Blah blah blah GTA San Andreas

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kingofkings8183, Dec 22, 2013.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    No. A stable 30 is considered the bare minimum acceptable framerate.

2. HeliPilot

HeliPilot Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    #22 HeliPilot, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
    Actually, I worded my post wrong. Should have said anything past 24 FPS is negligible.

3. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

It all depends on the game. Racing games, with the scenery going past you at the sides of the screen, you can most definitely tell a big difference between 30 and 60 or over. I used to do sim racing on my PC and sometimes I can get over 120 FPS on some of the simpler "home made" tracks we used to run on - and I can assure you that you can tell the difference. It's BLISTERING smooth at 120 and you can feel micro-bumps that are simply blended out at lower frame rates.

4. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    This so many orders of magnitude beyond wrong that I wouldn't even know where to begin. You have clearly never played serious FPS gaming on a PC with a mouse and keyboard. Maybe watch some videos of someone like Fatal1ty making 1ms 180 degree snapshots with a rail gun and averaging 95% accuracy in a game where $250k is on the line...

"anything past 24 FPS is negligible" ............ Oh... My...

5. HeliPilot

Feb 28, 2011
    Nope never played anything more then a Nintendo game boy. Never competed in online rFactor and NR2K3 racing leagues, or played COD. Didn't build an $8k 32 core, nVidia 3d gaming rig either.

This is a MOBILE RELEASE. Expecting 120 FPS is ludacrous. And thinking that anything above 25 FPS on an LCD screen pushing 60hz is truely noticable is just plain silly.

6. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Between 25 and 60 fps, even on a mobile device, there's still a huge difference. Now between 60 and 120fps it's getting harder to tell (on any screen) but anything below 60fps is noticeable.

7. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    We still complaining about specs in this thread?

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Lol these people should be happy try have San Andreas ios instead if complaining about specs.

9. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Indeed. Standard movie FPS is 24 and has been for almost a century. When the first Hobbit movie premiered in 60 there was a huge controversy on whether it looked good or too "fake". So the average person, even non-gamer, can definitely notice the difference.

I don't play games competitively but I sure do appreciate one running at 60fps. Motion and animations look so much smoother and realistic.

10. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The Hobbit runs in HFR (High Frame Rate) but it's 48 fps not 60 ;)

11. EatMyDst

EatMyDst Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Well there's your problem right there. You played COD. No but seriously, it's in fact silly to believe frame rate can ever not matter. Even on a teeny screen.

12. HeliPilot

Feb 28, 2011
    Never said it didn't matter. Meant to say that a smooth 25 FPS is more then acceptable to play on a phone.

13. themostunclean

Jun 13, 2012
    Sorry, got it mixed up with high frame rate games.

My opinion- high rate great for games, sucky for video.

14. themostunclean

Jun 13, 2012
    Frame rate isn't like resolution. It makes a huge difference no matter the screen size.

15. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    My butt does 60 fps

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    lol

Yes, that is all.

17. Foghorn Irrascible

Foghorn Irrascible Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Who are WD?

So, the controls for this are a nightmare huh? Kind of knew that would be the case. I've yet to try a GTA port on iOS that wasn't a hateful reminder of why it's a complete waste of time trying to cram console controls onto a touchscreen. That's why I got my Vita for Christmas, I have spent the last 4 years trying, so hard, to enjoy iOS gaming but with so many of the big, deep, promising games fall back on virtual sticks. I instantly write-off anything with virtual sticks now. It simply cannot be done with anything like the reliability and responsiveness most games that use them demand.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    WD are War Drum Studios, and heh...you're taking Sidgoku's post seriously? The dude finds faults with any and everything under the sun. The controls have been perfected since Vice City port. Also, the game has controller support, so if touchscreen controls aren't your thing...there's always that.

19. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Agree to an extent. But I was getting frustrated with the controls and ended up getting a Moga Ace Power thingy for Xmas (really just to see what it was about and be at the bleeding edge as I like to be :p) and oh boy it totally transforms the game back to what it should be. The pluses even overcome having to play on the smaller screen (was playing on Air before).

Having said that if you can overcome learning to deal with the on screen controls it's not so bad. They need to fix the multitouch recognition though (sticks think you let go if you tap with the other hand etc).

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The problem with you is you do make problems out of things nobody cares about and you blame it on poor optimization and whatnot. I don't know what Android device you're playing this on, but it runs buttery smooth on my Note 3 with pretty much everything turned up to 11. Either get a new device or stop playing games that run like shit on yours, because seriously; ever since you joined us over a year ago, the only thing I can recall about you is other people complaining about you derailing threads with non-stop optimization bullshit and ruining threads for others.