Best Solitaire App?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gabrien, May 30, 2010.

1. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    +1 for all four Mahjong games.
    I have played a lot of Mahjongs both on my PC and ipod Touch and they are really great games.

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I don't know if it is still available but hands down best Mahjong on the PC is Kyodai Mahjong. Used to be shareware. Absolutely the best.

3. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Sorry for bumping an old thread (I searched heh). But since your talking about Mahjong, I heard that Shanghai Mahjong doesn't exactly play to the "rules" (whatever they are). Can someone explain the pros and cons of those 4 Mahjong games (preferably Pluto :))

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    RttaM,
    I picked up Shanghai last month while it was free and I really really like it. I get tired of people complaining because the tiles are small. Anytime you reduce a mahjong game to an iphone your gonna have about the same size tiles on any game.
    This game offers so many different tile layouts to suit your mood ranging from basic to bizarre. (I counted 50 and I was only in the D's!) Many backgrounds to choose or import a photo as your background! Of course there are many tile sets so you can always have a fresh look or try to match your background. I use the jade set with the green marble background.
    Overall I can't think of anything I would want improved on Shanghai Mahjong. I thank the guys on this thread for steering me in the right direction. I hope that helps RttaM. I'm sorry I don't have experience with the other three. Maybe someone else can help too.

5. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    That's good enough Seven! Thank you.

6. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Oh, by saying not playing by the rules I think they meant its a matching tile game, not the traditional chinese board game. My wife is chinese and I own a mahjong set but I still don't understand the real game. If you want to see the real thing for free download SG Mahjong Lite or KL Mahjong Lite. Both are the same thing but SG uses Singapore's rules and KL uses Malaysian rules. My wife plays Singapore rules. Thanks again.

7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    #27 SkyMuffin, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
    Arcade Solitaire: TriTowers is fantastic. Simple interface, unlockables, and a stress-free mode. It crashes with iOS4 though. I'm waiting for an update. :(

Nevermind. IT WORKS FINE

8. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    BTW. Eric Snider's Solitaire is amazing. I highly recommend it.

9. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    iMahjong Premium just went free from $4.99! I'm gonna try it out!

10. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I am surprised no one has mentioned tritowers. Arcade Solitaire: Tritowers by Endloop is one of the most addictive games on the app store, let alone solitaire games. It's not the traditional card solitaire everyone knows, but it is pretty popular. This version is really polished, leaderboards, unlockables, multiple game modes, customization, every feature you could imagine a solitaire game to have. And it's addictive, with an all time score kept that adds up to unlocked decks and boards and such.

11. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Hands down the best card app is Card Shark Collection Deluxe. It has Solitaire plus over 40 other cards games for $1. The developer has been regularly adding games in updates. I can't understand why it isn't in top 10 or atleast top 100.

12. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Having played both iMahjong Premium and Shanghai Mahjong now, I have to say Shanghai wins, no contest!

13. Galley

Galley Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    My favorite collection is Astraware Solitaire. My favorite game of Klondike is AcidSolitaire.

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #34 drelbs, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
    What he said. ;)

EDIT: ISOCards is pretty damned cool, and can be used to play any solitaire game.

15. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Played Shanghai Mahjong and it's pretty fun. Can anyone tell me if this is the kind of Mahjong game most people look for?

16. DJCaseyD

DJCaseyD Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    #36 DJCaseyD, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
    This. As Vinvy and SkyMuffin said, Arcade Solitaire: Tritowers is a fantastic game. If I could have only 2 or 3 games on the iPod, this would be one of them. I probably play it more than any other game. As has also been said, Shanghai Mahjong is great. It's the type of Mahjong that I'm used to playing, but according to some, it's not actual Mahjong, but considered Solitaire Mahjong. Not sure what the difference is. Cardshark Deluxe is also great, and has a ton of different games. For .99, it's a real bargain. For plain old solitaire, I've always like Sol Free.

17. Sxethang

Sxethang Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I think I would go with Cookie Bonus Solitaire. It is just your standard klondike but has some cool features. It is also enabled with chat features so you can make friends and chat with others in a chat-room type feel. I like it, I remember it being a bookmark like game, before the app store. It's been around a while.:)

18. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Supported games include Klondike Solitaire, Spider Solitaire, FreeCell, Hearts, Blackjack (21), Crazy Eights, Video Draw Poker, Memory Match (aka Concentration), Golf, Royal Cotillion, Royal Parade, Pyramid, Eagle Wing, Calculation Solitaire, Canfield (aka Demon), Forty Thieves, TriPeaks, Beleaguered Castle, Aces Up, Spades (non-partnership variant), Speed, Bastford Solitaire, Deuces Wild, Basic Rummy, Gin Rummy, Rummy 500, Euchre, Limit Texas Hold'Em (prelim), Cribbage, and more.

Holy crap! Is there anything else? :eek:

19. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I don't want all that shit. I just want a solid game. I personally like Eric Snider's Klondike.

20. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    #40 cranker, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
    I agree :)

I love solitaire city, just the version with Klondike. I am wondering if I should try Eric snider's version.