Big Fish Games on sale -->all $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Agas, May 6, 2011.

1. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Going to complete my collection with this.. even though I have most of them
    allready, debating if I should replace the IAP for the full ones..

And I see on the previous page that Marco polo is free now..
    The game was sooo bad rated, I guess they dumped it for free now.

2. grant666uk

grant666uk Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    forklift driver
    Scotland
    Why would you do that ? Thought they were thee same games ? Two of mine are IAP.

3. Hzaife

Hzaife New Member

May 6, 2011
    I grabbed Amazon, Puppets and Awakening

4. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I guess because there's a feature of hidden object games in I-tunes, it becomes an event for sale.
    Now there's another hidden object games that dropped its price from $2.99 to $0.99. It's Blake and Mortimer: The Curse of the Thirty Denarii.
    Apparently the developer also has lots of hidden object games for $.99. I never had any of these games that are connected to literature like Around the world in 80 days, Treasure Island, Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, 20.000 Leagues Under the Sea, etc.

Anybody played it yet? Is it worth downloading? I kinda like the comic look (just like Nick Chase), but I want to hear opinion from those who played it before.

Blake and Mortimer - The Curse of the Thirty Denarii

Licensing Highlights
    13 million comic books sold since 1946
    6 million books sold since the series re-launched in…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Licensing Highlights
    13 million comic books sold since 1946
    6 million books sold since the series re-launched in 1996
    Average sales: 500 000 books for each new title
    Brand awareness: 42% of young adults in Europe recognize the brand

Help Blake and Mortimer protect a precious artifact and the fate of all mankind!

Mortimer has just been contacted to inspect a huge archeological discovery in Greece: Judas’ thirty denarii! Nearly 2000 years ago, the apostle Judas betrayed Christ to the Romans for thirty denarii. The silver coins contain a deadly curse to anyone who touches them. In the wrong hands, such a dangerous artifact could spell disaster for the entire human race… Blake and Mortimer must find the missing denarii before any blood is shed again.
    Fearless as always, Blake and Mortimer return in this thrilling new adventure!

Useful helps

Take advantage of the zoom x2 to take a look right into the scene and use the tips you acquire to get the hidden objects.
    Need tips or time ? Unveil the hidden bonus stars to gain some.

Sumptuous scenes

From the Mortimer’s desk to an enigmatic cave in Greece passing by a tub full of surprises, follow our two heroes in their thrilling adventure through majestic scenes.

Game Highlights
    ✔ Interactive inventory
    ✔ Parallax
    ✔ Dynamic and animated game play
    ✔ Numerous places to investigate
    ✔ Various mini-games: puzzles, matching game…
    ✔ Help : zoom, hints, bonus stars
    ✔ Incredible high definition graphics
    ✔ Bonus game play
    ✔ Retina Display
    ✔ Game Center

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

You have a comment, an opinion, a question, a proposition about one of our games or apps?

Send an email to [email protected]
    or
    join our Facebook fanpage!

You have a technical issue?
    Contact [email protected]

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Family, Puzzle
    Release:Jan 18, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

For Hzaife --> Add Nick Chase to your collection, won't regret it!!!

5. joehunt

joehunt Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    These games by Anuman/HdO are incredibly sub-par in comparison to anything released by Big Fish on ipad/ipod. In my opinion, they are the absolute worse hidden object games on the market.

You only need to try one game out. Every single game they release uses the exact same format - they just keep recycling the template with different stories.

6. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Thanks. I'll skip it then.
    By the way, here's another 2 games on sale to $.99 that on the same genre as big fish games :

Where's Waldo?™ HD -The Fantastic Journey

WHERE’S WALDO? THE FANTASTIC JOURNEY JUST FOR iPAD. Your favourite game is now enhanced with stunning new HD graphics PL…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    WHERE’S WALDO? THE FANTASTIC JOURNEY JUST FOR iPAD. Your favourite game is now enhanced with stunning new HD graphics PLUS updated and exclusive Multi-Touch features, including a new Party Game mode where you play against friends on the same device! Experience the game that rocketed to #1 in 9 different countries! The first game in the Where’s Waldo? franchise, Where’s Waldo? The Fantastic Journey, has sold millions of copies around the world.

Reviewers rave:
    **App Advice: “...the best Hidden object game in the App Store.”
    **GameZebo: “...excels in its fun game play, story, graphics, voice talent and humor.”
    **Touch Gen: “If you are looking for a polished hidden object game you can’t go wrong with Where’s Waldo? The Fantastic Journey.”
    **App Bite: “...good job with bringing the Waldo experience in a truly interactive way...”

NEW FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO iPAD:
    • NEW Party Mode where players compete on the same device to see who finds their hidden objects first.
    • NEW Eye-popping HD Graphics: Designed and optimized for the iPAD’s advanced capabilities.
    • ADDITIONAL QUESTS: Each world now has more of the game play that you love.
    • EXPANDED VOICING of beloved characters: Waldo, Wenda and Whitebeard come to life as they communicate with you.

Additional Features:

• Wacky Paint: Splatters of colorful paint fill the screen.
    • Frosty: Freezes the search window by encasing it in ice.
    • Thunder Clap: Makes the whole screen shake.
    • Upside Down: Flips the search upside down.
    • Sparkly: Keep an eye on twinkle and glitter effects to detect items.

Enjoy the ultimate search and find adventure for all ages!A must for your iPad. Get it now!

*Rebooting your iPad will fix loading issues a few users have experienced. Enjoy!*
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Family
    Release:Jun 15, 2010
    Version:
    User Rating: (1)

Mishap

MobileTechReview: 5/5!

Namco's new Hidden Object Game! The Burtons have just moved into a beautiful new home, w…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    MobileTechReview: 5/5!

Namco's new Hidden Object Game! The Burtons have just moved into a beautiful new home, which just happens to be haunted. Now it's up to you to help them deal with some particularly unfortunate ghosts as you search for objects hidden throughout over 30 beautifully illustrated rooms. Assemble ghostcatchers and challenge each ghost in a unique minigame! Unravel the mysteries of the ghosts' unfortunate fates through in-game comics! Help the Burtons survive the paranormal and take back their home in Mishap: An Accidental Haunting.

We recommend that you update your device to the latest iOS version before playing. We also recommend that you close the game before downloading the update. To do so, double-tap the home button to display the recent apps bar. Press and hold the Namco application icon until a red minus appears, then tap the minus sign to close the application.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Puzzle
    Release:Sep 02, 2010
    Version:
    User Rating:Unrated

7. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin

Wasn't this in French only?

8. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Well... I had a few times, that I was playing the game at a place where I have no wireless internet, upon starting the game later on, it became a IAP again. and had to re-activate it..
    so I couldn't play it at that time.

9. farley2k

farley2k Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I picked up a few of these today. I figure for .99 it is hard to go too wrong. Are there any BF games which are really "must haves" or are they all pretty similar in quality?

10. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I love Megaplex so far. Spent way too much time last night on it. I am only iffy on those types, but there's just something about it that is much more appealing.

Empress is a bit feminine, but suck it up and try it - it's a good game ;) It's more feminine to not be comfortable enough to play it! :p

Try the lite version, you'll know if it's for you right away.

For everyone else, the same thing applies. Try the lite versions first, that's what they are there for!

I won't touch Marco Polo with a 10 foot pole. Look at the reviews. The company screwed over and around people that bought it for $10. It might be decent, but there's enough else out there that it's not even worth a look.

Azada is intereting. It's a selection of say 8 or so puzzles per "chapter". There's a time limit, which I don't like, because if you make too many mistakes on a few of the puzzles, it will ruin your chance with later puzzles, possibly meaning you'll have to redo them. But I spent a lot of time with that, too - So for 99 cents, I DO still think it's worth it. And if you're good at puzzles, block sliding puzzles, tile swapping puzzles, etc - You'll enjoy it. No picture searching.

As for the Big City, my wife played through most of New York and her biggest complaint was that the scenes were reused too often. I also find the objects are a bit ambiguous, it's not my favorite of their games, which goes against the grain a bit :)

Most of them are Hidden Object games. Almost all of them have mini games in them. Some, like Empress, have a bit more of an exploration point-and-click adventure, but they are all based around a primary picture search idea.

That was exactly my point with Marco Polo.

yeah, I saw that you had to re-do the IAP, but it shouldn't hinge on an internet connection. Did you just reinstall the game?

Where's Waldo is okay, but it's not huge with variety. It's JUST a Where's Waldo game. no real story, nothing of that sort.

Mishap at 99 cents is a steal as well. I'd honestly put it next to Big Fish as far as quality. The story is a bit silly, but there are a few interesting changes that make it a bit more than a standard search for this style of game.

Don't know why it was showing at $4.99 here, though..

Anyway, these games,

11. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Hmmm...decisions, decisions...
    I am not really into total HOG games so I am looking for something with a bit more adventure or mini-games in it. And I like spooky. :eek:

I have narrowed it down to PuppetShow vs. Nick Chase.
    And I am also considering Drawn:painted Tower vs. Haunted Manor.

What do you guys think?
    :confused:

12. grant666uk

Aug 27, 2009
    forklift driver
    Scotland
    Was going to buy mishap but five of the six reviews say it crashes on startup. Mmmm

13. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Mishap HD starts fine on my iPad 2.

14. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Might depend their device possibly or maybe jailbroken, I just booted it up without any problems and into the game now as I type.

15. grant666uk

Aug 27, 2009
    forklift driver
    Scotland
    Cheers chaps. Have a iPad 2 so should be ok.

16. grant666uk

Aug 27, 2009
    forklift driver
    Scotland
    Any good ?

17. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I wish I can tell you, but I bought so many HOGs since last night it may be a while. Reviews seem positive and it is 99 cents, so if you have any interest...

18. grant666uk

Aug 27, 2009
    forklift driver
    Scotland
    I am in the same boat. Still went and bought it. So easy when it's 59p.

19. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I left the good review for Mishap on iTunes. I really enjoyed it and had no problems with it loading. Lasted quite a long time too which was good