Best space combat game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by awp69, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Starborn Anarkist and Unknown (yes, it's actually called unknown)

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    LOL. Always funny to see an old thread made. Hard to believe how far things have come since the 3.5 years from the OP.

Even though Arc Squadron is on rails, it probably is my favorite space game. Starborn Anarchist is pretty awesome though. After porting KOTOR, they need to port some of the good old Star Wars combat games. I'd take a Rogue Squadron style game.

Strike Wing is pretty fun and seems like the dev is committed making the game get better and better.

What's that Marshall of the Elite Squadron? See it's iPad only.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Strike Wing looks nice but i didnt get it coz it looks to me like an arena shooter with a space theme. Is it?

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    No, it's wide open in terms of gameplay area. Started out pretty bare bones but now has more of a mission structure. Plays and looks really nice for it's small size. People kind of looked down on it a bit when it first came out almost seeming that the dev wanted to kind of use us as a beta group. But he seems very committed and wants to make it even more full blown as far as a story, etc. So I'd easily recommend it, especially at the current $.99 price (which he says he'll raise as the game grows).