Universal Block Legend (by Alvin Phu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 6, 2014.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    It's happening on my wife's 1st gen Mini running on the same firmware as my iPad 2. Not really sure what's causing it.

It's much more like Dungeon Raid; there are themed areas with their own end of area boss but they're not segmented in any way that they feel like levels in the traditional sense. It's a seamless switch so it definitely feels like one endless world

2. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Sold!

3. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I'd quite like it if there was more of a distinction between Walk Mode and Combat. Sometimes I'm mid flow when the transition occurs and I end up using a turn or two in combat on useless moves that I wouldn't have made otherwise. Maybe a second of cool down where you can't make any matches or something.

4. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Come on, let's be fair. The cut-off on the sides is a drag - and definitely something that shouldn't happen, but the game is far from unplayable. In fact, I just played for a good hour despite the sides being cut off. Highly recommended for anyone that can put up with cosmetic nuisances - but I'll be looking forward to a fix anyway... ;)

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's fine. I can wait for the ipad air fix before picking this up. This looks really damn good though, backed up by positive impressions on this thread.

6. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Can any Dungeon Raid veterans comment on how apt (or not) the comparisons of this game to Dungeon Raid are?

7. P0tent1al

P0tent1al Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    European Account Manager
    United Kingdom
    Love it, but want the iPad Air fix asap please :p

8. planckboy

planckboy Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Purchased this just on that trailer alone... Lol

9. Rosso

Rosso Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    If the devs reading this: PLEASE activate screen rotation (landscape, but the other way...). No reason for having this locked!

Thank you!!

10. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    It seems that my mini wait was worth it... its fantastic! :)

11. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #71 oooooomonkey, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    Oh man I'm already trying to play out there, block fortress war, card city nights, battle academy and space hulk:eek:
    But god damn it that dubstep trailer sold me and I'm downloading now :rolleyes:

Edit. Uh oh just played a game of this, I see a new addiction :D

12. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    ok boys, Im in. downloading now.

13. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    "It plays like Puzzle Quest..."

-> bought!
    :D

14. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    this is just lovely! As someone said before, it does bleed over the edges on the iPAD but i just don't care! On the phone, it fits perfectly. Im going to assume that a game this good will get a fix-it update soon. In the meantime, slay on!

15. FuurinRei

FuurinRei Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Awesome game but it needs patching as the side of the screen is cut off on my ipad air

16. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    You got me ! Just bought it !

17. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Unlock bug

This is one of these games thats come out of no where and is well worth the money for it. I gather the problem some people are facing with the missing bit much be just effecting the mini pads as i not had this problem on my ipad. There a second bug i noticed i seem to be able to play the other areas without having to unlock them...... anyone else had this happen to them?

18. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Then I'm in! My stand/cover only works that way - button on right.
    Thanks for the quick reply and additional info, Pete - I've deep ties with Japan.

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #79 undeadcow, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    If you had to compare Block Legend and Dungeon Raid (and I wouldn't jump to that comparison)... Block Legend is like Dungeon Raids neon younger brother. Block Legend is more "arcade" tap styled puzzle solving; Dungeon Raid involved more methodical strategy. Block Legend and Dungeon Raid share similar RPG settings and elements but the gameplay feels different.

Dungeon Raid was turn based with one to one player/enemy attack ratio; Block Legend is turn based allowing multiple player moves before enemy attack. Dungeon Raid used a line drawing system, here you just tap (so DR feels more focused on making the most out of each attack, BL more like chopping the baddies). Dungeon Raid allowed diagonal matching and required chains of 3+; here you can only match in cardinal directions and since BL counts each 2+ pair as a chain they're more plentiful. Dungeon Raid is endless combat, here there's walking segments with mid-game stores.

20. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Anyone have a favorite character yet? The cost goes up after buying each in star coins so I'd like to plan accordingly.