Universal BIT.TRIP RUN! - (by Gaijin Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 23, 2013.

1. mertcanmirza

mertcanmirza Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    My problem is solved thank you all who gave advice and tried to help. Now I can play, levels are unlocked, I reset and reinstall problem resoved automatically, great game btw...

2. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Why would I change my rating?
    The game is so horribly unresponsive I can't play it.
    I try, because I know it has potential, but I can't do it.
    A 1/2 second delay turns a 5-Star game like this into a 3-Star game.
    That's just how it is.
    As soon as the bugs are fixed the rating will be changed here & the App Store.
    As long as the game doesn't do what it's advertised to do, I can't possibly be any more generous than a 3/5.

3. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    I'm surprised that if you miss getting the 'tap' item in a level but get everything else you can still get a perfect rating. What do the 'tap' items do then besides give you more points. By getting them you don't seem to get an extra badge or anything on the level, do you?

4. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Wondering the same thing. I've found they aren't worth worrying about in most cases.
    They throw off your groove more than anything, and with a game like this catching your groove perfectly full one full run is your only chance (especially since you have to focus your groove being about 1/2 a second ear
    Y due to the delay).

5. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Yikes, just loaded up the game and all my progress is gone and all levels are locked including 1-1... Think I'll wait for the Vita version. :p

As for the tap thingy, I'm pretty sure you need to get it to achieve a "perfect +" on a level. Could be wrong though.

6. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Nope, definitely don't need it for perfect+ ratings. Have all perfect+ for the first world and a few of them were done without the tap item. Weird...

7. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Ah right, must be just for scoring then. I wish that completing a level without using the checkpoint awarded you with a shiny medal or something. :p

8. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Sounds like that problem that mercanntilzm or whatever his name was was having earlier, he just fixed it, you should ask him, good luck though

9. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    Perfect plus is achieved by getting a bullseye at the end of the level. I have this on xbox and this game is superb. Oh, and for the 100%ers out there if you want the dance achievement get in the habit if dancing every free moment you got, dance your heart away!!

Shame this has so many problems so far.. Can't wait for a fix.

10. GG_Dant

GG_Dant Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Hey everyone!

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that we're testing out some new, optional control schemes (amongst other things).

Thank you!

11. mertcanmirza

mertcanmirza Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Hahahhaa first of all name is mert can mirza, you can call just mert though. And yes, my problem somehow solved. I will tell you step by step how to solve:
    1. Delete the game from settings, general, usage from your ipad/iphone menu (not by holding up and touching the X on the upper right of the game icon)
    2. Open more space on your device
    3. Reset your device close all running applications
    4. This is most important: go to app store choose the game to install. However, when you click/touch to install do not touch anything do not download in background or something, just touch the download and dont close app store or dont do anything, do not close that page, do not let your ipad auto lock(change from ipad's options) just wait for it to finish.
    5. After you finished you will see open instead of download/install touch that...
    Hope this works. If not try all steps again, I tried 15-20 times till it worked. Good Luck
    Btw, thanks to that forum and all kind, mature people who are willing to help...
    Good Game People...

12. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I've been itching to buy this game, but the reported issues with the controls have me hesitant. Are the controls an issue on all devices? I have an iPhone 5 & 4s in my household to choose from.

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm not sure if it's consistent. I'm running on a 4S with iOS 6 and never had any control issues. But it may be dumb luck from a good install for all I know.

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I play on my iPhone 5 7.0.3 and never had an issue either :)

15. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Glad one of my suggestions helped fix it.
    Now for my problem, which only the devs can fix.

16. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    Ok, I finally decided to buy this, and while I definitely don't regret it, I definitely notice a lag in the controls. Tried it on a 5 and a 4s, both using the latest IOS 7. I can't wait til the developer updates this, once the controls are ironed out this will be the best runner on IOS. No contest. As it stands, it's frustrating having to time my jumps AND time my taps, due to a SLIGHT delay. Really takes you out of the flow of the game. I admit to only playing a couple of levels, but it's enough to want to shelve this game until an update arrives.

17. fancyhippo

fancyhippo New Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Creative Director
    Kansas City, MO
    Yeah I'm experiencing the same lag on iPhone 5 / iOS 7. Hope an update fixes it. Does make it hard to do any sort of accurate timing but really enjoy it besides that!

18. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    #198 Jake7905, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    Deleted

19. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    What is strange is that there is no consistency to the lag reports. I have an iPad 3 running 7.0.3 and there is no lag, even with a dozen apps 'resident'. I assure you my controls are crisp, I am hypersensitive to lag of any kind and wail in despair at the general dumbing down of game controls in general (for example the USB mouse polling in Windows 8 is laughable).

20. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    Ok, well after almost giving up (iPhone 5, IOS 7.0.3) I decided to restart my phone, and that fixed my lag problem. I feel like an idiot for not doing that immediately after downloading. My only complaint about the controls now is that the game sometimes misreads my swipes for taps. But so far it's not much of an issue, just beat the first world on hard, about to start Emerald Brine, and loving every minute of this game. Best auto-runner on IOS.