Blimp - The Flying Adventures by craneballs. First gameplay video. HD!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by craneballs, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetroGnome217

MetroGnome217 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    It says that the file is corrupted :(

2. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Id love to beta test if possible.

3. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

did anyone have any luck to actually tried the latest beta?
    We are having some troubles with server. let us know. Thanks

4. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    #44 dannys95, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
    I just finished downloading it. Let me try to install it.

EDIT: Installed fine, had to delete old beta though.

5. craneballs

You weren't included into betatesting.PM me ur device ID.

6. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Syncing right now, will update in a few minutes.

7. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    Working fine here, I'm at the main menu, just about to play. I'll update if anything goes wrong. Thanks again!

8. greenro89

greenro89 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Minnesota
    First Impressions: Beta Test

Overall, I am loving the game. The graphics are wonderful, very colorful and detailed. I like the music too just because it's nothing too crazy and wild, but enough to tense you up about whether you are going to make it through the level without dieing or running out of time.

The tutorial was enough information to learn how to play and is not over done with info like some are. Nice touch with the spinning map, I like that! ;) I am glad that the levels do start out easy enough and from what I've seen they don't progress so much that it becomes too difficult after the first few levels.

Controls are excellent, though it takes a bit of touch and finesse at times. I am so used to games that have you button mashing, but this isn't one of them. I like that, because it gives you a new gaming experience. I myself use the hot air a little bit too much and usually go flying into a wall or straight into the enemy! The game is relatively relaxing but tense at the same time. I think you guys have found the perfect balance between the two. I am very impressed and am excited to play the whole game upon release! Keep up the great work guys!

9. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    Working fine so far, just had a question. When the final version is released, will we NEED a facebook account in order to submit/view global high scores. I know FB is a popular place, but I see it more as a plague.

And just in case some of you may have missed it, you can scroll the globe during level select (took me a min to figure that out).

10. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    my finger's already hovering over the BUY button in anticipation. no lite needed here me thinks :)

11. craneballs

Yes you need a facebook account in order to post high score, althou you don't need it to just see global score. You must understand it's because we needed to sync your playing with an account on the internet. We chose facebook.It's much better than creating our own login system.

12. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
  13. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    This game is INCREDIBLE.

It's so smooth, and, well, just very enjoyable I guess. The graphics, gameplay, and sound are all fantastic.

My only recommendation is that you make the sound a bit louder. Right now, playing without headphones and with the volume as high as possible, it's a bit quiet still.

But other then that, this game is pretty close to perfect.

14. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    I don't know much about the technicalities of global scores, but how come some games don't require a log in at all? They just get posted to the in-game global leaderboards.

15. craneballs

Well, thats the thing. Other games have only immediate score, but here you can play any level again and again to get the best score out of it and then submit. So thanks to your facebook account we know what score to update.

Do you have FB account?

16. craneballs

I don't think twitter will be any good in Blimp. It's just for challenge games like Topple or WordFu.
    BTW have you tried the latest beta? New level added, what you think? :)

17. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    As I said in an earlier post, I think FB is an internet plague. The reason I mentioned anything is because not everyone has a FB account and they may not want to make one. I do like global leaderboards, so I guess I could just make a dummy account.

18. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    With you all the way. Then again, if people like the game enough to create a gaming dummy account... I probably would. I mean will!

PS: please as per previous post from Burton, check overall sound level and balance between sound effects and soundtrack (Love the soundtrack from video!). Just played a game where the soundtrack is hardly audible, and the sound effects so loud they become irritating, but sound effects should not be drowned either...

19. jack000

jack000 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    a new build?:eek:
    could only find the link you posted yesterday and it seems this one hasn't changed..

20. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Not sure if the scoring / difficulty was changed for the second build, but whoa.. your scores are pretty high. I think maybe I spent too much time flying around, so my time scores are all pretty low. Hmmm... Not sure if the weights between the different kinds of scores are correct here. If I spend more time in order to find all the diamonds, is it worth it if my time score reduces by too much? I will need to play more to figure out how the balance works.

My scores are:
    **Tutorial
    Time 6500
    Damage 8000
    Diamonds 2500
    Enemies 2000
    Total 19000

**Noraa (1 try)
    Time 2600
    Damage 8000
    Diamonds 5000
    Enemies 0
    Total 15600

**So-Err (1 try)
    Time 1700
    Damage 3800
    Diamonds 10000
    Enemies 0
    Total 15500

**Uiff (1 try)
    Time 2000
    Damage 6800
    Diamonds 10000
    Enemies 0
    Total 18800

**Irg (1 try)
    Time 100 (I had like 1 second left or something lol)
    Damage 100 (I was also dying lol)
    Diamonds 10000
    Enemies 6000
    Total 16200

I havent tried the 3 other levels.