Best most polished shooters available.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by cranker, Nov 5, 2009.

1. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #21 S.I.D. CrAzY, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
    It save your high score for each level. The levels where you play your own songs are good, well some of them. Of course they depend on the song you're playing, but some of them can get really chaotic(in a good way), it my favorite thing about the game.

High scores aren't saved on your music levels though. I think it was proven awhile ago that it doesn't actually follow the beat of the song, it just makes a complete random level based on the song data.

So if you were to name two completely different songs with the same song data, the level the game generates would be the same.

2. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Yeah its dual stick... meteor blitz is definitely the best shooter out there. It's deliciously tough.

3. lazrhog

lazrhog Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    You should pick up noiz2sa free too. Firstly it's a kenta cho classic, and secondly it's the full game completely free :)

4. Kerrby

Kerrby Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Australia
    I really like Modern Combat: Sandstorm, now that's a really polished game.

5. Dark_Messenger

Dark_Messenger Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    I have not played supermany iphonegames but of those i have tried, i think meteor blitz counts as no 1 regarding control. Graphix is also awesome. Arkanoid and space invaders is really good also. =)

It really annoys me that controls seem to be so far down the priorityladder for devs. Dont they realize that its the controls that often make or break a game?