Blades of Fury: Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by theone1007, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    too bad still no gameplay shown,looks like another guessing game from gameloft,guess a sketch,LOL,hahahahahaha

2. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Seems clearly like a Soulcalibur clone to me.

What's starting to really bugging me off is that Gameloft intends to clone every bit of console successes.

Here they just put Ivy versus evil Siegfried.

Damn, they got the money to hire a gamedesigner, why do they keep pasting gamedesigns ? It's not like it would be a pain in the ass to just think a minute about new looks here, or scenery ...

I do not support this at all.

3. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Then buy your game elsewhere, the rest of us are happy to have console quality games on our iphone. Did you know that the iphone is the envy of other mobile platforms because Gameloft seems to be allocating every resources into iphone development. Nokia users are salivating with every screenshot and shouting why is this only for the iphone!The nice thing about the iphone is small devs can also have their share of the market so buy your game from them, don't let gameloft hinder your enjoyment of those games

4. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I never said I would buy their games ;)

And furthermore, Gameloft is powerful now, they got money. It would be like if all the actual great VG companies (which started with not so original games too) just kept selling cheap versions of other successes.

With Gameloft actual potential, cloning is simply a waste of horsepower.

Concerning the fact that Nokia people keep crying that Gameloft do not produce these games for their platform, there is no relationship with what I said : Because if Gameloft was actually producing original concepts, it would be the same problem for Nokia users, if not worse.

But everybody got their own opinion, mine is only engaging myself.

5. jaikben

jaikben Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009

I like it gameloft delivers more than any one else on iphone, better a good clone that nothing at all

6. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #46 c0re, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
    Yes, that's very true.

But come on ... Gameloft is big enough now to fly with its own wings, isn't it ?

Anyway, I can't wait to see what is their vision of a fighting game ;)

7. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    #47 Squirt Reynolds, Sep 3, 2009
    I see your point, but how many original ideas for games do you think there are left?

The list of big titles on any platform are all essentially clones of some game before them. That applies to pretty much every genre, whether it's RPG, RTS, FPS/TPS, hack-and-slash, platformers, side-scrollers, and the list goes on and on.

I think my point applies even more to the iDevice platform. As much as we've seen games that literally could not exist without the touch screen interface, the platform is much more limited mainly due to the touch screen itself. Seriously, there are only so many control schemes you can have on the iDevice. Virtual controller (joystick and buttons), swipe/shape-drawing, or use of the accelerometer are pretty much your only options.

So I think devs have take all that into account when creating new games for this platform. And as I said before, truly original ideas are nearly impossible, considering it's pretty much all been done before.

Don't forget that at the end of the day, you're playing these games on a cell phone/mp3 player, so even if this is a Soulcaliber clone, that's still pretty impressive.

8. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009

I agree ;)

And I realize that from a user-only point of view, it's not that a big deal to have clones.

Sorry, mine was more of a gamemaker point of view.

One thing I have to admit is that Gameloft always produce fantastic graphics. So I'm expecting great ones on their first fighting game ^^

9. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Oh you're a dev? I guess I should have paid closer attention to your sig. :)

Although I stand by my point, I definitely see where you're coming from as someone who actually develops games.

Good luck with your game BTW.

10. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    To be fair, the entire Soul Caliber series is basically just a clone of previous fighting games, with swords added. It didn't really add anything new or original to the genre - and this is coming from someone who spent a lot of time with the original Soul Edge game and has fond memories of the whole experience.

If Gameloft wants to make a weaponry-based ring fighting game, it is kinda hard to accuse them of copying something that is essentially a tenth-generation Xerox itself.

11. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Thanks to you, good sir :)

12. twentyone

twentyone Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    #52 twentyone, Sep 3, 2009
    Screens: http://www.myapple.pl/iphone-news/114456-blades-fury-bijatyka-3d-wkrotce-na-iphone.html

Definately curious about this one. A fighting game ala Soul Caliber ...sweet!

...but the controls will make or break this game. Hopefully they will use a combo of taps/swiping which from the screens looks like what they have done as there are no buttons on the right and just an analog stick on the left. Looking forward to seeing some gameplay video.

13. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    i wonder how's the control,i hope they came up with very inuitive ideas,hahahaha

14. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    #54 Chapperz :D, Sep 3, 2009
    i think it translates to:
    Do you ever want other games on your iphone/ipod touch such Tekken or Soul Calibur? If so, we have good news for you. Gameloft announced the edition was Blades of Fury - the first extensive fighting in 3D on the iPhone.

Recent studies of the French title will offer:
    - 10 unique characters, each with their own weapons and fighting style,
    - 10 different arenas,
    - 4 game modes: Story, Arcade, Survival and Practice
    - Multiplayer mode via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
    - 2 ways of control.
    Courtesy Gameloft present below some screenshots and trailer promoting the game:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i changes small parts of the text so it made sense.
    looks cool.

15. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Cool. I've been wanting a Street Fighter like game on my iPod. Can't wait to see some videos on this one!

16. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    touch controls(samurai) would have been better for this kinda game.

17. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    will be something like mortal kombat ?

ohhh this sucks ...character will have skills ?

18. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Looks decent I don't know if I'll get it or not.

19. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Well, it looks like at least one of the control schemes involves swiping.

If it responds well, swiping is probably the only way to go in a 1-on-1 combat game on the iDevice.

20. 140000541

140000541 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    its a mix of blades of glory and balls of fury. a ping pong skating game. how cool would that be?