Best RPG

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by OsideRida06, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Dungeon Hunter is so easy it's boring, although for a beginner than I guess they might find some sort of a challenge in it. Inotia 2 is awesome and I haven't encountered to much grinding. If your looking for a good 3D RPG than definitely go with Necromancer Rising, no other RPG on the platform even comes close to being as awesome and challenging. In Necromancer Rising, skill and not random behind the scene dice rolls determine wether or not you win a fight. Otherwise go with Crusade of Destiny, a bit of grinding but really fun.

2. amroc

amroc Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Male
    Games Programmer
    London, England
    If you're at all a fan of the old skool pseudo 3D RPGs (dungeon master), you should really give Undercroft a go. I absolutely loved it, I think it's the only iPhone RPG so far that I actually played to completion.

3. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Seconding Undercroft. Loved it - a very nice Eye of the Beholder clone, IMHO.

I am currently enjoying the Monster RPG 2 too. My first entry into the world of JRPGs and I am loving it.

4. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Undercroft is great and definitely one of the very best RPGs on the iPhone, but please don't say it is like Dungeon Master (or Eye of the Beholder for that matter.) In both of the above combat was in real time, whereas it is turn-based in Undercroft, which makes it more comparable to games like Wizardry and Might and Magic.

I'd love to see a Dungeon Master clone on the iPhone, if not a port of the real thing. Unfortunately, there are none currently as far as I know.

5. amroc

amroc Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Male
    Games Programmer
    London, England
    You're right, it's been so long since I played them I'd forgotten ;)

6. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Ravensword IS actually an RPG, regardless of what people say about not being able to change your stats with levelling up - its the same in FF1... i would go so far as to say that Ravensword is the best western RPG... i love the final fantasy's (fantasies?) but Japanese RPG's in general have WAY too much grinding and the actual sense of adventure suffers for the sake of sheer game length

7. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    Dungeon Hunter has great graphic, TONs of items, stunning storyline, dozens of mobs...
    And it's at 0.99$ now. Don't miss it. So far I have completed this game 4 times.

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    No, it freaking is not. The dev said it was a freaking "open-world adventure game." How is FF1 the same?..that's pure classic rpg. The only rpg on the idevice that has too much grinding is the inotia series by Com2US.