Blimp - The Flying Adventures by craneballs. First gameplay video. HD!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by craneballs, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    I know you have many and the game is around the way, but would also love to beta test after seeing the brilliant footage. Of course, I would much rather the testing be done so I can buy it. Looks bloody amazing.:eek:

2. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I'm at my fourth attempt at Maos. Its at this level that I finally realize you need some kind of strategy to pass a level: which enemies to get out of the way first, which order to attempt the objectives. I think this adds an interesting depth to the game.

Maybe I'll make it out alive on my 6th attempt :p

**Uhuruu (1 try)
    Time 1100
    Damage 1500
    Diamonds 10000
    Enemies 6000
    Total 18600

**Zcistan (5 tries: for some reason I keep bumping into things and dying)
    Time 2000
    Damage 2500
    Diamonds 10000
    Enemies 1000
    Total 15500

3. shkudt

shkudt Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Moscow
    OMG :eek: I can't belive how good is this game. I'm highly disappointed by this limited beta build.. why? I want more! Want to play Blimp more and more! Awesome graphics, awesome sounds (yes, i'm using headphones :)), superiour presentation. Now I can't wait till a final release. 2,99$ - great price for this must have game.

Will post my scores later, going to play first 3 levels one more time now, love them

4. R.Antonelli

R.Antonelli Member

May 25, 2009
    First Impressions

Overall, the game is very well executed. The controls are extremely comfortable and you don't get that constant "thumb pain" that we typical iphone/touch gamers have been forced to deal with. The visuals are incredible... i mean like they are oddly amazing. They captivate (if i had to choose a word to describe the feeling). The music is excellent, i love the original soundtrack, however I feel that the volume for the game overall good use a ramp up. Its pretty low. If it is literally "Made for Headphones" thats cool, however not everyone plays with headphones (i never do). As a player, I know I would rather have the volume at a Comfortable (louder) level than to have it too low. I almost have to tilt my head sideways to hear the ambiances. Anyway I won't harp, other notes... This is just an opinion but I feel that on the Comic Screens before each level, the "Word Bubble" which essentially isn't even a bubble, more like a black box, should be made to look more like a bubble. Not necessarily a "Word bubble" but obviously a frame that fits the theme for the game or each level. Black just is way too plain. I also feel that the graphics for the list of things we have to accomplish (i.e. 5x Workers 4x Boxes) are very 1989 retro graphics. I just feel that for the amount of time you put into the gorgeous landscapes that the simple stuff is too simple. Anyway I just feel that the graphics for these particular things should be much better and more "Today" rather than "Back then." Another thing I noticed (however maybe its because the volume is low and I'm playing without headphones) but I noticed that the Blimp has no sound when flying... Interesting since this is the central unit to the game... I think that there should be some noise involved when moving the blimp anywhere. When it crashes, maybe when it softly lands. Experiment, I'm sure you guys can get a good match up. I just think that those things should have sounds to help the players truly feel like everything they are doing is being effected and has an impact... and more sounds here would do that. If i'm mistaken on any of these points just yell 'em back. Thanks for reading!

5. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

Thanks for your time to share your thoughts.

About sounds, we decided not to bother player with too much sounds. In most games it's just pain to listen again and again to the same sounds. And in Blimp the main thing is definitely music. But we will consider that and try to upgrade sounds in update! (BTW there is a sound when u land and even when a client enters your blimp)

Have you tried to change sounds and music volume in options?

6. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Just a little bug that I found. One time when I loaded up the game, the tilt control wasn't working.

But when I reopened that app, they worked.

7. craneballs

#67 craneballs, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
    That is strange isn't it. Does it happen to anybody else? What device do you have and OS version? Also JB? Thanks. We didn't figure out why it happens sometimes.

8. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    happened to me but only once and it was right after I installed the beta.

I just restarted (ehich I should have done anyways) and it has been fine ever since.

Fw 2.2.1
    Device Iphone 1st Gen

9. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    It happened to me too but it's an Apple O.S problem. Basically if you're device is on a flat surface it will happen. That's because the current O.S turns the accelerometer off.

10. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    flat as in laying on it's face or back?

or flat as in any direction as long as there isn't movement?

Mine was on a mini stand I rigged up to view movies. so it was still while loading but on it's side and at an angle

11. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    I think since it was on a stand that might be the problem :confused:

12. jack000

jack000 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    happened to mee too, so far only once.
    no jailbreak, v.2.1.1
    iphone 3G

review follows, due to the fact that i changed my device i wasn't able to play all levels so i'll have to wait for the next build..

13. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Dam it I want more levels!! Craneballs : Can we talk? ;):D

14. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    seriously, I'm playing the same levels over and over. I'm going to be a master on release... but only on these levels, haha

15. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Pre-Review

OK so I decided to write a small review of the beta. It's not 100% complete since I haven't played all levels but should give people an idea.

The story (as the game says) is that you are Captain Zed Pelin. You were in a war once, and you came out of it as Captain Zed Pelin. That is just the beginning of the story. You join a air transport company, and fight the enemies.

[​IMG]

The key-point of the game is it's polished. The devs obviously have spent time polishing this game. The visuals are stunning, and all match up well with the music and sound effects. There are 5 worlds I believe, for a total of 20 levels (though the beta has 7 :().

In most levels you are transporting workers and people from one place to the other. In later levels you still do this but are fighting with the enemy. And in some other levels you must fight the enemy.

[​IMG]

Thoughout the levels you must collect power-ups to improve your health and get more bombs to drop!!

Overall I think Blimp - The Flying Adventures is a great game with a lot of polish. Can't wait for it to come out so I can play all levels. :p

Oh and one more screenie:

[​IMG]

Anyways, just a short little review for the beta.

16. craneballs

Thanks everybody for great feedback! I just wanted to say that Blimp was submitted to Apple and should be available around 5th June.

Also it's going to cost only 0.99$ for first day or two. So make sure you grab it :)

We'll post it here on forum when it's out, or follow us on twitter.

17. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Congrats, it looks the dogs danglers and I wish you a long time at the top of the appstore 100 list. (sounds more useful than just wishing you good luck)

Play you soon!

18. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
  19. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Woohooooo... thats tomorrow!!
    Can't wait!! Awesome game for 99 cents. I tested some of the levels, cant wait to play more :D

20. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

As far as the accelerometer issue. I've had that happen about 3 times in my limited playing of this game. I just quite the game and restarted and it was fine. I've never had this issue with any other accelerometer game. Can't nail down what exactly causes it though.