Blade Dash $0.99 >>> Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Master Shake, Apr 28, 2012.

1. tunaW

tunaW Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Love the interlaced graphics.

2. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Are you seriously calling this the best game on iOS?

3. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    And why not? It's his opinion.

4. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Because its not?

But fair enough. His opinion.

5. I reloaded this game again after reading the best ios game ever. And then reunloaded it. So much for best games on ios, I will just stick to Toucharcade reviews from now on.

6. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    A random person with access to a keyboard either way.

7. admmasters

admmasters Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Hi Guys,

As one of the devs on the project, I can 100% confirm that "Skykid" is not one of the devs, unless the other guy who worked with me on producing the game is posting under a pseudonym or has lied to me directly (which I doubt).

I'd like to address 2 points:

1) The game being the best ever/not the best ever.

One man's meat is another mans poison - if we all liked the same thing it would be a somewhat dull world and all that would be available is Call Of Duty and Angry Birds. I personally do not like either of these games and as such - horses for courses. However, that does not mean that someone who really enjoys these games is wrong. They are just different to me. One of the major strengths of the internet is the fact it is a massive melting pot of views and opinions. If you like old school arcade action then there is a good chance that you will enjoy the game. If you don't? Then its a shame, but thats life. I saw some very strong reviews of StreetFighter IV iOS and KOF XIII iOS, now to me, KOF XIII Arcade/Xbox/PS3 is one of the best beat-em-ups to be released within recent times, but I cannot stand the iOS port, likewise StreetFighter IV. However a lot of people enjoy it so fair play to them. I'm not going to tell people how to spend their hard earned leisure time. If you like our game then thanks for the support. If you don't, then play something else, there are plenty of games to choose from. :) Don't hate on someone just because he likes something different than you.

The second point is for people who are interested in the update and our future plans.

2) I'm mainly to blame for the update taking a long time (longer than originally planned); over the last few months I have had a MASSIVE workload for my company and have been only able to work on this project on the train home/to work. There is A LOT planned for the update and for future projects. We do not want our customers to feel short-changed and hope that you will be pleased when we finally release the update to the game. Watch this space as I will try and make more of an effort to keep in touch with you guys and as always will try and respond to any issues or frustrations you have. Please bear with me though, as my workload is RIDICULOUS!

Peace Out.

M

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    On the other hand he admits hes a friend of yours which you dont seem to have mentioned in this thread (whoops !).....

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2073206#post2073206

If i created a game i'm sure if my mum/best friend/dad/dog signed up here they would also say my game was the BEST GAME EVER! So Skykids opinion doesnt count for much, as your friend he wont say 'yeah crap game' will he ?,

Plus the fact that skykid doesnt seem to even mention any other games he likes on iOS ONLY this one i just find his views a bit fake.

So you must know who Skykid is, yeah hes not one of the devs but hes one of your friends.

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    on top of that... you also kind of have to look deeper into opinions if you want to get a real feel of how influential you want them to be on your decisions...

How many other iOS games has this person played?
    How much time have they sunk into these other games?
    How long have they been in the gaming scene?
    What types of games are they most drawn to?

And of course... what PSJ said...
    How close are they to the developer?

Along with...
    Do they have anything invested in the game?

ect...

There's a lot of factors there...

Yes, we all have opinions, but some really just don't count for crap. (yeah... my opinion, which might not mean shit to you...)
    =o/

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I see it a lot on the forums, friends/colleagues shill posting or saying how great a game is and theyre associated with the dev in some way. Problem is how does that help the consumer ?

Of course your friend in this instance (or in many others a fellow dev in the same company) will say the game is great. I had a recent PM chat with a dev from China, quite interesting as he seemed to think shill posting was fine and 'normal' over there but it 'might' be a cultural difference. Interesting chat with him though.

Thing is its also sooo obvious when a new game appears and then a brand new account suddenly appears an hour later saying what a great game this is with their first post, i mean its obvious ! 1000's of great ios games out there, lots of game threads here but some shillers only post in the one ! So obvious.

But again it does more harm than good, a developers friend (or fellow dev) saying how great the game is. Course they will, they wont say 'actually its rubbish' will they ? But a fake 'yeah this games so good' doesnt help us who buys the games.

See this happen time and time again. I'm sure some friends love the game as they might have tested it solidly for weeks, become an expert with the game and want it to do well for their friend. But their opinion/review is so biased it doesnt help the rest of us

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You just won the internets! You win a priiiize! Take a cookie!

12. skykid

skykid New Member

Dec 31, 2011
    #32 skykid, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2012
    Skykid is a real internet handle owned by a real human being: me.

To clarify, Blade Dash has more than one dev, and I'm good friends with one of them. I realise that the active poster representing ADM on here may need clarification that A: I'm not him, and B: I'm not his coding partner.

So, to pick up on a few points here (I thought this thread was cold, so apologies for the absence.)

I'm an old-school arcade gamer. That's sticks and buttons. My personal opinion is that ios is frankly a rubbish platform for all games, arcade style or otherwise. The only real use I've given it (other than playing music/making calls) is for Cave shmups, since I'm a big fan of the genre and have the games on Xbox. Alas, touchscreen controls are such a shitty way to play any game that even those purchases were short-lived.

Street Fighter on ios? A joke. Canabalt? Mind-numbing boredom. Temple Run? Gravity Guy? Usually causes my iphone to end up obeying Newton's law. Frankly, everything I've played is worth shelving after three minutes. Hence, there's no need for me to be an active member of this forum when I have an arcade machine in my living room.

In-fact someone asked if I actually think Blade Dash is the best game on the system? Sure, it's the only one that held my attention long enough to actually mine a score out of it.

I'm still top of the tables, if you discount the fact someone hacked the top spots. I didn't get there through bias, I got there because I couldn't stop playing it.

To echo comments by other posters in the other BD thread: the game plays properly. The controls are optimised to work. It feels like a pad, it has none of the fail inherent in touchscreen gaming: it's tight and obeys skill.

When I ask for scores and hear people struggling to kill the ghost... well, it's a fair comment imo. Basically if you can't play the game, you can't properly judge it. I'll listen to anyone who's put in the 30 solid minutes it needs to get good enough to unlock X-Mode. If you've pulled in 250 then you know how serious it gets as a mix-up game of hardcore skill, like a proper arcade game, but one manufactured entirely around the interface of the hardware.

People have thrown up so many endless runner examples, but they're just sleep inducing. I like having to take out 16 enemies in 6 seconds, utilising the invincibility of the double jump drop-kick to wipe out four in one blow, and other techniques, like sword slashing from a hop and then priming the second jump to take out an incoming airborne enemy.

So yes, I think it's terrific. I told the ADM dev that I would give him a fair critical opinion, expecting to find something to criticise. Although its not perfect, I think it's a remarkable achievement that beats all the shovelware I've had the misfortune of wasting money on in the ios market - at least one that appeals to the type of gaming I'm into. No wonder I just got a Galaxy S3.

Now, before anyone comes back with "lololol, best game on the system u serious bro???", I'd much prefer to know that they unlocked X-Mode and have had a real taste of what the title offers when it actually gets challenging (which isn't after 30 measly slowpoke enemies.)

If its not your thing, go back to playing Angry Birds and wash your hands of it.

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Word to the wise: if you have no interest on this platform, you have no reason to be here. And no, shilling for your buddies doesn't count.

BTW, there's a ton of old-school arcade-stick-and-button gamers around here. Including me. Don't make you special.

14. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    It isn't often that I'm struck truly speechless... wow.

DBC

15. Wow, fighting words. But I still don't think this game is the best game on ios. But tell the developer, good luck with it. Peace out.

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #36 Royce, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    So to summarize, touch screens make it impossible to have proper games. Somehow this one game, and only this one game, rises above and overcomes inherent flaws of the hardware. You don't care about the platform because good games are impossible, unless developed by your friends in which case you enjoy them. Somehow you enjoy gaming on Android, a platform with the exact same touch screen interface, and the only app marketplace with more garbage than the AppStore. Interesting...

Despite the devs' apparent association with ridiculously foolish people, I'd love to try this. Too bad no universal or iPad version.

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #37 syntheticvoid, Oct 8, 2012
    Op... Forgot;

insists that we play Blade Dash until we get a score around 250, and doesn't think our opinion counts until we do, and that we can't judge it until that point, yet only he can judge every other game within 3 minutes of starting it up, and insults everyone who gives other games the time of day. Not to mention if we don't like Blade Dash, the only other game that could be on our devices is obviously Angry Birds...

He's definitely not helping the developers...

I don't have any desire to give jackasses who befriend this douchebag any sort of recognition...

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #38 Exact-Psience, Oct 8, 2012
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

I hope that one dev Skykid claims to know shuts him up coz he's just making the game look like poop with all his ramblings and no-point arguments.

Honestly, when i read his latest post i laughed hard and loud that my girlfriend thought i was looking at a 9gag post on facebook!

I was on the first thread for this game and had an almost-argument with devs because they insisted that this is the best game on the iOS. Now here on this thread another persona is insisting that this is the best game.

Deja vu? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

19. Oh, I'm sorry, didn't realize the 250 rule when I said it wasn't the very best game on ios. So I retract my statement. This game is definitely the best game on ios. Highly, highly, highly recommended! :p

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well what a reply !

Hes not keen on iOS as a gaming platform, perhaps the millions who buy the apps etc and play all these games are all wrong then. Dont get me wrong, when i first saw iOS gaming i wasnt keen due to lack of physical buttons, but i gave it another chance and i was hooked, can play any game with ease now on it.

But yeah all the 'every other iOS game is unplayable but my friends game is the best ever' is a joke.

To the dev - next time you really dont want to get your friend to post like this as for me personally it just puts me off your game full stop.

I'm an old skool gamer, been playing games since the 80's from rubber keyboards to small gameboy screens. Gaming on iOS works and its huge at the moment, for someone to basically slate all other games on iOS is a joke.