Universal Blackmoor (by Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HansKaosu, Apr 8, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Oh hell yeah, I almost forgot about this

2. bcredonk

bcredonk Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Just downloaded! Wasn't a huge fan of Maximus but this looks better.

3. bcredonk

bcredonk Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Early impressions are that the controls are not as responsive as they need to be and that white dot is STILL very annoying. No tutorial is an issue, only found out about blocking by accident (control stick responding in the wrong direction). I want a virtual d pad for this.

4. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Maximus was one of my favorite iOS games. Hopefully this is even half the game that was, then I'll be happy.

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    just need a simple add features and this game will be perfect:
    1. add tutorial stage
    2. add the in game power ups and ability showcase trailer.

6. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    As an iPad gamer the buttons are horrendously huge! I agree with the other points but find the game to still be fun but that damn B button I can't reach it without holding the iPad in a way I don't normally hold it in order to reach it, which is from the inside bottom corner. It's a very awkward and cumbersome way to hold an iPad when playing any game. I really wish so e developers would have a discussion about ergonomic button layout or something, it seems very few developers understand that when they make an app universal that their control scheme layout does not always work for all screen sizes.

Still a fun game though, bought the coins doubler... So yeah, I'm in it for the long haul...

7. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Thanks for the feedback and cheers for supporting us through the doubler :), we're updating some of the size issues (those big buttons and swapping the A+B) and a few other issues as we hear about them, will be working hard to improve your experience

(edit: the option to change size/swap button position in the settings)

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'd love an option to remove the white dot that's on the screen near the characters. I know it shows where your moving but either an option to remove it or make it dimmer would be cool. :D

9. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Dear dev, can you remove the white spot that is following me everywhere I go? Lol

10. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Yup we hear you on the white spot, we'll try something in the update (at least make it more transparent)

11. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    #31 andysmash, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    The word "blackamoor" is a old-fashioned derogatory term for someone (usually a black person) with dark skin. It isn't a common word these days, but still... the title is close enough to the spelling that I wondered for a while why the title of this game was a racial slur, haha.

12. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Awesome game. Love it. Highly recommend to anyone.

13. Kwok

Kwok Member

Jun 25, 2012
    never heard of blackamoor and it never occurred to any of us. We looked thru a list of 1980's adventure books by Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson. I liked one that was called Deathmoor, and came up with Blackmoor! Later I discovered that Blackmoor was one the earliest D&D role playing games from the 1970's! so it probably turned out that Ian Livingstone saw Blackmoor and came up with Deathmoor :D

14. Kwok

Kwok Member

Jun 25, 2012
    the slider in settings is drag movement sensitivity, we forgot to write that...

15. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I love this game. Got used to most of my annoyances, although I have some difficulties with blocking whenever I want.

Game of the week for me, probably. Love the humor and all the references to other movies and games.

I also love the variety. The underwater level feels like a platformer. The one where you fight a ton of ninja mini bosses feels like a street fighter game.

16. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    100% loving this! And wasn't expecting much so... Kudos to the devs great stuff!

17. BLYoshi

BLYoshi Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    This looks fun! Downloading now!!

18. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Finished it on normal. So many cool weapons and moves, and I just played with one character so far.

This needs an endless mode so we can farm for another toon, repeating the same stage gets boring.

Btw devs, the ending gallery was unlocked for me before I killed the last boss so I could see my character's ending before I killed him. Guess it's a bug.

19. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    #39 kioshi, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Edit: nevermind.

20. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    They did it again. This is Maximus but with more polish and a few new odds and ends. Very cool.