Universal BIT.TRIP RUN! - (by Gaijin Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 23, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Here's hoping it hits the US at 11 EST. But if it just hit the UK, that would typically put us at another 5 hours....

2. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #62 Gabrien, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    Frame rate on iPad 2 isn't smooth, which for this is basically game breaking.

EDIT: And oddly no retina on iPhone 4S. Additionally there are links for currency IAP which don't appear to be active.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Out in US!

4. Alright! Run bit run!

5. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Link please! #

6. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
  7. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
  8. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Hooray! It hit the US!

9. This game sure does have some feel good music.

10. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Aw man. Can anyone else confirm this?
    (About the iPad 2)

11. MARl0

MARl0 Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Frame rate?

So how is the frame rate? I have the game on Wii U, and it runs at 60fps there. Anything less here, and I'll have to pass on it. I have an iPhone 5, and an iPad 4.

12. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Hmm..well I'm having second thoughts about paying four bucks for another runner game. I've already been enjoying Zombie Tsunami and Ninjump Rooftops just released free. Just on the fence here.

13. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    The controls simply aren't good enough either. All too often a swipe will register as a tap, since taps are so highly sensitive. Maybe this game on touch screens was just a bad idea. Certainly in its current state.

14. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I'm fairly confused here... Controls tend to be a bit more quantitative, less subjective, than most things.

It's a bit disappointing, and I WISH they would have just provided buttons, controller support, something!

15. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I am not experiencing any framerate or control issues on the 4s running iOS 7 with limited available space.

My initial impressions are that this game is a remarkable, artistically and meticulously crafted sequel that manages to surpass the original, which I mentioned before was my single favorite game on any platform. I feel very lucky to have this on iOS at such a low price.

For those unfamiliar with the series, Bit.Trip Run is a rhythm auto-runner where each movement of the character interacting with the environment (jumping, sliding, kicking, etc.) contributes a distinctive note within a rhythmic electronic symphony which builds into a climax by the end of each level. It is a unique and beautiful gaming experience.

16. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
  17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Gotta say I'm a bit puzzled by the control / framerate problems. I actually downloaded the demo of this on my Xbox 360 last week to check it out and really was looking forward to the iOS version. I'm not at all disappointed.

I actually seem to be doing better on this version than I was with a physical controller on my 360. The game certainly can be challenging in that if you don't time things right it's easy to run into a platform or drop off an edge.

But so far so good in my experience on a 4S running iOS 6. Great music, graphics, gameplay, voiceovers and polish gets a thumbs up from me. Looking forward to getting further into the game to see what awaits (anxious to see how boss fights are in particular).

18. I didn't experience any slowdown on my iPad 2

19. Double

Double Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    #79 Double, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    Great game. No problems with framerate on my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.3. I see in the version history they just pushed out an update. Oct 31. Performance optimizations.

I think the controls work fairly well, not really an issue for me anyway.

Is anyone having problems with Game Center? There are Leaderboards and Achievements. But showing up in GC as "No Items".

20. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Swipe left to dance, down to slide and right to kick/block on the left side of the screen... and the whole left side of the screen to jump... not a problem at all... its really easy. Practice?