Bladeslinger

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Sep 28, 2011.

1. professorzu

professorzu Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Making games you will remember @kerosenegames
    SF
    Everyone that has played it so far loves the controls. Curious to know what other control schemes do you invision though? Examples?

2. professorzu

professorzu Member

Jul 3, 2012
    SF
    Definitely. They might make it into launch but most likely v1.1. What additional weapons did you have in mind?

3. valdeto

valdeto Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Weapons such as these in Gameloft's game Six-Guns - different pistols, shotguns etc. See this link: http://sixguns.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons
    As I see from your post in v1.0 we can use only the pistol with knife and after v1.1 release we can use another weapons?

4. professorzu

professorzu Member

Jul 3, 2012
    SF
    Gotcha. Ours will look a little better than those :D

But yes heavier, more damage weapons will be in the mix after v1.

5. valdeto

valdeto Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    OK. When we can expect the game, maybe the end of summer(august, september)?

6. professorzu

professorzu Member

Jul 3, 2012
    SF
    #106 professorzu, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
    Yes, end of summer is the best timeframe I can give right now. It is very close...excited to get it in some Touch Arcade users hands!

7. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    i'm really looking forward dont know why but i love the art desing but yes like megasiech said a virtual pad and some action buttons to use the sword, another to use the gun but anyway still the tap to go there and here and slide attacks are going to change my desire for this one

8. professorzu

professorzu Member

Jul 3, 2012
    SF
    They way the attack and combo system are built, on-screen buttons just don't work. Like I mentioned before, the controls are great...you won't be disappointed.

9. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    I won't mind too much if it is, but I hope it's not like infinity blade controls where you tap and watch them walk, I just think that gets very boring and repetitive very quickly. Also, will it be able to run on my iPad 1 in the first place??

10. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    actually in the gameplay video a few post back it looks like is free roaming only just tapping but you do actually control the movement

11. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Oh yes, looks very different to anything I've seen actually, interested to see what it's like to play.:)

12. MungeParty

MungeParty Member

Mar 24, 2011
    We've experimented with a lot of different control schemes. At one point you could either tap anywhere to autorun and pathfind to that spot, or pres and hold to run in that direction. Turning around was a bit cumbersome sometimes and it had more of a dungeon crawler gauntlet feel rather than the classic action game feel we were hoping for so we scrapped that and went with a v-pad style of control where you slide in the direction you want to run and the camera just follows. It's essentially an unhinged dynamic v-stick (just not drawn on-screen) with some subtle modifications to make it feel smooth. You have full control over your movement both in and out of combat, including run and dodge.

As for combat controls, once you get it in your hands and figure out all the different combat abilities, I think it will make perfect sense why we went with this style of input. It feels pretty good to me (and we're not covering the screen with a bunch of virtual buttons, which is a plus), but I'm interested to hear what people thing once they get a chance to play it.

13. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    #113 Ausar, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
    Now this sounds great so the movement would be something similar to dead space on ios? but then again you right about have a bounch of virtual buttons would on the screen it wouldn't look nice

Edit: one more thing does the ios like iphone 4s, ipad 3 and 2 will have all the effects like the tegra?

14. himmatsj

himmatsj Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I signed up via Twitter a couple of weeks back already, but I'm just curious as to when can we expect the game to land in our hands?

Edit: I refer to the beta.

15. megasiech

megasiech Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    a plus is when you covering the screen not with the fingers..( tap here tap there )..if you made it like dead space... it will be fine

16. refurb82

refurb82 Active Member

May 7, 2012
    I've been pumped for this game for... i dunno... half a year now... check regularly to see if anything is imminent. Cannot wait for it! Looks great guys!

17. professorzu

professorzu Member

Jul 3, 2012
    SF
    Thanks! We can see the light at the end of tunnel. Will update this thread as soon as we know.

18. professorzu

professorzu Member

Jul 3, 2012
    SF
    Which effects are you referring to?

19. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    well i was saying is the tegra version will have special exclusive effects like others games and if those will be included in the a5 or a5x, or does the game is the same in all platforms?

20. Dante.everplay

Dante.everplay Active Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I am a Producer and promoter at Everplay Interact
    Awesome I can't wait to play this game. This just rocked my mind.