Universal Block Clans - GTA/Minecraft like

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by undeadcow, Oct 26, 2013.

1. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Same here, daughter would like survival craft now that her money is back but is it worth getting as she already has full version of minecraft?

I know the refund issue has caused a few to complain, I'd like to take the chance to say that I don't expect every app to work on my mini or iPad2 but having shop bought them both brnd new in June this year and paying just under £1000 for them both I don't expect to have to upgrade four months later, I don't have that kind if disposable income what with being an adult and having bills to pay and children to feed, not having mammy and daddy buy them for me. The fact that people are still using the older devices leaves me hopeful that my devices will last a good few years. Sure the new big games may not work over time but there is plenty that will.

I've never said the devs suck or even anything insulting against them, I wish the dev luck and hope the game gets up and running and those of you that have the latest devices enjoy the game.

2. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    A little of topic here but yes, survival craft is the game to get. For 4 dollars, it's pretty awesome. Texture packs, downloadable worlds, infinite worlds, animals to ride on, caves to explore, boats to build, islands to find, traps to make and bears to hunt. Then there's farming, powering your house and so on.

3. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Totally agree with this recommendation. Survivalcraft IS the best Minecraft-like game on iOS. I love all the electronic circuit stuff you can do in the game. With it I was able to build a lighthouse and put all the lights on a timer circuit so it would simulate the light moving in a circle. Like Minecraft PE too, it's never had a sale... so there's really no reason to wait if you want to get the game.

I'm mildly hopeful Block Clans can eventually end up with version that runs without crashing so much and so on. I love exploration and stuff for games like GTA & Minecraft as much as all the other stuff you can do. So getting a big city to explore would be sweet.

4. chriscambell

chriscambell Member

Feb 12, 2013
    Wow. So GTA Vice City runs great on the 4s but this doesn't? Must be the advanced graphics...

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Thanks for the tips, purchased four hours ago and not heard a word from daughter since lol.

6. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    Whether you've played it or just seen the game vids/reviews, what would you all like to see different/changed/added/removed? I'm trying to wait patiently for an update :O

7. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I first need to see folks that have bought the game to get it running for more than a few seconds. But gameplay wise, I mainly just like exploration. So an underground sewer system if there's not one already would be sweet. Just tons of little things to explore.

8. maigame

maigame Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Thank you for feedback. We are working on a fix so that all devices work. So that we can continue work on all the cool things we have planned.

9. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    How about, plan first and then you release a game. Lol.

10. Though he could've said it much more respectful than he did, he is correct.

Games should usually take around 2 years to develop. It seems like you definitely jumped the gun and released it prematurely.

I know nothing about developing games yet, but I definitely would've put in some more polish before I released it, and at the very least give it another 6 months before release.

11. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    I am sorry that I can't show any respect to people who steal my money

12. You didn't buy it, so what is the problem? The point is, what you said could've been more respectful, regardless if this game is a "rip-off" or not.

13. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I realize you said you know nothing about developing games, but there's no 2 year magic number. It takes as long as it takes. Some folks can throw a game together in a day, some weeks, some months, others a year or more. It all depends on the complexity of the game design and the competency and dedication of the developer (weather a team or just one person). And yeah there are devs that churn out pretty good games in a week. Here's and example: http://jayenkai.socoder.net/

The main thing IMO is whatever the game is, you gotta test it across the spectrum of hardware you claim it supports. I'm saying "you" but I mean the developer. If it has an online functionality then it needs stress tested at least a little. Having the launch of a game be its beta testing phase is a good way to build a very bad reputation. First impressions mean a great deal to building a dedicated fanbase that will help spread the word about it. Anything that releases completely nonfunctional for most of the purchasers looks like yet another minecraft/GTA ripoff, which no one here (I think) wants.

14. pauldavidmerritt

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    East Rutherford NJ
    #74 pauldavidmerritt, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    First off, stop that ^

Second, i looked at the other game maigame released. I noticed this dev has shown support and followthrough with updates for this other title, particularly focusing on the fixes/improvements stemming from client-based suggestions. I want to support that kind of work.

Bunches of work needs to be done with Block Clans, and I am rooting for maigame's development to really shine with this one.

15. ooooh

ooooh Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    UK
    This game is ###

16. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    As others have said, this game has TONS of potential, but all I see from the video is someone's Minecraft city with a person running around and shooting. I'm sure that could probably be done on Minecraft itself. If you made it like an actual GTA/SR game with a decent story, vehicles, different gameplay, then it could be a great game. I would love to walk around exploring a big, blocky city in my blocky car, boat, or whatever. Throw in the ability to add on to the city like the ability to build your own buildings or whatever, and you have a hit. I'll keep this on my watch list.

17. pauldavidmerritt

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    East Rutherford NJ
    #77 pauldavidmerritt, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    I purchased this game because it seems to me like a good investment. I see this game going somewhere.

I like all your suggestions. It would be awesome to be able to roam around in a mostly peaceful city and decide when you want to complete missions, cause a ruckus or simply explore--find things. Wars between different clans would be fun; also, missions you complete effects which clans are comrad/enemy/neutral.

18. This game needs to be reduced in size.

19. maigame

maigame Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    We finally found the way to fix the issues on A5 chip devices. We planned update very soon .

We would like also to remind you that there is SALE on $0.99, so all of you who have iPhone 5 and later , download the game.

20. pauldavidmerritt

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    East Rutherford NJ
    #80 pauldavidmerritt, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    So where are we with device support? I've got iPhone 4, you've mentioned A5 fixes and iPhone 5 and later.... Any other news for us on performance/crash issues across other devices as well?