Universal Bik - A Space Adventure (by Zotnip)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 13, 2014.

1. mikepinto

mikepinto Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Developer/Musician
    New Jersey
    Awesome!
    I posted a walkthrough on the official forums here:
    http://www.zotnip.com/forums/index.php?topic=5.0

To put out the fire:
    Get the items from the weapons locker upstairs next to the couch. Use the gravity boots on Ammut. Get the mop, Turn off Gravity by interacting with the Environmental controls, use the mop on Tatenen. Now use the oxygen mask on Ammut and then turn off the oxygen in the lower level.

2. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Looks super nice! Just downloaded it and will post impressions soon.

3. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I loved the old Sierra games and I love it when Devs make a game as a complete experience with no iaps! Well played, I'm buying this now ^_^+!

4. doone128

doone128 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Sweet

Well, what a sweet little game. I've only played about 30 mins so far but I love it - it's got a lot of heart. The music is fab and the art style is wonderful. Bravo!

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    bought it when i've read that it's a sort of tribute to old Sierra games, and... guys, is more than that, this is a new Space Quest chapter!!!

thanks to the devs for bring me back to the sweet old days of Roger Wilco first adventures!!!

6. cdbaksu

cdbaksu Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    What a great game! Minus the whole thing being voice acted (I know that can get expensive) this is on par with the Monkey Island series! I'm enjoying it a lot!

7. mikepinto

mikepinto Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Developer/Musician
    New Jersey
    Thanks so much! We did think a lot about voice acting, and I even built the functions into my Adventure engine, but ultimately it would have been to costly to get quality voice acting. Maybe for the next game if this one does well!

8. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  9. cdbaksu

cdbaksu Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    I'm sure a Kickstarter campaign would make people eat a next game up like a hot cake! :)

10. TapTitanApp

TapTitanApp Active Member

Aug 13, 2014
    unemployed
    NYC
    LOVE this game! I can definitely see how much hard work and passion was put into this project. The music is awesome, and the storyline and the many different planets really give a sense of freedom and exploration. Great job. One of my favorites.

11. cubilas

cubilas Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Nice game! Love the music, pixel graphics and the humour. Tried to shoot one of the socks, that was a stupid thing to do apparently :)
    Looking forward to all the stupid decisions I will make.

12. kevin8977

kevin8977 Active Member

Apr 4, 2014
    Awesome thanks! Best dev ever!

13. Disco Driscoll

Disco Driscoll Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Ditto. I've completed the first two scenes and I'm hooked. The music is incredible, and the sense of foreboding is really quite... foreboding! Can't wait to play more 2nite. Will post again when I've finished game.

14. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Does the game sync between devices?

15. mikepinto

mikepinto Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Developer/Musician
    New Jersey
    Sadly, it does not. I actually had syncing in an earlier build using dropbox (still do on other platforms). But I was having trouble getting it through apples approval process, so I decided to take out the feature just to get the game out there. Dropbox has recently told me they fixed the issue, so in the next update there will be syncing. I can't quite give an estimation yet when that update will be though. I want to wait till I get more players and feedback to see what else might need to be fixed. Thanks for the interest!

16. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Downloading now :D thanks for the quick response

17. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    I feel nasty carrying around raw bologna all the the time. I hope I find somewhere to cook it quick!
    This looks/feels like a labor of love... liking that it's so lo-fi and full of heart.
    I love that the checkpoints are so frequent... I like trying all the options, even if I know they're wrong. Reminds me a bit of McPixel (a good thing!).
    I too, blasted the sock. So that's where they all go when they disappear in the dryer...
    Nice work @mikepinto, looking forward to finishing this one, but taking my time and enjoying the world you created.

18. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I'm hooked after the first the scene.. Great job :)

19. Hypocrypha

Hypocrypha Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
    #39 Hypocrypha, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    I'm so in love with everything about this game. Pure genius!
    Edit: that's how to put out the fire?! Oh man, seems I'm gonna need some hand holding but I must go on. It's too good lol.

20. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Just check (and inspect) your inventory a lot - particularly when you add multiple items. Oh, and make sure you've inspected everything in the rooms. The solution is usually somewhat obvious once you have everything you need (and you've died a few times). The puzzles so far seem to be around the same level as the fire.