Universal Bladeslinger - (by Kerosene)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    So will this be free, initially, when it launches internationally? Or should I make a Canadian account for it?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I made a canadian account for this. should be worth it.

EDIT: I have a canadian account. I was thinkin about NZ account which i dont have :D

3. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    Good feedback! A few tips:

1) when you roll / dodge, you can't be hurt by an attack, so this is definitely still a very useful technique indoors, even if you don't exactly know what direction you're rolling.

2) when you block, you block in all directions (including from behind), so if you see an enemy indicator turn red, simply block and wait for the attack to come, then counter it.

3) use the techniques! basic combat moves can get you through anything, but using the techniques is not only powerful in a battle, it's really fun. try them out :)

Why is the camera close? A few things... we really wanted the action to feel close, and when you were swiping on enemies to attack them, that it felt like you were slashing at them with your finger, not swiping on top of them (as a more pulled-back camera would feel). We also didn't want the player to lose the visual detail in the world.

Again, there's a skill curve here, but with practice you'll feel like a ninja. And that's fun :)

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

4. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    Awesome!! Glad you're liking it!

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

5. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    Bladeslinger is free for this limited release only. We haven't announced any pricing for it's global launch, but our goal is as close to $0 as possible.

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

6. Hero211

Hero211 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Please make the lips move in the cut scenes an gameplay scenes when the character is talking at least it makes the game same cheap ! Other wise amazing game!

7. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Right, I don't mind paying a dollar or a few dollars for your game, so i'll just wait for the international release. Just that I'd regret it if it ended up costing 5-10 dollars :) (being a poor student and all ;))

8. antarus

antarus Member

Feb 16, 2012
    What about the history?, the game has an in-depth history?, cutscenes, ect? or is just fight after fight......

9. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Please fix the images on your help screen as the text doesn't match the images a lot of times, which confuses the users.
    And pretty please make it more obvious to find as I was looking around in the in game menu for a movelist for ten minutes, pressing allobvious possibilities several times. As it is now, it's way too hidden. Better put it as an icon in that ingame- menu.

To the guy wondering if pressing the arm in the menu crashes the game:
    No, it runs fine on my iPad 2

10. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    Thanks, Mag. I think the wait will be worth it. And I think you'll be happy about the price :)

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

11. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    There's a deep and layered story behind the game, yes. Part of the joy of playing through the game is discovering what happened and what's coming next.

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

12. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    Thanks for the feedback. Would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing? Please email to bladeslinger AT kerosenegames DOT com.

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

13. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    To the dev: I know ipod touch 4 is not supported, but the game runs well on it ( sometimes there are framerate drops, but not like a slideshow), so I wanted to say again ( reading that other people doesn't have this problem) that when I tap the arm icon in the menu, the game crashes. Tried with wifi off, and reeboting the device. Still crashes.

14. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    Hi _syd, unfortunately your device is running out of memory, that's the issue and why we're not supporting it at this time. We're only supporting devices 512MB+ right now.

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

15. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Mail with pics has been send just now

16. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    Yes, I know, my device is old XD
    But I don't understand why all in the game works fine except that button. There should be a solution!

17. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#57 killercow, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    I'm near the end of chapter two and I can say that it's one of the most beautiful game on the platform. It runs flawlessly on the new (aka old) ipad and the textures are really full of details especially on the main character.

The controls are quite original and do take a lot of time to get used to but i still feel like, especially outisde of combat, a virtual joystick would fare better. Now i know that Kerosene despises them but it can be implemented without ever seeing anything on screen, because the way it works right now makes it very clunky and weird, especially in thight spots and when you need to take a sharp turn.

In terms of story, i've already said that Lip-Sync would be better but I understand why this is not implemented. Can't comment on the story or IAP yet.

My fear is that the game is divided between story and combat without ever breaking from it in terms of variety. I hope there's a bit more to it than that later on or the game might become a tedious like horn became a bit "too much of the same" in its second part in my opinion.

Bottom line: Solid, jawdropping visually and highly polished but might be taken down by a lack of variety.

18. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    When you press that button, you're asking the game to load a bunch of assets that exceeds the available memory on your device. We're actually pretty surprised you were able to play that much of the game at all :)

As for the old device, it's not a bad one, our game is just awfully demanding on hardware. If you're thinking about getting something new, stay tuned. We may be doing a hardware giveaway around our global launch :)

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

19. kameboy

kameboy Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Whaaaaaaaaat??

Free!?:eek:

20. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    Oh, Now I understand, thx for the clarification. Well, I will play the game until I obligatory need to hit that damn button lol. Hope I don't need it : D
    May I ask my last question? When I saw the trailer of your game, it said "running on current-gen devices" . I don't know when it was released, but I think it was still 2011, so no Ipad 3 or Iphone 4s yet; Did you change something that made it "unplayable" on ipod 4g?