Universal Bladeslinger - (by Kerosene)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 29, 2012.

1. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    How do I use combos? From my understanding it's alternating between shoot (tap) and blade (slash) but there seems to be a huge lag after shooting before I can slash.

2. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I bought the game, been playing for a while and first of all the graphics do look amazing, its up there with the best looking games on ios. I didnt find the controls that akward And found the moving controls specially intuitive.

Having said that I do feel the game is a little too balanced to encourage iap purchasing. I havent unlocked the healing so at least at the beginning trying to rely on potions with scarce gold drops and at the same time getting accustomed to the less than usual controls juggling a couple of baddies gets frustrating and overwhelming at times.

Its a game with great potential and I appreciate the effort poured into making it a true touch screen experience but maybe a little balancing wouldnt harm a bit.

3. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I just finished level 3 (took almost an hour to finish) and I haven't purchased any IAP. It's become clear to me though, that Second Wind and Regeneration are absolutely essential. At least they are when I play. Even with them, I still need potions from time to time. Consequentially, I save basically no gold, because I need it all just to barely survive. I've unlocked a ton of stuff that I really can't try out because I need the gold for Second Wind, Regeneration, and potions.

4. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    You should get regeneration by the end of the second chapter by saving up the green pieces. Then you can use it unlimitedly, so no more golds spent buying that and the potions.

Its baffling that something as simple as this either makes or breaks the game experience in Bladeslinger.

5. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'm stuck in chapter 5 after getting the first shard. Where should I go next?

6. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Go to the end of the town towards the gate - click on the orange circle and it will take you to the mines.

PS: I think there can be confusion here because I spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure out where the shards were. It says "look for the 5 shards in the town"....town made me think in the place where the buildings were...not going to the mines.

7. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Yeah I went into the mines, spent the last 30 minutes wandering in there aimlessly and not finding anything except 2 mobs in 1 area. Am I supposed to get all the shards in there?

8. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I think (not 100% sure) 1 shard in town, 3 more in mines, and another at the other end of town after the mines. The progressions is fairly linear because the wrong entrances are blocked in the mines. Just go all the way and you'll eventually get all shards.

TIP: In the final mob battle, just kill the boss. Disregard the minions. You'll get a direct win.

9. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Maybe it's another bug because I can re-access every area inside the mine ;_; I'll restart the chapter and try again.

10. mattbenic

mattbenic Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Game Developer
    Joburg, South Africa
    Hi TicTac,
    This is the second mention we've seen of this issue (the first being on a feedback mail) but we haven't been able to reproduce it. If you haven't yet restarted the chapter, please send us the save with the envelope/feedback button in the Main Menu or Settings screen. Also please mention what happened, that you're the same person from TA forums, anything to stand out from the droves of people that manage to send through empty/template mails ;).

11. brett477

brett477 Member

May 8, 2012
    I have the same problem on my iPad. Trying to get to the same point on my iPhone to see if that changes anything.

From what Iv noticed when I hit the orange circle on the mine door it loads twice and I end up still in town. This happens to me every time I re start the chapter.

Then I thought maybe its because I'm running IOS 5 on iPad so I'm currently updating that too

12. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    After getting infinite regeneration the game becomes a breeze and really enjoyable . Anyway great game , like a mini DMC/Ninja Gaiden with touch controls . Fantastic on ipad, though i can't see how this can work on a small screen .

13. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #533 TicTac, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    The loading twice thing happened to me as well. First time I select the orange circle I'm still in town, only the second time I select it was I able to get into the mine, which would have the bug I described (can't find any monsters in the mine.) Incidentally I'm also on iOS 5.0.1/ iPhone 4.

@mattbenic Unfortunately I had already restarted the chapter by the time I read your post and the bug disappeared.

14. brett477

brett477 Member

May 8, 2012
    Still have the same problem with IOS 6 on iPad... Spewing, I was looking forward to the harder modes

15. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Why is TA's review still not in yet? I betcha somewhere in the 1000 odd words, you'd find the phrase "tech demo" :D

16. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
  17. Chippit

Chippit New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Game Developer
    South Africa
    I'm really sorry you were affected, this is a really rare issue that took us quite some time to track down. It turns out this issue is caused by restarting chapter 4 (and possibly other later chapters) under very specific circumstances. Your comments in this thread have actually been instrumental in helping us track down the bug, particularly when you mentioned that the Mines door double-loaded you straight back into town. Your patience with this issue means a lot to us.

The bad news is, as you've discovered, restarting Chapter 5 unfortunately does not fix your problem. Indeed, your Mines checkpoint state is compromised, and, I regret to say, nothing short of restarting all the way from Chapter 3 will fix it in the current version of the game.

The good news is that we've pulled a few late nights here and we've managed to squeeze a fix for this issue into our upcoming update. The update will retroactively repair your game, so a restart from Chapter 5 (meaning you'll need to redo one fight) should allow you to continue normally, if all goes well. Barring any showstoppers, the update will be live very soon, definitely before Christmas.

Until then, I can only recommend to all players that you please do not restart the game during Chapter 4 until our next update, as it'll very likely cause issues for you down the line.

Thanks again to everyone for your patience and feedback. You're all helping us make Bladeslinger a better game.

18. brett477

brett477 Member

May 8, 2012
    Thanks heaps, will keep that in mind. Iv been playing on the iPhone now anyhow so it's not affecting me too much. Keep up the good work

19. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Finally beat the game on Plagued. Spent 20k gold on chapter 5, completed with 5 minutes left. Extremely fun game that I'll keep on my phone where I'll play from time to time.

For some reason the scores for chapter 6 is always not counted, under the help icon - > Episode 1 -> only scores for chapter 1 - 5 are viewable.

The in-game leaderboards are not always accessible for some reason. There is no button to click to view them.

20. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    I used a combination of Impale/Viper Oil/Large Spirit potion to finish Chap 5 in Plagued. It's a bit unbalanced though in my opinion as one is forced to spend gold on those potions. In contrast, Chap 6 is more balanced as one can win it without using any potion (took my 20 mins with just blade/gun/second wind).

I'm not aware there is even an in-game leaderboard, never seen one.