Universal Blood Roofs - (by Gamesmold)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 9, 2012.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Sounds like a slick update! :)

2. Hero211

Hero211 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Can u update the character models on the iPad 3 they look alittle blocky if u can do that the game would be truly amazing!

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks Gamesmold!

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    One more thing...multiple Golems in survival mode. Well, I only came across two, but that's one more than before.

5. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    I had 2 of them before the update in Survival, one at ~3000 meters and one at ~13000.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for the update! Can't say I see a whole lot of difference in the camera. Think I was starting to get used to the old one, but the game does have an overall better feel.

And now I can play with Shaneela without having to have that backwards shooting weirdness.

Maybe I can get some better scores now!

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Upgraded to iOS 6 today on iPod touch 4th gen, before I upgraded this was playable but crashed and stuttered but now it crashes every time during the first seconds of the run. Any chance this can be sorted, Most apps I've tried since upgrading seen to run better, unfortunately not this one

8. Gamesmold

Gamesmold Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    @ Orangecan, I'm playing it on iPod Touch 4 with iOS 6 and it runs smoothly. Also, I completed the game several times and never had a single crash, even on 3GS and iPod Touch 4.
    Are you already using an iOS 6 jailbreak? I do know that on jailbroken devices crashes had happened now and then (some jailbreak hacks seem to manage memory differently when an app needs a lot of it).

9. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Gamesmold, is there any plan to address the awkward camera angle or is this too baked into the game to change?

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I haven't upgraded to iOS 6 and am not jailbroken, but I've noticed that the further I get into the game there's a chance that it'll crash. Actually, every game that I've had over 1 million points I eventually had the app crash (and, unfortunately, it not saving my score). I'm not sure if it's a memory issue with the 3GS when you progress that far or not.

Sucks. Wondering if I'll ever get to the end....

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Finally was able to crack the million mark without a crash...

Not bad. At least I'm in the top 5%. Now to take down the 10 million mark (hopefully without crashes).

Love this game and the surprises you find as you get further along!

12. Gamesmold

Dec 11, 2010
    Great Job! :)
    Well, maybe on the 3GS, iPod Touch 4 and iPad1 (which are the "256MB devices") you could try to make sure by closing some other memory consuming apps from the multitask bar first.

On those devices, the game might freeze from time to time when memory gets re-organized (as the boss enemies really need a lot of it), but it should not crash.
    Maybe if memory gets critical and there are too many apps in multitask, iOS can't throw them out fast enough, so less apps in multitask might be a solution. Guess I'll have another look into this with the next update.

13. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I honestly don't know, for the life of me, how I was able to score 70+ million. I tried a run earlier tonight and scored about 10 million (don't mean to gloat). I must have been in total zen mode; completely wired into the (Blood Roofs) Matrix. You have to figure that 19 out of 20 times you'll make a stupid mistake; that 20th time will be just as stupid; you just won't consider it such a mistake if you've racked up a great run.

My target is 50,000 meters; I know it's possible. my 35,000+ meter run ended with me stuck behind a chimney, with 9 boosts and 9 grenades:rolleyes:

Also, I don't really know what variables affect your score. Sure, pickups when you have a full stock do; defeating bosses, killing enemies I'm sure, staying alive (distance); but otherwise it's anyone's guess (except Gamesmold's:D.

Maybe gamesmold, if you're still here, could answer a quick question: does score and/or distance increase more quickly in the vortex? That shouldn't be a spoiler, since the Vortex is an achievement, and I haven't mentioned what it is or how to get in.

Also...I noticed a tunnel blocked with wooden beams midway through the game...in the area immediately following either a boss encounter or other cutscene.

Considering survival mode is blocked with the exact same beams, is there anything to it?

14. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Herein lies the problem. I myself posted an idea, early in the thread, on how the camera might be adjusted. I'm used to it now though, and so are a lot of other players. This is a game of precise movement, and adjusting the camera now, while perhaps making the learning curve less steep, would throw everyone who's been playing this game a lot, like me, for a loop.

Because there are a finite number of different surfaces to land on, I'm at the point where, at the angle used, I know precisely how long of a jump (or multiple jump) to make. Most of the time, though, if you make a jump at the last nanosecond (seeing the ground you're currently on isn't difficult), there will be a landing point, even if you don't use your wings.

15. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #355 oooooomonkey, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    Since updating my iPod 4G 32gig to iOS6 this performs REALLY Bad it lags all the time and if you manage to get to the first boss it crashes right after that.

And yes I've reset my iPod and closed down all the multitasking apps. Nothing seems to help.

It wasn't perfect before when I was on 5.1 but now it's even worse.

Edit. Also I've got just over 16gig free space so it's not to do with my iPod being full either.

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Holy crap! Finally made it to the train crash! Anyone who calls this just a runner would be insane. Feel like I'm in a demonic action movie.

Still haven't made it to the end. But I guess I was in the "zone" for once. Not 70 million, unfortunately, but an awesome run for me.

Up to 6,677,766 and #103 on the leaderboards. Glad to see almost 10,000 players now! This game deserves the success.

Also think I figured out the secret to get around possible crashes. If I do a hard restart before I play, it doesn't seem to be an issue.

17. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Right now I can only dream of getting anywhere with this game:eek:
    The game is so rocky and crashes so much now since I updated to IOS 6
    These newer devices that Apple is advertising are quite tempting:D

18. Gamesmold

Dec 11, 2010
    #358 Gamesmold, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    :)
    Thanks a lot!
    And I'm already working on another, bigger update with new cool stuff.
    Doing so, I will also redesign the memory management on the older devices to address the reported possibility of crashes.
    Again, thank you all for your great feedback and for your support. I'm really happy to implement as many suggestions as possible (or at least to die trying...). My next aim is - clearly - Halloween, so here's hoping I'll be fast enough.

P.S.: A special thanks goes out to Exact-Psience for all the help and the great communication, especially during development of the last update version!

19. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    The developer could fix the camera for new users but leave an option in to revert to the "classic" (broken) camera angle for the veterans.

20. ticjucanho

ticjucanho New Member

wowÂ…awesome