BEST RPG GAME ON IPhone or Ipodtouch?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Djkilla, Mar 22, 2010.

1. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Maybe he doesn't like crap RPGs? I can't speak for Across Age, but Zenonia is one of the most overrated iPhone games in my opinion. Repeatedly pressing a button until all the bad guys die isn't my idea of fun.

Anyway, my favorite "pure" RPGs:
    The Quest and all of the expansions
    Necromancer Rising
    Doom RPG 2
    Wolfenstein RPG
    Rogue Touch/Sword of Fargoal/Cavern
    Dungeon Hunter
    Final Fantasy I
    Yipe 5
    Shining Force (Oh wait, Sega is a major douche. Almost forgot about that...)

2. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I'm interested in this too. Although I'm looking for a game with a nice decently wrote story. With a good amount of Gameplay. Anyone have any suggestions?

The Quest looks interesting, although I'm a bit skeptical about it because you can choose from three different quests? Do they all tie in? I'm a bit confused.

3. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Crusade of Destiny was very good. Even with light RPG elements, Ravensword was well done. If you found Zenonia tough, try Dungeon Hunter.

4. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    The expansions let you use the same character. They also all install in the main one, so you don't need to have 6 apps on your iPhone.

5. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I haven't played either. I'll check out Dungeon Hunter, anyone else have any suggestions? :D

6. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    I implore you to use the search feature on the site, instead of creating threads whenever you feel like it. There are atleast 5 different threads covering this very topic, one of them being
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=940394#post940394

Please do not blindly create new threads-use the search feature and you will probably have your question answered.

7. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Thanks for the obvious.

8. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Obvious what

9. Scottlarsen

Nov 25, 2009
    Older threads may not include newer games. So the suggestions may not be relevant.

10. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    The thread I mentioned was last posted on on march 18. That's pretty new. If you take the time to search, you never know what you could find

11. Scottlarsen

Nov 25, 2009
    Good point.

12. Djkilla

Djkilla Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Umm idc if I'm not good at them I like them...so I play them...idc if I suck

13. Djkilla

Djkilla Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    #33 Djkilla, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
    Well to the peopl saying take the time to searh it. I don't have time to I just wrote a simple what's a good RPG game..if I had time I would but I dnt. I don't have time to answer all the complaints about me not being good at RPG either. Honsetly you don't have to be good at something you like..it's how you get better. If you're not "naturally talented" in RPG games you shouldn't play them? Maybe I don't get what u guys are saying
    p.s. The quest style rpg game isn't my style I like the inotia style tho..I guess I'll wait for zenonia 2 thanks :)

14. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Chaos Rings. When it comes out.

15. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Hey, fair enough...play what you like and don't worry about what people say.

There are going to be tons of good RPGs coming out this year from the looks of things: Chaos Rings, Mission Europa, Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rimelands: Hammer of Thor, Ravensword 2, and Zenonia 2 are all going to be games worth having, imo.

16. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    +1 on Chaos Rings. This is going to be huge.

17. Pelagrin

Pelagrin Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Dungeon Hunter is a lot of fun and was a great deal when when it was $1. Sadly, the sale ended and it's $5 again. I'm not sure it's worth $5. The graphics, control, and gameplay are all good. However, the game is short and extremely easy.

I wish they had included multiple difficulty levels like in the Diablo games. Play through once and level up, then start over with your character on the next difficulty setting. Get progressively harder with each playthrough and allow for progressively better and rarer items.

I guess my dream is just for Blizzard to port any version of Diablo to the iPhone. :)

18. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    I definitely recommend the quest, but you should also check puzzle quest. It's a nice mix of rpg and match three and it lasts pretty long. What I like about puzzle quest is that you have to level up and buy new equipment, research new magic, train mounts, etc to defeat most of the bosses and there is a huge amount of side quests to complete. I wasn't really sure will I like it but it turned out awesome, so try the lite version and see for yourself

19. NeoShai

NeoShai Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    No mention of Underworlds?

20. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Underworlds was awesome. Especially since I got it for a buck. The update made it even better. It's a no-brainer if you like Diablo (1 or 2)