Universal BIT.TRIP RUN! - (by Gaijin Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    I've played until third world, without any real problem. Some lags after trying again and again some checkpoints, but it disappears after a while. I own an ipad 4 with ios 7.

BTW, i like it so much, and controls are ok! They could be better, sometimes i miss a jump or i jump instead of crouching, but nothing unplayable. My favorite game for these last days :)

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Going to buy the Coin Doubler just to support this awesome game (note: I hadn't had any lag nor control issues). Its becoming the best runner for me.

3. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    I already finished all levels included in the game. How can I sync my achievements with the new update?

4. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    Finished! But i need to collect all the gold, unlock the bonus stages, and explore everything... I've just noticed that i can choose the difficulty, hehe. I hope there will be other world to explore..

The retro stages are pretty hard, especially because of the controls.

5. GG_Dant

GG_Dant Member

Sep 24, 2013
    We've actually been paying close attention to the bugs people are reporting, and doing our best to reproduce/fix them!

6. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I've been playing the new Rayman game, and when I compare the delay when jumping on that with BtR it is not even close.

7. GG_Dant

GG_Dant Member

Sep 24, 2013
    We're pretty close to releasing an update with new control schemes and some other fixes. We're a much smaller team than Ubisoft, but we still really apologize that some people are currently having issues with the game.

I'll hop back in once the update is live and let you all know!

8. sgt slow

sgt slow Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Sgt.
    USA
    Love the graphics and gameplay I'm seeing in the video. Leave some impressions soon as I play.

9. GG_Dant

GG_Dant Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know that an update with new control schemes/general improvements just went live. CHECK IT OUT!!

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Great to hear!

On a side note, I just reluctantly upgraded to iOS 7. And just recently bought Bit.Trip Beat. And it doesn't work at all on iOS 7.
    Is your team working on a fix for that?

Sorry to go off topic, just figured with a dev rep here, I'd ask.

11. Double

Double Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Really big Thank You to the devs for this update. The game runs flawless now.
    The Tap Areas control scheme is perfect.

Thanks again!

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Strangely, the controls were working great for me but now I seem to hit an occasional dead zone where it doesn't respond to my tap or swipe. Guess maybe I shouldn't have updated but was curious about the new options.

13. GG_Dant

GG_Dant Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Hey there!

This is a little more in Namco's court than ours, but we can certainly give them a heads up that this is happening for people! Sorry about that!

14. Double

Double Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Try changing to the Tap Areas control scheme. That fixed any issue I had with the controls.

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I tried that but I've gotten so used to the original control method that I'm a little uncomfortable using the Tap Areas. But I'll try using it a bit more and maybe I'll get used to it.

Just strange because I wasn't having any "dead zones" before (like a particular platform where jump doesn't work with a tap or swipe).

16. GG_Dant

GG_Dant Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Strange indeed! We didn't make any sort of changes to the original control scheme. We'll look into this.

17. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Just got this . Controls work fine. iPad air 7.0.3 enjoying so far.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for this BTW. I knew Namco had published it but thought you still were the developer.

19. Squablo

Squablo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    I can also confirm Bit.Trip Beat not working on ios7. I have yet to try the update for Bit.Trip Run, but have been waiting. Thank you!!!

Also, if you won't give us the Bit.Trip Saga on ios, can we at least get the first Runner as DLC for this one? Pretty Please?????

20. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Downloaded it and work fine on iOS7 :) You guys scared me for a bit...