Binding of Isaac Off Topic and Arguing Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gunther4C, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thank you very much for that!

2. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    I did read your post and I disagree.

If you go check any kind of talk in the JB community on major places (Reddit for example) talking about pirating is extremely badly received, almost prohibited.

Pirating is not seen as okay by the jb community, a lot of people also sell tweaks, they know how bad it is to get pirated, they wont do that to others.

As far as im concerned the only reasons im jailbreaking for is for Controllers for all, screen recording and iFile.

The day apple decide to allow those ill go back to stock releases, unfortunately im 100% sure two of those will never happen.

3. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Personally I don't own a device that's jailbroken so I don't steal games. I wasn't asking for an iOS 9 version for that purpose. I just want to have a version that continues to receive support for bug fixes, etc. moving forward.

Any word as to whether IOS 9 will be supported moving forward?

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Fair enough, but the statistics say otherwise.

5. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    So it's official for the first time in your lifes you can support a truly premium game on its full price. Its simply TBOI and its unique.

6. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Could we have a shrine in with a golden idol in your likeness, celebrating how awesome this game is?

Also thank you for the control question bossjaja.

Portrait mode works great for toilet time at work.

7. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Back to the "jailbreakers are all bad" bandwagon.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    We sure do. In fact, if no one takes care of it before I have access to my laptop, I'll be moving the posts over to a new thread.

9. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #49 Dailon80, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Thanks Tyrone for saying the price will never change!
    This is real simple gamers if you think the price is too high or it's not your bag then move along don't just aggrivate those of us who know how mega rad the experience is. There is an old adage for this some like it hot some like it cold and some like it in a pot 9 days old :)
    Yes we need another thread because I want to read about the game and peoples experiences with it not the same troll comments over And over.

10. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    You get my support...bought :D

11. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Good on you Tyrone. The price doesn't need to change.

And congrats on the whole BOI series. I have them on Steam, Vita, PS4, and now iOS. Will we see the expansions on iOS at sometime?

12. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    I read your original post and it doesn't alter it from being nothing more than a subjective sweeping statement. In all my JB community I don't know one person who pirated games.

13. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #53 Delusionaltool, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT????? for this price tag you will find premium games like Final Fantasy or DonDonPachi bullethell stuff. That is it, the 1 dollar games you will not find as much content as this game offers not even close, this is not some CRAPPY PORT this is the full GAME that is on Consoles/PC/VITA/and 3dsxl. You find me a 1 dollar game that offers at least 500+ hours of game play that has as much variety and player choice as this game offers not to mention how fun and addictive this game actually is once you sink some time in. This game has more secrets than I can mention. Not to mention each character plays totally different from one another offers different end bosses etc. Go on youtube and watch a PRO play this game there is stuff Ive not even done that i have seen. And as far as updates go if this game does well which I think it will Afterbirth will probably get added at somepoint which adds even more content. The excellent Feral Fury is a few bucks and is worth it and you get you what you pay for, its a Issac like as I like to call it and they do it well but it lacks the content that ISSAC has. I would gladly pay what a game should be worth if it has the content to support it, And I knowing Issac real well that is money well spent to Tyrone, Ed and whoever else gets the royalty there is not alot of Devs making this game and the man hours of blood, sweat and tears and love to make these games shows.

14. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Watched some video on YouTube and was not convinced to pay that much of money in this game #

15. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    That's okay.

16. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    This is a premium game and rightly comes with a premium price. If people would like to see more premium games on iOS they should consider purchasing it. Otherwise enjoy Endless Stickrunner 2000.

17. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

That's an absurd and baseless claim. Everyone who spends a lot of time with iOS should be jailbroken to get the most out of their beloved devices. Jailbreaking has nothing to do with piracy. You can pirate games all day long with ease without jailbreaking if that's your perogative. Painting the vast majority of jailbreakers as "pirates" is silly. We are just people who want to get the most functionality from our pocket supercomputers. We are power users, customizers, and developers alike.

18. geniusx

geniusx Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2016
    looks good but why so expensive?

19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

That's fair but how do you explain the discrepancy between the number of times pirate versions of games will be downloaded versus the download stats of popular jailbreak tweaks? Jailbreak communities for sure, are super anti-piracy, but sort of like how front page commenters aren't representative of the bulk of TouchArcade readers, those niche groups of hardcore modders/tweakers aren't representative of the bulk of the people who use jailbreak exploits.

20. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I still don't understand why people don't upgrade to the latest iOS?