Universal Blade: Sword of Elysion (by Four Thirty Three)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Four Thirty Three, Sep 17, 2015.

1. taiga97

taiga97 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Is this US only? I wanted to try this, if it's in the Japanese App Store can someone link it cuz I haven't found it. It looks good though. I can't switch to my American iTunes account because I've got 25 yen left from when the dollar to yen rate was weird.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    According to the developer, the game is currently US and Canada only -- basically still in soft launch. The global launch is not scheduled yet.

BTW, I'm having a blast with this. I particularly appreciate the fact that, by including a block and counter-strike mechanic, the game requires actual skill -- it's not all about grinding for gear and stats. I also like the skill system. My only complaint is a common one for these types of games: I wish that the levels were longer and more involved. I understand that short levels are "ideal" for mobile, but it would be great if the game let you explore and find alternate paths. It would also make the rhythm feel less repetitive.

Otherwise, this is easily my favorite free-to-play action RPG right now.

3. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Wanted to try this out but my iPad is JB so I guess not.

4. kyoukusanagi

kyoukusanagi Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    problem is not the "minimal data" the problem is some of us only have wifi devices. or not able to connect to the internet ALL the time. case in point. whenever im in a building with crappy 3g connection. and on a long que or a long wait. i wanted to play a game. like say... this game.

but NO. the game say "#### you" no connection, no gameplay.

thats why i tend to avoid every single game that requires permanent internet connection. no matter how good they are. (except hearthstone...)

5. fearlesskk

fearlesskk Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Uhm first time launching theres a page a keep clicking ok but it sats UDW state 2 and on the page theres nothing showing up

6. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Thought this had potential, but a number turn offs from the start:
    1. Begins with an extended install/update/download that occurs outside of the AppStore and will,pause if your devise sleeps.
    2. The native aspect ratio is forced, causing the entire image to be squeezed to fit my iPad 3
    3. It's one of these games where the damage feedback is so frequent that it has little value, and so large that the gameplay becomes obscured by it.
    4. Ridiculous character options: outside of the warrior who,looks pretty cool, your options are just silly ... The Mage who looks more like a burlesque stripper with fans and langerie, or the "assassin", a cherub-like little girl (except she breasts and horns). Really?

I'm sure fans of anima and asian styled action RPGs can look past my gripes, but I simply don't have the patience.

7. Laced

Laced New Member

Sep 23, 2015
    #47 Laced, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    LOL I'm guessing you don't quite know what it means to be jailbroken. Am I right? There are plenty of games that prevent IAP from being stolen, without blocking jailbroken users for no reason. It's called server-side IAP validation. MOST every game now does. It's an almost sure-fire bet that this too, an online game that requires a lot of server-side processing to play, doesn't then do client-side only IAP.

This comment was clearly written by someone who has no idea what they are talking about. In the future, maybe it'd be a good idea to look into something before making utterly absurd assertions. Especially ones which are capped off with your own insults, yeah?

8. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Downloading now. I'm not the biggest fan of the whole anime art style, but I'll look over it. Wish there was a more badass looking assassin. I went with the warrior :D

9. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Is the game in "'maintaince" for anyone else?

10. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    I've been playing this for a while now and have to admit I'm really impressed by it. The free to play mechanics work well and I don't feel like the dev is shoving IAPs in my fave. Great job by the dev!!

11. Four Thirty Three

Four Thirty Three Well-Known Member

Global release and guild & siege modes

Hi everyone,

For US iOS users, the game has been updated with new guild and siege modes.
    The game is now available globally (excluding some Asian regions) and across both iOS and Android so that you can compete and combat with many global players.

12. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I completely agree on all points.

This online game hits my skill needed taste far more than any before. Though in all honesty, i never played all the "Wushu Bleach Pandas" for too long.

Playing and enjoying a sad story atm, Lost in Harmony, that's why i needed some trolls and other scum to beat up, lol. Be aware, after the initial download of MB 80, this game's additional resources take around 10-15 minutes and blows it up to GB 1.4!

My character is at level 20, and at stage 25, the game finally starts to get very challenging, especially due to the narrow hallways with little place to dodge. Blocking and counter attacks are important now and so are your gaming skills.
    This far, i never ran out of energy or money. I'll keep playing...

13. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Fun game, my only complaint so far is the fixed position analog stick :)

14. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Haven't been able to get past the loading screen (iPhone 6+) for a while now. Anyone else able to access and play this game? Although I don't think it takes up too much space, just trying to decide if I should just uninstall at this point if it's been abandoned (last updated 1/21)....

15. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    What were you thinking when you released this game?

Did you think the endless asset loading at the beginning was acceptable and not going to put people off from even starting the game?

Did you think that having the aspect ratio completely squashed on iPad devices looked professional?

Did you put any effort whatsoever into this release?!

It looks like you blew all of your budget on the trailer. I checked this out because I saw another good-looking trailer for Blade 2 on YouTube, but if this represents the quality of your releases then I don't think I'll bother.

It never ceases to amaze me how so much work seems to be put into games and then they fail spectacularly at the first hurdle. I couldn't wait to uninstall this and go back to Darkness Reborn.

16. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    What were you thinking when you wrote this comment?

17. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    I stand by the question 100%. The company that released this game on IOS cannot possibly have even booted it up on an iPad, otherwise they would have seen the glaringly obvious problems.

I'm incredulous that a company can put so much effort into creating a game, and the accompanying trailer, and then release such a sloppy port for IOS. So no, I don't think they put much effort into the release at all.

I hope this clarifies my statement for you.