Universal Blocky Highway (by Dogbyte Games Kft.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Sep 2, 2015.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Awesome thanks, only had a quick go before going out so just thought I'd ask.

2. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    Cute game, a coin doubler would be really appreciated. Sidenote: Sirens for Emergency cars.
    And of course more cars, there is always room for more cars (maybe some kind of vehicle-builder).

3. number111

number111 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2015
    For love of god WHY TILT ?!

4. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    For the love of God, change it in the settings! :)

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    All I would suggest is they should have a very short mini intro when you first launch the game that lets you try the different options then decide on one. Or simply ask you the first time you open the game which method you prefer, it'll save bad reviews.

6. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I'm enjoying this one. The slightly more relaxed pace and the ability to slow down is a positive to me.

I really liked Blocky Roads. It was challenging without being impossible and it had a great sense of progress and a goal, which I feel this one lacks.

Still, collecting cars is fun and I hope there are surprises in store as well as future updates.

Things I'd love to see: a coin doubler or even tripler (or more coins to pick up in-game), new tracks maybe with hills even, different honks for different vehicles, maybe some different game modes.

Overall, fun so far! Thanks.

7. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #27 LordShad0wz, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    I would absolutely pay for a coin doubler. Out of all the releases last night I keep wanting to play this one.

I didn't see the auto throttle in options that's awesome!

And I get flash backs to Mario Kart when I got the kart. If I only had some bananas to throw in game via the horn hehehe

Some suggestions:

Coin doubler iap

A visual queue for upcoming coins and letters. By the time you see them it's too late. If there was some que they were coming and in what lane we could be better prepared to try to get them.

I got the rare police car in a coin pull. When I press the horn to turn the lights and siren on, the lights stay on, but not the siren. The siren should keep blasting just like in real life so cars get out of the way.

If I paid to remove the ads shouldn't I get 1 ad free revive as well? I will still watch ads for coins. But I would think I'd get the revive for free since its part of actually playing.

Really awesome game devs. Thanks for a fun time!

Billy

8. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I don't know...because it works? lol...

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Dude,

Are you kidding? This game has a ton of control options and choices. How about changing them in options??????

Billy

10. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Devs,

I purchased the tank. Could you make it so that if you blow up a vehicle it doesn't still kill you? I will be honest I was a little disappointed.

Billy

12. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    This game is my new obsession. It's just so damn satisfying in every way. The controls, the thrills, the crash mode, the horn. Dear lord the slow trickle of coins is going to kill me.

13. dogbytegames

dogbytegames Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Hi Billy,

i understand your disappointment, we discussed this countless times with my co-workers. If the tank could clean the path in front of it that would make it an exploit and a game breaker.

14. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Makes me wanna fire up Redline Rush again...

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I see your point. The issue is when the vehicle you hit is destroyed it bounces around unpredictably. I've crashed multiple times because of this. It's very hard to anticipate an unpredictable event.

Perhaps you could drastically reduce the firing rate, call it a reload time? This would not be game breaking and at the same time not cause Unnecessary crashes.

Billy

16. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    The "shortie" in Jibjellie's video should totally be red and blue, like O.P. ;)

17. amaurote

amaurote Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    this is very cool and cute
    I like the big car that can pick up my car

18. Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton New Member

Jan 5, 2013
    #39 Lord Pickleton, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    Just found this game last night and had a lot of fun playing it. Found out by accident that you could sideswipe cars if you slow down. Hopefully they can add rain or snow, always like those in racing games.

19. Swelab Games

Swelab Games Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Sweden, Malmo
    Wow game!

Wow how can I miss this game... I gonna to try it, I think it awesome game
    Maybe ketchapp gonna to clone it :D