Best Brick Breaker game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by monkeys37, Oct 23, 2009.

1. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Here is a first teaser shot of our game :)

Universal / iPhone 5 Support / 60 FPS / Physics / Game Center Support

It'll not be out for some time, but we are very happy with the game in it's current state.

If anyone has questions: Shoot :)

[​IMG]

2. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    An infinite block breaker? Looks promising. Art style looks nice and clean, with multiple level themes to boot.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yeah, Hyper Breaker looks very promising.

Based in the feedback, I picked up Magic Orbz. Fun game. Unfortunately, temporarily removed from my phone .... Just couldn't resist Heroes & Castles and Momonga Pinball Adventures this week. Was surprised at the file size for Magic Orbz, but hopefully I'll get it back on there soon.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^File size is the same reason i remove Magic Orbz on my ipad3 too.

5. Psiufoxx

Psiufoxx Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    sustainability consulting
    paris (yeah, the one in france)
    Hyper Breaker looks fantastic. You guys still looking for some feedback on it?

6. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

We will launch with three themes, 75 levels. More will be added later :)

7. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Yes, there will be a beta, we'll open a topic on TA about it. We still have lot's of work to do, so I can't exactly say when the beta will start.

8. rzdesign

rzdesign Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Illustrator & (Game) Designer
    The Netherlands
    #108 rzdesign, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    Thanks all for the awesome comments on Hyper Breaker Turbo, me and Barry are working hard on it! It is going to be pretty awesome. it's definitely something refreshing for the Breakout/Breaker 'genre'. We have also changed the 'Neon World' theme graphic-wise. Since it just didn't really work with a bg that had the same bright colors as the blocks in front.

So we've changed it to a more legit Neon theme. More glow, more bright colors and a darker background so the contrast is a LOT better. Also, the blending mode in-game with the colored blocks over the background elements is amazing. Here is the changed teaser image and a closeup on how the blending works in-game! Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Will Hyper Breaker be playable on the 4th Gen devices? Game has me really anxious for it's release if so. Those are really ultra nice screen shots for things to come.

10. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

It'll run fine on iPhone 3GS and up :)

11. Psiufoxx

Psiufoxx Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    sustainability consulting
    paris (yeah, the one in france)
    Yeah I pretty much want this today. :) do you have a rough timeline for release, since its eaten up 2 years of your life now?

12. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Well, we are only working part-time on it. In the last two years a lot happend. Got a promotion on my day job, which is nice but also gives me less free time. And the most important thing: I am a father now, of a beautifull daughter called Joy Lois :)

Anyway: it's hard to give a time-line, but I hope to release HBT before Q3 2013 :)

13. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    VTX & rzdesign, you've been faithfully posting on Hyper Breaker Turbo for awhile now and understandably it's tough putting a game together part-time along with a new daughter and promotion. Congrats on both btw.:)

If you will, continue to let us know how the game is coming along as I'm sure everyone would appreciate it. Worth the wait imo.

Also you might want to start a thread in the "Upcoming iPhone and iPod Touch Games" or as your nearing the completion of the game. Help out in your promotion of the game. More than likely though you've already thought this out.

14. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Thanks Coldar :)

We'll start promoting the game when the beta version is being tested :)

We just couldn't wait any longer to show some screens of the game, we're very excited about it :)

15. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Let us know. Maybe you could start a thread in upcoming games forum section. Do you need beta testers?

16. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Yes we need beta testers. More info on that will be released as soon as the beta is ready :)

17. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

18. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

19. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
  20. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I took the time to look through the list at some random games just now and found some quality ones I had forgotten to get or needed updating to play (Sonic Slug) or others that have gone free.

Still need to come back later to check out the rest of the listing but definitely worth the time for what I found.