Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. r2ks8x

r2ks8x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    wait did i say im 1st again got the spirit to play this game again after watching your video brad completed dragon's teeth thanks mate oh man joker baron 4 is a headache (note : joker baron 4 is accessible if you completed the 1st 2 tracks for extreme)
    [​IMG]
    brb im taking painkillers for the last track :p

2. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    QUESTION FOR THE DEV:

So is there any final answer yet as to whether tilt-controls will be implemented in an update or not?
    I realise I'm not in the majority here, but many other similar iOS games have implemented tilt-controls fantastically, and some of us do prefer to play that way.
    Thanks.

3. deto

deto Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Artist, Developer, Designer
    Here I am nervously waiting for r2ks8x beat the Joker Baron IV :)

4. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #444 TicTac, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    Anyone knows how to get the first coin in Hard 7?

EDIT: nvm got it by luck.

5. towelll

towelll Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
  6. attaboyBrad

attaboyBrad Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Thanks for keeping the crown warm overnight, Tatum ;-) Had a rocking 21s of King's Castle (Extreme 1) after 3*ing Dragon's Teeth to vault me up. Amazing how doable (I won't say easy) those extreme one's are with practice. Dragon's teeth seemed absolutely impossible when I began.

That said: Joker Baron IV is absolutely ridiculous. I've tried to take some screen shots to upload, but it doesn't do it justice. Stars are for finish, 4m, and 2m.

Tatum, have you figured out a way to get out of that first bowl on JB4 without crashing? If you said "that's impossible", I'd absolutely believe it. Fortunately, just touching the first coin, which is easy, teleports you to the first gas pump on restart.

From there, I've been doing a very slow backflip to drop down, which is as far as I've gotten. I once got my head through the next gap while upside down, but getting the bike through will be a miracle. I imagine whatever comes next evokes "you're f*%&#ing kidding me" just as strongly.

Kind of hoping I'll somehow drop to, say, 400th overnight so I don't feel motivated to claw back up. I'm really not much of an arcade gamer.

7. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
  8. efp1

efp1 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Finland
    I'm currently 3rd in the leaderboard. Joker Baron IV is impossible! I don't know how I'll manage to complete it. Seems like its based on random luck rather than skill. I might be wrong though, and there might be a strategy to it.

9. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Oh, so close! That must have been hard to see that. Hope you'll crack it soon ;)

10. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    #450 mikeg123, Oct 25, 2011
    I finally managed to get past the the teeth this morning, and I've finally gotten a feel for getting over the next obstacle. However, that ending is a pain in the butt. I had read to do a wheelie, but I can't even get that to work at the moment. Any other tips to go with that?

I know that the Dragon's Teeth obstacles become easier over time, but I have found them to be the most difficult in terms of mastering. And then I find it to be a really cheap (and bad) design to add that wheelie ending. Come on, after doing all that, you're going to add some lame ass ending. Sorry, just venting.

EDIT: ugh, hit the retry (from the start) by accident, and now I can't get past the teeth. I have a technique, but I either end up skewered, from which I can recover most of the time, or I end with the front half of the motorcycle on a tooth -- and trying to maneuver it so the back tire is against the tooth is a major pain. I think it is time to call it quits on this game. Not worth the heartache.

11. attaboyBrad

attaboyBrad Member

Oct 25, 2011
    #451 attaboyBrad, Oct 25, 2011
    For the wheelie finish, once you've got the wheelie started and the front wheel is just about to go under, punch the gas to get under the finish. The rapid acceleration will radically compress your suspension, giving you a much deeper wheelie. It's possible to just wheelie slowly underneath using really good brake control--I've done it--but it's MUCH harder.

I'm working on the end of Joker Baron IV right now. If nobody ever gets the 2nd or 3rd star, I won't be terribly surprised. I'm on my 636th restart, 98th minute. At the very end is a bomb bridge with a row of barrels immediately overhead. I've gotten to about 7 barrels left a few times, but there's nowhere to push them like there is on JC3.

Worst of all, sitting at the end of the bomb bridge is a raised and bucktoothed moose staring you down while you're riding the bridge, which I can only surmise will be a challenge to push aside and I'm scrambling out of the explosive ball pit.

So help me, when I finish this level, I will never play this game again... except for the JC3 update. Probably.

12. efp1

efp1 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Finland
    I'm at the second to last part, I think I've given up for the night. I'm about 50 minutes in... I don't know how anyone can beat it in under 2 minutes!

Good luck with the last part! :)

13. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    #453 RaptorF35, Oct 25, 2011
    Lol, just did it again, 1:30:059. Yeeesh!

Edit: 1:07....I love this game. About 18 hours played. On to Joker Baron IV!

14. attaboyBrad

attaboyBrad Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You love this game until you get to Joker Baron IV ;-)

154 minutes, 1000 restarts. I can't get past this damned moose at the very end of JB4. Has anybody beaten this?

It seems the moose has to be knocked out of the way, because he's much larger than the sheep and I doubt he can be hurdled. The moose would have to be hit at a pretty good speed to knock him out of the way, but the only way to do that is to accelerate WHILE ON A BOMB BRIDGE (you have to drop very gently with brake control down a steep slope to mount the bridge, no runway like in JC3).

I've gotten over the bridge, one bomb at a time, over a dozen times now, and I can get the front wheel up in front of the moose and rock the bike forward to give it a smooch, but I cannot imagine how the hell I'm supposed to move another pixel forward.

Has anybody managed to cross the entire JC3 bomb bridge in one go? Without slowing down? There has to be some technique that nobody has found.

I hate moose, I hate Finns, I hate Joker's, I hate Baron's and all assorted lesser lords. Bikes are okay.

Suggestion to the devs: Have the game remember the farthest checkpoint reached, and allow restarts from there from the level select screen. It'd be really nice to be able to break these extreme levels up into different sessions.

15. r2ks8x

r2ks8x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    #455 r2ks8x, Oct 25, 2011
    yep i think u can't escape the first bowl and also no need to collect those coins unless you're doing the 5000 coins achievement and for the last part of dragon's teeth you need to move slowly and doing a wheelie while moving i gave up on the last part of joker baron 4 (bridge bomb while barrels on the top) is giving me a headache going to play other games have lots of backlog will be back when the update comes

PS: i gave up after 243 minutes of spine-tingling sensation and i dont want to recount my restarts either

16. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    That is a great suggestion. That would also help in my case of accidentally restarting the whole level on Dragon's Teeth (after I had gotten past the teeth). But it would also allow for breaks without having to worry about redoing complicated sections.

17. bigview

bigview Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Final Jump in Sawbones

Anyone have any tips for the final jump in Sawbones? I've only done it once and not sure what I did to make it over. Can't seem to make it over.

18. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    You've got to use the bump before that final jump to give yourself a little more speed.

19. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Can't get this either. Did it once by luck, but trying now for the stars and can't get it. I'm using the last bump to give extra speed but it isn't enough. I get close but never enough to land it.

This and the stupid Dragon's Teeth are gonna have me launching my phone real soon... :(

20. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    For Sawbones, I found that hanging down off that last bump worked for me. Get it so that your hanging by your back tire. Then punch the accelerate button and as you fall try to get your bike lined up so it hits that end of that low ramp so that you can get your momentum really going.

I tried jumping off that last bump to catch more air for the way down, but I could never come close to landing that smoothly at all.

And Dragon's Teeth really makes me want to punch someone in the teeth. :p