[Beta] Looking for testers for new puzzle game Blip Blup.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ustwogames, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Andrey1610

Andrey1610 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Packs 1-2-3 completed. Have problems with 2-12 and 3-10. Can't find perfect solution.

2. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    iCloud support should be considered.

3. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    i just signed up as a beta tester

4. Andrey1610

Jul 6, 2010
    #24 Andrey1610, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    Screenshots 1-2-3 - my current progress

Screeenshot 4 - wrong description. There is should be only "You hit a death tile" without "Too many taps"

Attached Files:

5. ustwogames

ustwogames Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2013
    That end-screen message looks like a valid bug, thanks for spotting. You've nearly perfected all the levels, not far now. :)

We'll be posting Beta updates as we work on the game. This feedback is very useful, cheers!

6. Andrey1610

Jul 6, 2010
    All perfect! :)

Attached Files:

7. saiyukialex

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    WoW! Brilliant!

8. ustwogames

Jan 31, 2013
    Good work! :)

9. ustwogames

Jan 31, 2013
    Hey guys,

We've incorporated all your feedback into a new beta which is now available on TestFlight. Check it out at this link (also on the first post):

http://tflig.ht/Vs56Au

We look forward to hearing what you guys think!

10. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I've only played the first 2 packs so far, but this game is great! The mechanics are simple, yet also difficult to predict. Gameplay is by far mostly trial and error, but you should be able to deduce what area you should be starting near. The other thing that I love about this game is that it seems to be completely new and not heavily influenced by any other puzzle games. The layout is clean and professional looking, the level select screen is attractive, and the gameplay is very smooth. Very nice job.

11. saiyukialex

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Something wrong with achievements.

12. ustwogames

Jan 31, 2013
    Thanks for playing! The gameplay should actually require no trial and error at all once you've fully grasped the behaviour of the mechanic. Getting the hang of that can be tricky at first, keep playing and let me know if you crack it. :)

Hi saiyukialex. What did you find with the achievements? The current achievements in the beta are skeletons of the final versions. The values for many of them will be finalised before release. If you had a specific problem with them, do let me know. Thanks!

13. saiyukialex

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    I cannot get some achievements even when I should get them.

14. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    do you make this app universal or not?
    i've sign up as beta tester, but I only have an ipad...

15. ustwogames

Jan 31, 2013
    Hi all,

We've just uploaded a brand new beta build with a whole host of UI updates and general polish to improve the overall flow of the game.

We've also completely overhauled the tutorial section to better explain the mechanics of the game. Any feedback directly around the tutorial section would be greatly appreciated along with any other thoughts on the rest of the game.

If you'd like to get involved with the beta, sign up on TestFlight with the following link (also on the first post of the thread).

http://tflig.ht/Vs56Au

Stay tuned for more levels too. Thanks!

Achievements have been updated in the latest build so feel free to see how they work in this version.

Hi, it should work fine on your iPad.

16. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    hi, thank you for let me in, I've played some levels, now I'm on pack 4. I just wondering why you wouldn't let us to get 2 star on a level? i mean you only let us get 1 star for pass or 3 star for perfect a level. How about 2 star, may be if we restart the level more than 3 times, though we can finish it perfectly, we'll gain 2 star only... :) but we still able to gain 3 star again if we re-play it again perfectly (no restart).
    Actually, i want to suggest about undo button, but it makes my first suggestion how to gain 2 star useless.
    However, i have another idea, may be you can add timer for getting a perfect score (3 star), we must finish it less than 30 seconds (depend on the difficulty)
    alright, so far I only can told you about this. I will tell more impression later...
    thanks

17. saiyukialex

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    I prefer the previous icon. It's much colorful.

And I still need iCloud feature. :(

18. gingerbeardman

gingerbeardman Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Male
    Former Apple Technology Evangelist
    #TeamGB
    #38 gingerbeardman, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
    I'd love to test this out.

I have an iPhone 5 and iPad 3. Have clicked TestFlight link

19. Mgrad92

Mgrad92 New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Tampa Bay, Fla.
    Now that you've implemented iCloud sync, you need to fix it.

We have four iDevices in my family (two iPod touches for the kids, iPhones for my wife and I), and we use both individual (Game Center, etc.) and shared (Photo Stream, Find My iThing) iCloud accounts.

Apparently Blip Blup shares its progress across all devices via the shared account, and doesn't give you the option of turning that off.

So even though my son would love to try Blip Blup after watching me play on my iPhone, there's no way for him to install it on his iPod touch without also acquiring all the progress and scores I've saved. (And presumably, should he pass me up in level or score I'll see his progress instead of mine.)

This is a real shame. Please fix — or at least give us the option of turning iCloud sync off!