Best Game of the Year This far...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by natedogg213, Mar 5, 2010.

1. frendil

frendil Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New Zealand!!
    I personally think it is the best sim by far, especially the career mode, which is miles ahead of real racing. NFS:S doesnt quite stand up due to its on the rails feel, which completely kill it as a sim

For me it has to be GTA:CW, but GT:R is definitely worth a look

2. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I own PvZ, Space Miner, and Tilt to Live. They are all good games, but I think that Tilt to Live is the best because it is aesthetically pleasing and can get so intense.

3. Deadpoolite

Deadpoolite Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Sword & Poker.

4. krisko6

krisko6 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    College Student, Intern at an engineering company.
    Bakersfield, CA
    Haven't played too many 2010 games. My favorite so far from this year was probably B-Boy Beats, although I just got it yesterday. Really surprised to see how little notice it actually got, it is a truly innovative, "only on iPhone" experience The most disappointing was Riddim Ribbon. I had anticipated that game more than anyone on this board, bought it the minute it arrived on the store, and while I don't really regret the purchase, it was painful seeing it get murdered in the reviews, as well as its lack of content. I'm still finding plenty of great games from 2009 to play, such as NOVA, Spider, Doodle Jump, and Flashback.

5. bdegrande

bdegrande Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Plants vs. Zombies is my favorite game in years.

6. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    I doubt it is the best game... are you sure?
    I beat it within a hour and never wanna play again

7. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Grand Theft Auto by far for me.

8. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Pandamania

If you ain't checked this out yet have a look bit of a sleeper hit IMO

9. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Heavy Rain

But in terms of iPhone/iPod Touch Games, I would say Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, but to be honest it feels a little unfair to call it that, since it is technically from last year :p

Admittedly I haven't played too many iPhone games from this year, but from the list I have played, since I'm not going to count Chinatown Wars, Tilt To Live is definitely my favorite so far. It's so much fun, it has a fantastic art style, it's damn slick all-around, it has a great sense of humor, and getting all the awards will take a while to get (if ever). Oh yeah, and it has that "one more time" feeling that so many games try to attain, but fail to achieve, in my eyes. One of the only games to successfully do this, in my opinion.

All-around an outstanding game that came right out of left-field for me :eek:

10. shrugs

shrugs Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Tilt To Live has taken up most of all my gaming time as well. Another vote here

11. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Okay. I'd have to say the top 5, no order:

1. Space miner
    2. Tilt to live
    3. Verruckt Map
    4. Thumpies
    5. (soon to be) Mirror's Edge

12. laladanger

laladanger Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    @MasterChief3624 According to AppShopper GTA: CW was released January 17.....

I have to say I've enjoyed Space Miner the most. Although Thumpies and GTA: CW are a close second. Looks like I need to really get Tilt to Live. :D

13. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Yeah, I know. The iPhone version was released this year.

What I meant by "technically last year" is that the DS and PSP ones came out last year, so I don't know if I count that for best game this year. That's all I meant :p

14. laladanger

laladanger Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Oh I see... I would count it since they still had to make it work for the idevice. In that case you couldn't really count other games like Plants vs. Zombies since it was released for the computer before 2010. Wow I'm confusing myself.

15. Sqrudy

Sqrudy Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Plants vs. Zombies

My order is:
    1. Plants vs. ZOmbies
    2. Space Miner
    3. Dizzypad or Tilt to Live

16. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    Parachute Ninja so far, for me. Great graphics, sound, flows well, and overall just an awesome game. None others come close for me.

Hoping for a sequel!

17. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    yea i love parachute ninja... but "none come close" is not true for me. :rolleyes:

18. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    None of the games mentioned above even comes close to GTA:CW.

19. Amateurlife

Amateurlife Member

Feb 12, 2010
    #59 Amateurlife, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
    Hey guys.
    Check out Bit Defender, the new game from Zach Gage (Unify, Synth Pond). The game requires you to continually dodge meteors in your little space ship and collect power-ups. It's got that heart-pounding, addicting vibe like canabalt and tilt to live. But in my opinion, it's better. Tilt To Live is great, but it seems like it just takes alittle bit to long to turn intense. Canabalt lacks real connectivity.

Although it may not be as pretty as canabalt or tilt to live, it surpasses them both in pure addictiveness (which may seem unlikely to you). Connectivity is served beautifully with Openfeint (including achievements). It even shows your current local and worldwide rank right on the home-screen along with any rank changes. This is a prime example of a game built around high scores. The mechanics and controls may seem counter-intuitive at first. But you'll quickly learn the art of using your thrusters and utilizing the game's physics to your advantage. It really becomes a breeze to play. A typical game is quite short, depending on if you choose Easy or Normal mode. You're thrown into the action right at the start, and it just gets crazier. However, you're generally able to last long enough to make it fun and not frustrating at all.

Bit Defender is my game of the year so far!...... along with Sword and Poker..... and Spirit :)

20. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Game of the year: Space Miner (no other game was as entertaining, funny, addicting and so on as this one...a very original independent masterpiece with heart)

Special - casual: Eco Punk (simly a blast, perfect presentation, great controls and again highly addicting)

Special - arcade: Vector Tanks Extreme (the most entertaining arcade shooter I have ever played on any device...rock'n'roll, baby!!)

These are my 3 best games of this young year.