Best Paid/Free FPS You Ever Played

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by C3FFF0E, Oct 6, 2014.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I bought that but just couldnt get into it or 'get it' Just seemed to have lots of icons all over the place or perhaps it was the graphic style, just one game i never got into which is a shame as so many people rave about it.

I like playing the classics like Doom or Duke Nukem on my device, for an older gamer its amazing having these old favourites with me at all time !

I did like Nova I and II which were pretty epic experiences.

2. C3FFF0E

C3FFF0E Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Moderator in Vainglory Forum
    Philippines
    How about "Warm Guns" guys? Did you check it out? Also it is already rated by Touch Arcade! :D

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sadly not. It looked so good, then when it came out it was buggy as anything. Felt sorry for the devs as they must have spent a lot on it but i think that game bombed

4. C3FFF0E

Aug 3, 2014
    Philippines
    Yeah thats what Im also thinking of. I watch the game games trailer on youtube. Quite impressed because it is running on Unreal Engine but sadly, buggy. More improvements as I can say. For the controler, must have choices. (The dual stick, too OP for First person view.) Ragdolls and etc. Also the UI. But anyway for me I can give it a 4 Stars (if I can only have a review and rate it).

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^See unreal engine isnt always the best !

I wouldnt give it 4 stars at all, 'could' have been so good but just so buggy. Perhaps its been improved (or abandoned) but 4 stars is way way too generous

6. C3FFF0E

Aug 3, 2014
    Philippines
    Haha! Maybe I should not underestimate the Unity Engine :). I search a lot of games (ios games) that is running on Unity Engine. But only Madfinger's games. Shadowgun. Shadowgun is running on Unity Engine (I don't know about their other games if its the same engine that they are using.) Shadowgun just got my attention to retake what I already said on the upcoming game The Wild. Not I Believed.

I only know, most games that are typically uses Unity Engine, are those Horror Games. Like The Eyes through PC to Ios version. The graphics seems great! While I prefer Unreal Engine on those hardcore games. Most Hardcore games (that having Unreal Engine) are those the one who drains a lot of battery life on our ios devices. Like Infinity Blade III, that I can only play on about 4-5 Hours (full charge). (Base on my observations)

In the other hand, it is totally depends on how developers uses Unity Engine. I know that those two developers of The Wild is fully potential. Now I really believed and to underestimate the power of Unity Engine. :)

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Dead Effect runs on Unity i believe.

Yes Madfinger games use Unity on their titles.

Games i can remember running on Unity that arent first-person horror are Monument Valley, Shadow Blade, Temple Run 2, Ravensword Shadowlands (although this one has first-person option), Republique and Thomas Was Alone.

8. C3FFF0E

Aug 3, 2014
    Philippines
    Wow! I didn't know that Temple Run 2 is running on Unity!

9. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    I think another great FPS Is infinity project 2 also Tom clancys rainbow six shadow vanguard

Although they're not first person I think the Gangstar series is a good one Gangstar Vegas is 69p right now

And like someone else said, xibalba is an awesome game #

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Likely because it only recently became available on the AppStore again (like, yesterday recently)

But, speaking of games that are no longer on the AppStore, I can't believe that there's no love for Eliminate!

Also, Neon Shadow (this is available) would be amazing if it had a larger player base