Big Fish Games - favorite puzzle/adventure?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bunger, Apr 25, 2011.

1. rob3k

rob3k Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I haven't played this style of game much, but I'm planning to pick up one or two on the sale and check them out.

2. grant666uk

grant666uk Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    forklift driver
    Scotland
    For two of my games I just used the IAP button. Should I have bought the full version instead. They were the same price. Noticed on iTunes that they are different file sizes. Strange.

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm not sure about the file size difference, but I don't believe there's supposed to be any in-game difference. Maybe the IAP version is slightly bigger due to the IAP stuff, or maybe it's the opposite. I don't know. You could enquire with the dev if you want. I'm not going to fret it myself unless I run into any issues.

4. grant666uk

grant666uk Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    forklift driver
    Scotland
    Cheers mate. Thanks for the help.

5. GordLacey

GordLacey Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I saw this sale last night and immediately bought 13 of the HOG (I only had Amazon, but have played a bunch on my Mac). I think I'm set for a long, long time!

6. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I'd say, a bunch of us went HOG wild for this sale, me included.
    :D

7. joehunt

joehunt Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    lolll :D

8. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

I'm downloading my fourth one right now ... oh, God, somebody stop me!

(Kidding; don't stop anything. I'm looking forward to playing these).

9. GordLacey

Nov 18, 2009
    No way, TheDukester, we're only going to push you to buy more, more, MORE!!

I didn't realize some of the Big Fish Mac/PC games were self-published on the iTunes store. I think I'll track the prices of those on AppShopper and pick them up if they drop in price (actually, I think I may have grabbed a few already).

10. alyfantis

alyfantis Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Hokkaido, Japan
    Well, I just finished PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville and was completely shocked at how quickly it ended. Literally, when the last bit of dialogue played and it booted me back to the front end screen I wondered if I had pressed the wrong button. Worth 99 cents but beware of paying more.

11. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I have nearly all of them :D pure masterpieces!

12. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Had finished Haunted Manor today and now that I've got every Big Fish HOG Game (and even bought Mishap few hrs ago plus had others), its real hard to decide which to go for next. Mind you all, I'm not really complaining ALL that much.:D

13. ak47killa

ak47killa Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I'm so confused. I don't have any of these type of games. I'm kinda intrigued but I don't no wich one to get. Can someone give me an ideal of what I should start out with.

14. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #54 Coldar, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
    If looking for mainly a hidden objects game get Hidden Expedition: Everest
    Or Amazon: Hidden Expedition. (easier than the new released adventure type games)

For adventure/puzzle/hog's then grab one of the newer release's. Haunted Manor is good, I just finished it.
    Don't think they will disappoint.

15. DavidGQ

DavidGQ Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Took advantage of the sales and bought all the ones that I don't have. Wow, great deal. Should keep me busy for a while :D

16. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I skip only one or two that are more pure hdo only. But quote the last released is only in free version so you need not forget buy the IAP giving the full version during this sale. This is Secret Mission: Forgotten Island. I'm playing it and it seems a good one in the category of the Hdo with more than Hdo, ie with little games and inventory and items interaction.

There are better but at this price it's a worthy one, it is missing some more original graphic style or better story to reach the quality level of some other that are better. Solid game anyway.

17. DavidGQ

DavidGQ Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Oh, I did buy the IAP. I havent played any yet. I still have other games that I need to finish first. But really, for Ipad game with great graphic, 99 is a no brainer.

18. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Agree, and did the same - picked up the ones I didn't already have. Looking forward to playing them all...eventually!

19. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    It's really a type of casual games I wouldn't expect to enjoy but I do well not the pure HdO but other. The only problem is they aren't compatible with an iPad disk, too big, so I can't keep too many of them installed.

It's the game genre I have the more games that I keep in reserve to be played but uninstalled. I keep track of such stuff to not have them lost among the global collection garbage.

I'd say the Secret Mission is quite good.

20. GordLacey

Nov 18, 2009
    I tell ya, I'm glad I went for the 64 GB iPad 2 instead of the 32 gig.