BEST RPG GAME ON IPhone or Ipodtouch?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Djkilla, Mar 22, 2010.

1. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Ravensword - similar to Oblivion.

And the upcoming Ravensword 2.

2. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I've recently started back PuzzleQuest due to Ch. 3 coming out, and it's a really massive game. I've logged more than 30 hours into it, and am not even finished with the second chapter yet. I didn't even do most of the side quests, or forge items, or find runes, or any of the other things that you can do. I can estimate at least 50 hours can be spent on this game, if you like the match-3, RPG mix. I was skeptical before buying this game, but now I realize just how wrong I was.

3. ilStugots

ilStugots Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    I keep reading that the AI in Puzzle Quest cheats. Is that true?

4. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Well...they do seem to get a little too lucky sometimes, but I also get those occasional streaks, so I think overall it's just a random occurrence. I've never lost consistently to an AI before. If you think you'll like the game, go ahead an buy it; I think its worth every penny and much, much more.

5. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    Dungeon hunter is back to 4.99
    yea, everyone here is waiting for zenotia 2

6. souskei

souskei Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    and chaos rings no doubt :D

those two games are the biggies i cant wait for! well i can.. but id rather not! :)

7. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I am way more excited about Chaos rings than Zenonia 2......But I'll probably still get both.

8. Rixx

Rixx Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    College Instructor
    Longview, Texas
    +1 for Sword of Fargoal. It has just been updated, too :)

Rixx

9. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Yeah I'd wait for Zenonia 2 and Chaos Rings, though Zenonia 2's probably going to come out a lot sooner than the latter.

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

both of them being inferior to zenonia 2-zenonia with less grinding and cooler attack animations!

11. Bochu

Bochu Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Undercroft and its more serious sibling, The Quest, are great for that type of RPG. First-person turn-based I think is what it's considered.

Dungeon Hunter and Underworlds if you like that type. Hack-Slash like Diablo.

Zenonia was oookay. It was groundbreaking when it came out but it's being outgrown quickly. I hear Inotia 2 is good too. Those two seem to be the top of their class. Action-RPGs. Not my type. I guess they're like Zelda.

Yipe 5 and Fantasy Warrior: Good and Evil seem to be quick pick-upper RPGs that I sort of liked. They are quick though which I'm not thaaat into. They're sort of like old school Final Fantasy except much less serious.

Song Summoner and its less RPG-like Rebirth of Fortune are similar to Final Fantasy Tactics if you know what that is. I really like that type of game and am glad to own both of those.

For serious old-school Final Fantasy RPGs, well, there's Final Fantasy I & II, Elven Chronicles, and others. I haven't had time to play them but I plan to.

12. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Wrong. Everyone is waiting for Chaos Rings.

13. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Not IMHO. It is just when the opponent gets lucky breaks, we notice it more, while when we do, it is a matter of course ;). You do have to be careful with hint AI though - it tries to set up the best series of combinations or cascades, but it doesn't care whether the player or the opponent profit.

And yes, Puzzle Quest is absolutely massive (provided you do everything) and a great game. I have been playing it, off and on for a year.

14. merkamerka

merkamerka Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Top RPGS (my opinion)-

Inotia 2
    Zenonia
    Final Fantasy I & II
    Caligo Chaser

Least Favorite-

Across Age
    The quest(But don't take my opinion on this one because it's probably really great, I just never got all the expansions and pieces)
    Inotia

15. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    Zenonia is good - but it is only really like Zelda in the most shallow way. Zelda was more about puzzles, dungeons, and specific item gathering. It was more of an action adventure game. Zenonia is like if they took Zelda and mixed it with Diablo.

I'm playing through Across Age right now, and it definitely has strong ties to Zelda A Link to the Past. It is actually one of the few Zelda clones I've played that has really managed to get it right for the most part. Soul Blazer would be the other one - what I would give for an official release of Soul Blazer on the app store...

16. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Zenonia if you want more action in an RPG, like the 2D Zelda games.
    Inotia 2 if you want much less action and much more complex and longer gameplay.
    Vanquish if you want action only and a good storyline, but little movement and short game.