Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    HOLY CRAP! This looks better than expected! :eek: And I did expect a lot. :p

2. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    Minigore and Death Rally are two of my all-time favourite iPad games so I'll be grabbing this for sure. Roll on midnight...

3. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    OK,but later don't make me say I said so.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Wooooooooooooosh!

5. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    @dev: do you have a twitter? we could use to share some codes..

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yeah I'm thinking how are we going to get codes from people who are making cool levels? Or how are we going to share the codes for levels we make.

7. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Someone made a thread under the General Forum for this....

8. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think starting a thread is a good idea for now. We will see how this goes and if we have enough quality levels we may build a whole site where you will be able to share your levels and rate etc. I already saw few great levels.. try these codes: ABMD, ABMF..

Found some great new video as well..

We are very happy from the first impressions, looks like everyone is loving the game so far ;) Thanks to everyone for your support!

9. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Games not out in all the countries yet, right? People have already started making levels? And coming from you... great levels? Wow. This game is going to be a block buster. (Touchin wood.)

10. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Yeah, we are totally surprised as well! I feel we will get some amazing levels as people spend more time in the editor. :)

11. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I think a site with a rating system would give the game longevity. Lets say if someone wanted to pick up the game in a year from now, the community would have probably amassed a large collection of quality maps. Talk about content!

12. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Game Impressions

Here are my first impressions. This game is excellent. Everything is very polished, gameplay is fun and smooth, the art style looks great, controls work well and the level editor is awesome. Probably the best level editor I've used in an iOS game. In my opinion this is by far the best trials type game on iOS. And great value for 99 cents.

13. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    #53 amusing Grace, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
    Did you get your code already? :eek:
    I´m still waiting for mine...

14. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    ABMP

That my first level I've created for anyone who's interested.

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Do these codes remind anyone else reminded of Kikstart II? :eek:

[​IMG]

16. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    @Timo

There are only 3 Achievements,and some are buggy,like the level share.I shared one,the trophy is active in game,but not on Game Center.My first request is could you add more achievements to the game? Everything is perfect except this. Congrats :D

17. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    That's the correct answer and wins you a promo code!

metalcasket gets another promo code for guessing close enough by missing only one letter :)

Sweet levels people! We've been checking them out and there's several really good levels there already! We're gonna highlight a few of them in the Bike Baron blog soon.

We found the user level sorting methods that games such as Little Big Planet use quite disappointing. For example: badly done levels which let you unlock achievements quickly had a high rating.

Being that we're no Sony with lots of resources we had to be smart about how to do it because the same method would yield even poorer results...

So the master plan was that we decided to count the time it takes for the user to create the level and it seems to correlate very nicely with the level quality! Also the fact that you have to finish the level in order to submit it helps a lot :)

18. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Yeah, we added only 3 achievements on purpose as we are planing something big with the achievements in the updates, can't say more yet :p If you see the trophy unlocked inside the game in the game center achievements it may take some time to show on your game center profile I think..

19. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Any word on the Asian release date? It's 4 am over here and it's not out yet ><

20. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Oh god it's the Bike Baron