Block Fortress WAR [Foursaken Media] - MOBA + huge armies + Block Fortress

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Well, I don't personally think 12 is "only" - that's more heroes than either Bug Heroes or Heroes and Castles :p. Besides, in Block Fortress war your units and blocks are just as important as your hero - there is an entire racial identity for each race. Each team's armies have ~20 completely different equipment types you can customize them with. Not to mention each team has their own set of building blocks, unique to that race.

There will be up to 2v2 versus. Each player controls 1 hero.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    1 hero each? Haha

Also you've been saying Dec-Jan for Bug Heroes 2, when should we expect this?

3. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Will there be co-op ?

4. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    #24 GR3NADE, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    Ok, I'll wait for the buildings we can make, in other MOBAs 12 heroes would be too few.

JCho:: I think they said early January, it's in this thread if I'm not mistaken

Best: 2v2 so yeah, there is some kind of co-op with one other person against 2 other enemy (co-op) persons

5. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Looking form the 2 races we have so far Goblocks would be my choice because of their numbers but I am worried the unit limit may limit their usefulness

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012

You can make any building you want :D

7. koyut

koyut Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    The way you guys are describing your gameplay reminds me of "Castle Fight" warcraft 3 map/mod.

8. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

What unit limit?

Again, this has strong MOBA elements, but its not a traditional MOBA, per se. In Block Fortress War it really has just as much of an RTS kind of feel to it, in terms of racial identities, unit counters, armies playing a huge role, map control, and buildings. Hero control is like a MOBA, in terms of directly controlling one unit, leveling up in game and unlocking new abilities in game. In the end, players will be focusing just as much on how to customize their armies (again, over 20 pieces of equipment per race, with thousands of combinations), as they do which hero to choose :p

9. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Actually, each race has their own brand new, unique building blocks in Block Fortress War :p Only the Block Men/humans will have the current, familiar blocks.

Never played it, but will check out some videos!

10. Rejera

Rejera Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    I think 12 heroes is fine. This looks more like a moba/rts/tower defense game. With the building and tower defense portion of it, it won't feel like a typical moba. Definitely looking forward to this one, like all of foursaken's games.

11. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    ): Wait, so you mean the specials right? Like lights, farms, mines, things like that? Or do you literally mean tech metal and wood and stuff

12. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    JCHo, etc. everyone who is asking questions... it might help, Foursaken, if you just let all of us start alpha/beta-testing this thing for you, make sure it works and all... No problem, would be glad to sacrifice some time to help you all out ;)

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    No! God no please no!

I like that they keep it all internal, makes it more special when the release comes.

14. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    There was a unit limit in heroes and castles so I though there will be a unit limit in this game.

15. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    So now comes the inevitable anticipation for both BH 2 and BF: War

Sweet.

16. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

One of the beauties of the block aesthetic is that units don't have quite as many polys, so any unit limit in Block Fortress War will be much higher than Heroes and Castles - and any restrictions we do put in will be balanced accordingly between races ;)

17. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Looks interesting...I know that all Foursaken games are the diamonds of the gaming world, but I'm not sure how I feel about this game.

18. TalKSicK333

TalKSicK333 Active Member

Dec 25, 2010
    It sound like Warcraft 3 for ios devices, which is awesome :D

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm thinking this could do very well on the PC, if it is anything like how I envision it. While I generally prefer to play just about ANY genre or game on my iOS device over my highly immobile desktop colossus, I have high hopes for the Block Fortress Greenlight process since I believe I would enjoy it more with a mouse and keyboard (and I belong to those who think first-person shooters work eminently well on iOS).

20. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I am in the same camp. I don't understand the problem people have with FPS controls on iOS. I think PC is best, though....

BF on my PC would be fun, especially if it becomes mode able... I can see BF:W working very well on PC, too, but it reads like you won't be micromanaging your troops, so I don't know if it will then just be a wash....