Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    That's a fun and very challenging level! :)

I played it for about 10 minutes but couldn't get past this point: (The method of passing those is probably a bit like the spikes in Dragon's Teeth?)

Attached Files:

2. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    #522 RaptorF35, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
    You have to speed through it

Forgot to mention, If you can complete it, try getting all the coins ;)

I plan to make a new map in a few days, probably harder than this one.

3. kukouri

kukouri Active Member

Really awesome to see a fellow finnish developer doing so well :cool::D

4. doone128

doone128 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I seem to remember that the preview of this game, yonks ago, had some music in the back ground. It was great - la la la la la la la la la la la. Any idea why it was removed?

5. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Thanks for featuring my level. It's cool to see someone else play a level I spent hours creating. And I'm looking forward to the Halloweeen update, keep up the great work guys :)

6. VonWillebrand

VonWillebrand Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    Is the game supposed to look better on iPhone 4S? I'm not noticing anything different.

7. deto

deto Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Artist, Developer, Designer
    On iphone 4s you have shadows and anti-aliasing. Anti-aliasing probably isn't very noticeable due to the high resolution to begin with but the shadows... so lovely! :)

8. deto

deto Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Artist, Developer, Designer
    Thank you :) Did you check the Dragon's Teeth video posted earlier? I don't remember who posted it but he did show pretty good tactic for the teeth

9. VonWillebrand

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    I'm definitely NOT seeing the shadows. Can it be because I restored the game from iCloud (previously played it on iPhone 4)? I don't want to reinstall because I'll lose my hard earned stars!

10. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Try closing the game.. double_tap your hour home button, you'll see a list of apps running in background. Find Bike BAron and hold you finger on the icon, when it starts wiggling use the small red button to close it down. Then start the game again and you should see shadows. Game detects the type of the device every time it's started..

11. VonWillebrand

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    That didn't help. To clarify, when I got my new iPhone 4S this morning I set it up from an iCloud back up. Maybe I've encounteref some rare bug? Might try to reinstall the game anyway.

12. Project-79

Project-79 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Canada
    Well, now the game has locked me out. Every time I open the app, the initial screen comes up, then 3 seconds later the screen dims and crashes. I've turned my iPhone 4s on/off as well as hard reset it. I'm afraid to delete and reinstalled as I don't want to lose all my data!

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Where's that? I looked for a bit but couldn't find that video in this thread. I'm sure it's there, I just can't find the message with it.

14. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    See post #426 by attaboyBrad. And I had watched that video when he first posted it, but it still doesn't make it any easier for me. :)

@attaboyBrad: if you read this, what song is that playing in the video?

15. skaz1985

skaz1985 Member

Oct 28, 2011
    #535 skaz1985, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
    as someone who searched online when i got stuck and found this site to get some tips, i feel as though i have to return the favor. i just completed joker baron 4 and i think i might be the first as beating it made me number one on the leaderboard. i remember seeing some people before talk about how they couldnt get past the bomb bridge.. my method for getting past that evil SOB was to ease down the steep slope and onto the bombs then creeping up on top until you fall down and are able to get flat on the ground and capable of accelerating into the bombs. once you do that, get past each bomb by leaning back and gently accelerate to where the front tire is touching between where the bomb in front of you and the second bomb in front of you meet, and you just kind of accelerate without a lean and it just kind of glides right under you. it gets real easy after awhile. its always nice to make sure the bombs are relatively tight so gently accelerate into them from time to time. after you do this and get to the very end with every bomb behind you (including the one under the lip.. that one can be tricky you got to try and get on top of it and jiggle it back to where you can do the bomb passing move) you should have a nice little space between you and the moose and the level above you. as kind of a happy accident during one of my many trials and errors, i discovered that the moose can be tipped over if you hit him hard enough. to do that, get all the way touching the bombs behind you and just lean back and speed into the lip of the board with the front tire going over it and the momentum of the bike going somewhat forward, and if you do it right you'll hit him hard enough for it to tip. then you have some space up top to basically repeat that and if you hit it right you will be able to accelerate and lean forward and get that back tire up along with the front tire and then you tenderly hit the moose on across the finish line and down to the ground and you're across. i dont know if any of that makes sense or if it was just a fluke but that's how it worked for me. i didn't think that method would work and was convinced i would have to get back on top of the bombs near the end which i kind of figured a way to do (never could get it to work when it mattered though) but in the end that is the method that worked. just clear away the bombs and tip the moose and keep hitting that lip with a backwards lean and eventually it'll hit right and you'll be able to lean forward and get that rear tire up on the platform. my time for the level sucked it was over two hours and ~1500 attempts. it was absolutely brutal there's definitely luck mixed in with a good chunk of the level in terms of bouncing the right way but after awhile you figure it out and get through it. i hope what i had to say helps. now i just gotta figure out a way to get 30s for joker cat 3... eff my life :(

16. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    My first level!

"Sky Lanterns"
    AGXO

My best time was 13.885

17. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Noooooo!! I made it to the end of Dragon's Teeth in 1:12. And then I backed off the top platform at the finish gate and crashed. But I still made it in 2:41, so I got my second star. :)

18. attaboyBrad

attaboyBrad Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Congrats on JB4 Skaz! I do think you're the first to beat it. Enjoy the crown. I'm done playing until the update. Arkham City is too good to put down.

@MikeG123: The song is whatever stock song iMovie for iOS uses with it's "Modern" theme. Sounds a bit like the Linkin Park song from Transformers 3.

19. VonWillebrand

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    Just to let the developers know, I reinstalled the game and now have dynamic shadows. Sucks that I lost my progress but oh well...To sum it up, restoring from an iPhone 4 iCloud backup on a brand new iPhone 4S made Bike Baron think it was still running on the old system.

20. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    #540 RayZZoo, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
    Does anyone know how to beat the time for the hard level 1 (Winter 1901) ?

I miss one star for this level to be able to play Joker Cat III, but I don't understand how to do 00:16:00. My best score is 00:17:30 :confused:

I don't understand how to take speed after the last loop...