Universal Blade of Conquest (by Kevin Tien)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Findalflin

Findalflin Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Anymore impressions? I love mount and blade and that has peaked my interest!

2. vid_icarus

vid_icarus Member
    Patreon Gold

May 11, 2014
    Any tips for where to invest point as a beginner or is it just "do you want to be a knight, archer, or mage" type deal?

3. CptMurdock

CptMurdock Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I am enjoying this game off and on right now. I still have not built up an army capable of successfully taking another castle though. A single game is going to take a while to complete. So far though, I have been having lot of fun when I do play. Hopefully the game gains some more footing and some guides will begin to roll out. I am just randomly doing things right now and do not know how important certain options are over others at varying points of gameplay.

4. Coactum_here

Coactum_here New Member

Jan 21, 2017
    Pretty much - out of the four the least i've used is archer and holy. The warrior class has a really nice whirlwind attack that's good for breaking lines, and the mage spells in particular can wipe out the smaller armies before they're even in range of your melee troops if you hold ground. I'd suggest going mage first!

5. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    Been working on clearing out some enemies now... Has anybody noticed any differences when spending coins on towns and keeps? They do not seem to be growing for me. I am down to two other opponents on the map. Seems like it is best to hit them outside of keeps and let them come to you... Even then though, I am not sure if it will work on the next two groups as I can only have 6 heroes with me currently.

6. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    Once I began taking other players out, archer/holy combo on my main hero worked very well. I mainly focused up passive skills. Cleared the game with relative ease. In my next game I will try to focus on town and keep development to see what can be done there.

7. nhojuhc

nhojuhc Member

Nov 28, 2013
    I like the game, but I'm a little bit troubled by the opening theme music being a direct rip off of Lineage: The Blood Pledge. Is that allowed? I remember that song from one of the first MMORPGs ever.

8. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    Granting fiefs seems to give town management over to the AI if I am not mistaken. It can be nice when your kingdom begins to grow. You will lose weekly tax income when giving towns to your heroes though. It will get them to travel the land on their own. Just played with this option so figured I would report. Also managed to take down a merchant wagon (they are super strong). It gave me a bunch of goods which I sold for 27k gold. Not sure if a party could be formed strong enough to take them down without much loss. He killed one of my max level armies of 20. Not sure that the losses are worth the 27k gold obtained.

9. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #29 Son of Anarchy, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Like others I'm having a lot of fun with this while not completely understanding certain (many) things. Only getting by on my experience with HoMM.

Wish the tutorial explained a few more things in depth as I'd really like to have a serious run. At the moment every game consists of trying to learn a bit more before being wiped out and attempting to build my army back up in the most efficient way possible. Which is only difficult because I don't understand things fully.

Good game though and I hope the developer sticks with it because I think it could become something great. Or maybe it's already great and I'm just yet to realise it.

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Exactly the way I feel.
    I know there is a great game here and I would probably love it, but atm I don't know what the heck I'm doing. #

11. rangent

rangent Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Anyone know if the tutorial was updated?

12. Bootsy

Bootsy Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2015
    I have tried several runs through this game and I have no idea what I'm doing. It's just not very fun.