Best RTS game on iPhone

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Akhilpo, Jun 5, 2012.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #21 ArtNJ, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    I'm surprised no one mentions the ancient Galcon anymore. Its a highly simplified RTS, that manages to capture all the tactical and strategic fun of RTS games without the control and micro difficulties. To do that, it throws away exploration, tech and different types of units, but you cant have everything. I havent played it in at least 12 months, but I assume its still going strong.

And yeah, its funny that so many people dont actually have any idea what a RTS is. It requires a 2 player game where 2 people are making moves at the same time and the moves are displayed in real time. Turn based games like RAD Soldiers are not RTS games. Single player games like Kingdom Rush are not RTS games.

Edit: Some RTS games have single player modes, and that may be where some of the confusion comes in. If we call these games RTS, why not Kingdom Rush? Its a slippery slope...I'm sticking with the 2 player requirement, but perhaps its more debateable than I wrote.

2. N104

N104 New Member

Oct 31, 2013
    #22 N104, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    Try Warfare Incorporated. It's old and sadly doesn't receive updates anymore, but it's still fun and has a nice community.