Bike Baron [Releasing October 20th]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TimoVihola, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Holy crap......

2. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    This looks incredible! How long until the development is near completion?

3. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

You've been warned, that this game is awesome :D

Few weeks until finished.. I think it would help if I go back to coding and don't hang around TA forums ;)

4. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    Glad you noticed! We've paid lots of attention to small details like smoke steaming out of the exhaust pipe and the changing driver posture. I think in a game like this it has to feel like he's driving a real bike - it makes it that much more dramatic when he crashes :)

Probably the biggest effort went into the level editor which we used to create all the levels in the game. You can see it briefly in the beginning of the video. The editor will ship with the game so you can make your own creations and share them with everybody!

We'll be demonstrating the editor sometime later in a video form so stay tuned :)

5. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    I just pooped my pants.

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    OMG! this looks amazing. I can't wait.

7. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
  8. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    The front page article got my attention. Damn this game looks good.

9. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Game looks incredible but i have to put my 2 cents in here, Did you guys ever play Joe Danger on ps3 on the PSN? cause it looks like you got some inspiration from that as it is pretty close to Joe Danger even has the coins and similar graphic styles + the humor.

Im not knocking it it looks fantastic and is a day one purchase but i was just curious on this.

10. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

#50 qwiboo, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
    I never played any ps game. I only bought xbox few months ago and was PC guy before :) But I definitely need to check the JOe Danger out if you think it's similar.. :)

11. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I played Joe danger on the psn it does look similar but I'm not sure how bike baron will play, Joe danger was more about speed and pulling wheelies to fill a boost bar. It was good but not amazing.

12. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Please tell me that music is in the game.

13. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

I just noticed one question about Bike Baron flying around the net and it was asking wether the levels from level editor will be shareable.

I'm happy to confirm that you will be able to share your levels with friends and everyone and play other people creations as well :) I think there would be no point in having such a great editor without the option to share your creations ;) I really can't wait to see the levels you guys will come up with, the possibilities are endless!

14. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    Nice! Great news!

15. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Awesome! That will definitely be a reason to keep the game around on my iPod. :)

16. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Wondering which team this game will be published by???

17. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

That's very unusual question ;) It will be published by Mountainsheep.

Thanks again for the amazing feedback we are receiving so far from all of you.. it's very motivating!

18. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    The level in the video was really short. I hope that the difficulty ramp-up is good. I would really love twisted difficult levels.

Controls look nice and smooth in the video. Not a single crash through the level!

How many levels are you going to ship with? I hope the game sees the update love Death Rally is getting.

One more thing... I hope the iPad GUI has a diagonal slider instead of horizontal. Horizontal's not very ergonomic on the iPad.

And lastly... going by the video... the game itself looks super. Best of luck. But then, as you said, I am sure you guys really do not need the luck.

19. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Is trololo in the game?

20. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    Evolution of Bike Baron

We thought this would be cool to throw in here, it shows the dramatic evolution of Bike Baron:

[​IMG]

There's a more refined UI in the latest screenshot and lots of other improvements (which are not very apparent from a still image).

Vlado is in Finland at our offices crunching away at the remaining code and Mirko is putting finishing touches to the levels and it's all coming together really beautifully! Can't wait to show it to you guys :)

PS. Homer Simpson character above was just a joke to entertain ourselves. He made the "D'oh!" sound while hitting objects :D It's not in the game but I hear Trololo might...