Blockees Puzzle Thread (Looking for beta testers)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Runloop, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Runloop

Runloop Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Right, before I go to bed. Here are the app store screen shots I've whipped up:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Larger versions and the actual screenshots featured in them them can be found here:
    http://blocke.es/press/

2. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

loving the screenshots. think they show off the game very well and easily explain what the game is all about.

3. AP9TV1

AP9TV1 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    YouTube
    i agree! great job on them!

4. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Just updated to new version, going to test it out. Good job though, everything is looking great. I'll keep you posted on anything I find.

5. simonli2575

simonli2575 Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Home wi-fi's down again

Sorry but can you send me the ipa files of build 19? Thanks

6. Sarouk

Sarouk Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Canada
    #66 Sarouk, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
    Installed latest versions for reg. and lite. I will spend the next 2-3 hours ..at least to test them.

No comments on previous builds I experienced no bugs.

I love the screen shots for the store.

7. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Nice screens! I know I don't like it when devs try to squeeze multiple images into one screenshot but here it's ok because you can actually, clearly see everything.

8. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Thanks, I wanted to add more to them as I didn't think just showing 5 fullsize puzzles would do the game justice.

Thanks

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I'll email them now.

No news is good news, right? Keep looking though, I'd hate for something to be found once it's on the store.

Cool. Glad you like them. Blockees has developed a nice identity now with the screenshots, the promo video and soon the new website.

9. simonli2575

simonli2575 Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Nice music!

The music makes me feel relaxing while playing the game
    But, can you make the volume slider bars for both sound and music?

10. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Someone has reported a crash in the lite version (which actually means both versions as they run off the same code base) so we need to find it. I will not get rate down due to some stupid crash.

"Crash in Lite version: rainblocks puz. 4 or 5 not sure which. Unable to reproduce it. I tried solving 1 puzzle, but before i did i returned to menu to try another one 4 or 5 then crash."

I'll see what I can do.

11. simonli2575

simonli2575 Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Suggestion for blockees lite

After finishing all free levels, make a screen that shows what features' in full screen with back and buy button

12. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    I'll see what I can do.

Also, can everyone also download and test the light version. I can see that only 3 people have downloaded that one so far. The lite version is probably even more important than the full version as it will be downloaded many more times than the full. If that version gives a bad impression I'm screwed.

Thanks.

13. simonli2575

simonli2575 Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Does it include me? And What's the total beta tester of blockees?

14. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    No, didn't include you.

I have a total of about 30-35 beta testers. I lose track. However, it seem for most it is just an opportunity to get a free game and you never hear from them again. This wouldn't be a problem if Apple didn't limit the devices you can have registered on your account. When you only have 100 devices to play with and work on several different type of apps that all require different testing groups it gets a bit tricky.

I do really appreciate the feedback I get from you guys. And when the final app is ready it will be the people that have provided feedback in this thread that get mentioned in the game if not more.

15. AP9TV1

AP9TV1 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    YouTube
    The lite version is pretty good, it gives you a taste of the game without giving you to much. Sometimes when developers do lite versions they give to much away.

I like that in the home screen for the lite, when the blocks fall they land on the logo for available on the app store, I thought that it would fall right through it :D

16. nikhsterboi

Liking the music. Sounds a lot like something that Apple would use.

17. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

okay, Iv'e tested the hell out of the lite version. completed all levels, played through with other apps running, without apps running, with wifi on, with wifi off, airplane mode on etc etc and I never got a single crash so I don't know why it crashed for that person

18. nikhsterboi

I'm not really sure why I'm getting crashes either. I'll try some different things, but at the moment I can't pinpoint the cause - happens randomly, and only in the full version.

I did play through the whole lite version (achievement! holla! ;)) and haven't found anything that needs to be fixed. I think you're good to go on that one!

And I've already voiced my opinions for the full, so for me right now it's as perfect as it's going to get.

19. simonli2575

simonli2575 Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Problems with hints?

It seems like there's some problems with hints
    During solving period, it you go to the menu, you'll need to buy your next hint for your previous hint
    And once, it seems like I'm able to swipe and lose during solving, causing after getting the hint, I will still can move sad blockees around.

20. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    If you are getting crashes as well can you make a note of exactly what you are doing prior to the crash. This is really important. Also, what device are you using?

Ok, I'll look into this.