tried to get my 22 month old daughter interested in various toddler apps like animal sounds, puzzles, songs, picture matching and the like but so far the only game/app she has enjoyed is a simple app that puts bubbles on the screen.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/bubbles/id284288607?mt=8

5. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    my 3 year old cousin loves to play fruit ninja doodle jump bejewled(he calls it boom boom) and any other random app I completely forgot I had haha

6. AppsImpact

AppsImpact Member

Dec 5, 2010
    There is new alphabet learn game for preshoolers (under 5 years old) - iCan ABC. Very simplistic and straight forward without ads and no integration with services outside the app. Just for kid to learn the letters of the alphabet: how they sound and how they look. Supports multiple languages (US English, British English, Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish and Danish).

7. gospvg

gospvg Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    My daughter has her own page on my ipod touch.
    Apps installed include Talking Carl, Finger Paint, Toy Phone, Kiwi & Pear, Catch A Star, Teletubbies & In the Night Garden

8. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I just grabbed this drawing app and it's great for kids. There's crayons, paint brushes, pencils, stickers, stamps, backgrounds etc. It saves their drawings into an album and they can be emailed or facebook'ed. Very cool.

There's some IAP for colouring books, but I haven't grabbed those yet. But might.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

9. Tap2Kill

Tap2Kill New Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Hi everyone, my first post here :)
    Well, my 34 months old daughter actually loves memory games, she actually beat me once (actually many times LOL). The game that 'hummiliated' my adult 'intelligence' :

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kids-animal-match-hd/id389813403?mt=8

I think there are no best games for toddlers, as it depends on what he/she is interested in, so you should experiment first. My daughter's preschool teacher told me that she's good at 'visual logic' meaning she's good at solving problems through visuals. She also loves drawing app, like you the one you posted above..and cars..yes as in Disney's Cars and actual gas burning cars, probably due to me being an automotive hobbyist LOL.

Picture puzzles are also on her fav list, such as this which I bought her earlier:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wood-puzzle-hd/id381583071?mt=8

this app here has some of the most realistic wooden puzzle feels and looks. Good to train your toddler's visual about shapes etc.

10. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Thanks. Both are very cute games. The first one (memory game) is also free. And welcome to TouchArcade :)

11. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
  12. kearnel

kearnel Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    My niece loves paint sparkles and peppa pig game