Universal BIT.TRIP RUN! - (by Gaijin Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Hopefully its fixed soon, because this could easily be one of my favorite games of the year.

2. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #162 Lazer Kat, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    Can someone confirm whether or not the Slenderman Easter Egg made it into this iOS version?
    Since it was released on Halloween, I'd like to think it made it.

(I know it was in Runner 2, but this isn't an exact port)

3. mertcanmirza

mertcanmirza Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    You guys are lucky... I still can not play any levels or tutorial...

4. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Have you tried clicking all three worlds?

5. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    I can confirm Jump lag. I'm on iphone 5 and noticed a .25 or .5 delay from touch to jump. Have no issues with any other runner or game. This issue is confined to this game alone.

6. mertcanmirza

Jan 22, 2013
    Yep, I tried clicking all words, all levels, every level is locked...I tried reseting my ipad 2, I tried empty its memory to have more than enough space, I tried delete/redownload game, I tried delete from itunes, I tried everything...

7. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    I had something similar happen with Limbo.
    Try this:
    Instead of deleting the app by holding it and clicking the 'X', go into settings>general>usage> click on the app and delete it this way. Then reinstall. That's the ONLY thing that finally worked for me.

8. Squablo

Squablo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Gaijin Games, please, please, pretty please (with a cherry on top......) can we have Bit.Trip.Saga (or Bit.Trip.Complete)on ios?????

I own the WiiWare originals, and also bought Bit.Trip.Saga on 3DS (both retail card and digital download) and Bit.Trip.Complete for Wii. That wasn't enough so I also bought both standard and HD versions of Bit.Trip.Beat. Then I bought Runner 2 on the eShop for my WiiU. After buying Bit.Trip Run! I still need more.

I guess I'm kind of a big supporter of you guys. I would absolutely LOVE to have all of these games on my iPad, so, please, can we have them? Pretty please?

9. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Great :) Great that you are taking care of all the issues and adding more things. As previously mentioned by others, this will be in my Game of the Year nominations as well. One last thing: Gaijin, when are you planning to add the stuff labeled as coming soon?

10. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I see, bonus at the top, retro at the bottom. Thanks.

When I was reading about Runner 2, it said something to the effect that Retro levels were unlocked as bonus stages when you collect all gold on a level. Apparently that has been changed on iOS.

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Actually, I thought that was exactly the way you unlock them. Think they cost like 60 gold for each level, which you earn by completing the normal levels. Is that not right?

12. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Just listened to the podcast and Bit.Trip Run! got a very favorable audio review. The reviewer named it as his favorite of the week. Here's hoping for an official 5-Star review!

13. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    This game is so great, I'm actually teaching myself to play it by adjusting my jump timing to account for the horrible delay. I shouldn't have to, but the fact I am is a testament to how great this game is going to be when they iron out the kinks.

14. mertcanmirza

Jan 22, 2013
    Well thank you very much for that info, I tried that also:) no luck for me lol still cant play

15. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    Incredibly good. It reminds me joe danger. Not so easy after a while, i feel totally stressed :) Very very good game!

16. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Then change your rating!

17. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    That is from the original bit.trip runner on wii, steam, etc.

18. I am absolutely adoring this game. I was having fun with Ninjump Rooftops but this has taken over easily for now.

I do have a question about all the talk of delay though.

I don't feel any delay at all (iPhone 4S on iOS 7). It jumps as soon as I want it to.

Is this because I have never played any of the other incarnations and don't realise how responsive it should be? Or can the delay vary from device to device? Because it really is super smooth so far.

Seems like a big issue for many so I am wondering why I am not having it.

Anyway. Adore the art and sound, and really looking forward to digging in.

19. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    A workaround for the delayed jump I've found is to swipe upwards instead of tap to jump. Has been working very well for me until a fix comes out.

20. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Ive found situations f.e. Right after sliding the only way i can jump is tapping, swiping dont do anything at all (least in time)