Best Asynchronous Multiplayer games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sweetdiss, Jan 12, 2011.

1. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    Add Jenga and full deck word games to the list. Jenga has been out for ages and when I first bought it it didn't have online async but it must have been added at some point. Plays really well.

2. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poker Pals and Jenga are great! Another great one is AbbleDabble. Consider it Words With Friends Extreme.

3. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    Hero academy came out today, looks good. Should Draw Race 2 be included here? I think the online side of the game is asynch isn't it?

4. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Huge fan of Ascension!

5. Darth Elevator

Darth Elevator Active Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Draw Something is a very well done async drawing game. And has facebook support so you can add your friends. This game is now second only to Disc Drivin' in my list of personal favorite async games.

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Draw Something is fun... for a while. There aren't nearly enough words to make it a long term game. Maybe they'll improve it more in updates, but right now it's pretty limited. Also the push to buy coin packs and even colors. Kind of annoying.

7. emdash

emdash Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    artist / Art Director
    Oakland, CA
    Draw Something is fun but pretty light and unchallenging. It's more of a fun time-waster with friends than a game. But I have really been enjoying Hero Academy a lot. Love the turn-based tactical combat, love the race units you can purchase, and am generally really enjoying the asynchronous combat (especially when you find an opponent who updates pretty regularly.)

8. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I will also add that Hero Academy is awesome. The devs really work hard to balance all of the teams with their unique mechanics. It is a great asynchronous multiplayer game for strategy loving fans and it is good for players of all skill levels. If the random people you face are not enough of a challenge, there is a Hero Academy League you can join where you can play against the best in the game.

9. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I agree that Hero Academy is awesome. The League is an amazing feature that not only gives you a reason to come back for more to climb the leaderboards, but it also supplies an unlimited supply of people to play against. Many of which are dedicated players who take many turns per day. But you can also easily find players who play the same number of turns per day as you do. Really amazing work by the devs on this Leauge, absolutely unsurpassed in this department.

http://www.robotentertainmentfans.com/groups/hero-academy-league/

10. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Here's my asynchronous folder:

[​IMG]

Looks like they have all been mentioned so far except Lead Wars

11. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    As if you're not kicking my butt in enough games as is it, we should start playing TTR. I have the Zynga games, but they require more skill and thought and I don't have that kind of time. I barely have time to play the games we're playing now. :)

Once I get some extra time I'll send you and Bronson and whomever else some GC invites and we'll tear it up on some Lead Wars.

I don't have Carcassonne, Ascension, or UniWar. Do I need them?

12. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Lol, you'll probably beat me in TTR, I've played once.....against the tutorial :p

Carcassonne is awesome, great game. I play it all the time.

Ascension I played when I first got it, but you probably don't need it unless you are looking for a card game like Magic to play on your iPhone.

UniWar, I haven't played either, but lots of other people in this thread have liked it so I installed it.

13. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Hero Academy is a ton of fun. Hands-down my favorite Async game to play.

Since UniWar has been suggested so many times, I just bought it and will be trying it out tonight/tomorrow.

14. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Uniwar is great; I've been playing it for 2 years. It might not be for everyone though, since it's a turn based strategy, so those of you that are looking for more casual-type games like Draw Something might want to avoid it.

15. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Hero Academy! FTW!! ;)

Draw Race 2 is also a great async-multiplayer!

16. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    Alright, UniWar is on its way. I'm not a big starcraft fan but I'll give it a shot.

Zincous, you up for some chess? I suck at it but you're used to me sucking by now I'm sure. :)

17. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    #37 Zincous, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
    Yeah for sure, always looking to get more asynch games going.

Searched for Sekr3t and Burn but didn't work.

18. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    UniWar is really good. I stayed up until 2:30 am playing it after the recommendations in this thread.

19. emdash

emdash Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    artist / Art Director
    Oakland, CA
    Well, there's an efficient way to show us your favorite asynchronous games. Thanks for the suggestions, Zincous! I love the board game version of TtR and hadn't known that there was an iOS version so that's an instant download for me! UniWar looks like my kind of thing too, so I'll check that out as well.

20. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    #40 ramon31, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    asynchronous games

the async games im playing at the moment are
    dice with buddies
    buddy bones
    draw something
    friendle+
    charadium
    hanging with friends
    war of words

the async games i have but stopped playing are
    hero academy
    poker pals
    ticket to ride
    prose with bros
    disc drivin
    kalimat
    wordfeud
    scramble
    words with friends
    checkers with buddies
    uniwar
    jenga
    wordicus
    word games
    sky words
    wordsworth
    addledabble
    addledabble vamped
    chess with friends
    wordoff
    panda panic

any suggestions on any more good ones that i have missed out on?