Universal Blackmoor (by Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HansKaosu, Apr 8, 2014.

1. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Controls on iPad Air make the game kind of frustrating to play. Not sure if I keep accidentally hitting the home button but I know that I do keep exiting to the home screen in the middle of the game. Just finished playing Maximus before starting this and the controls on that worked pretty well.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Woah, this is really good

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    So does the other icon update when the game is downloaded? Here's what is on my home screen

Attached Files:

4. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    And by the way, that makes me laugh every time I look at it! Best....icon.....ever Lol

5. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    We were supposed to change all the icons but only did so for the one in the store, after seeing these comments I think we will keep the old one for the actual downloaded game. Unless apple complain about hurting the eyes of four year olds. I wish those four year olds would just grow up!

6. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#66 Anotherkellydown, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Ok, I like the game but this could be much better if the controls were tweaked. Playing on iPad mini retina. The virtual movement controls are pretty uncomfortable. Precise movement is difficult, i.e. ducking and blocking. A virtual joystick might solve the problem. The ability to move and resize the jump and attack buttons would be nice. Also an option to swap the jump and attack buttons, as I instinctively want to use B to attack and A to jump. Having issues with sound effects shutting off during the game, but the music works. Love the graphic style and humor of the game though. Just needs a little more work.

Edit: Changed rating from 3 stars to 4 because there's so much charm despite the control flaws.

7. ioscody

ioscody Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    What an amazing game!!! Please add an option for a different move and block button like a virtual pad or something. But great game I'm addicted to it!!! ;)

8. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I'm sure that most of these four year olds are just as guilty of such offenses as running around in their homes in their underwear in real life... So I don't personally see the harm!

9. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I'd also add that if they can make this fix with the controls for this game if they could also see that it can be applied to Maximus as well. Revisiting that game I realize it suffers from the same issue of the buttons being way too big and positioned just as poorly for iPad.

10. Nshager

Nshager Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Zija Distributor
    Kentucky, USA
    Only thing I hate about mooff games is there aren't more.

Love the characters, the humor, references, and the gameplay. You make me very unproductive.

-Would love to be able to use more of the baddies to play the game, especially if it were in the1v1 format. . Felt that way about maximus also.

-Would love to see the characters in the 'armor' when chosen. Fighting baddies in your undies would be really cool and funny.

Great job and can't wait to see what you have next.

11. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I love how boss battles make you feel like you're playing a street fighter like game because bosses have decent AI.

IMO this games' mechanics would be good enough to make a one on one multiplayer fighting game or even a Super Smash Bros like with four player characters on a map.

12. the_kernel

the_kernel Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Datacore netadmin
    An Island Somewhere
    The big dude looks like a Abobo.

:)

13. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    #73 S-Mario, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    It's happening, right now in fact :)

I'm looking for at least one relatively famous person to join our adventure, I'd love to ask Cyanide & Happiness for any of their characters but that's such a long shot I have to look elsewhere I guess

-------------
    Kwok's working on the multiplayer co-op engine first for Blackmoor, once we iron out a lot of the sillyness - we're gonna add a couple of those single player improvements and a little content...

Then it's onto PVP and a whole new game which is largely based on team PVP battles and ranking systems, we will have many characters including playable bad guys, faces from our previous games and a couple parodies... as I said I'd love to have at least one outsider join us, profit splitting on that character is no problem of course. The good news is that I'm already starting on it and it won't take as long as the more traditional stage-based games

14. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    That'd be awesome!
    This engine seems very well suited to multiplayer one on one (or two on two or whatever) battles.

I hope you guys are having success with this game since it didn't get so much attention here in ta it seems.

Btw gamer mode is impossible lol.

15. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    First of all-this game should worth 2$(at least),second I cannot wait for new,future bosses!!:D keep up the good work guys!!!!

16. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    its been a quiet launch but its probably a good thing since we need to address the initial feedback such as the buttons and controls. We are getting greedy as we might get co-op into the first update but thats pushing it. After that we will just have to figure out who you need to sleep with to get a review around here : D

17. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    I think the buttons are bigger than in Maximus... Maximus's button size seems to work okay for me.

And is there going to be an option to swap jump and attack?

18. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Yup, you'll be able to scale the buttons to a more comfortable proportion and swap the A+B (and the dot will be more transparent)

19. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Thanks.

Will A+B change size together? Because if a game allows any size or position, I just can't manage to get it to be exactly where I want it. :eek:
    Maybe Maximus's button size could be made the default?

20. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Yay review!
    Bet you guys would get a 4 if you didn't take so long to update :p game is unplayable on the iPad, as much as I love this app.