Universal Blood Roofs - (by Gamesmold)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 9, 2012.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    @gamesmold
    Thanks for the response it's not jail broken unfortunately, does seem to be an issue a fair amount of touch users are having too

2. Gamesmold

Gamesmold Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    OK, I just found out what could cause the lags on iPod touch 4 (running iOS6): Game Center communication after a run with lots of GC information. Try switching Game Center OFF, then it should run much better. When you want to upload your GC achievements and scores, you can simply switch GC auto upload to ON again, no info will be forgotten or lost.
    Seems like I have to manage GC differently on the older devices, at least for iOS6...

3. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Unfortunately because of IOS6 it has rendered my Game Center app useless...it will not launch and crashes every time I open it!:)
    So it's a waiting game now!!!!!

4. Gamesmold

Gamesmold Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Sorry, I meant switch off Game Center in the settings of Blood Roofs, not in the Game Center App. Then it will stop trying to communicate with GC.

Cheers,
    Thomas

5. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Ah!!!Thank you!

6. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    anyone have anytips for defeating the first boss ?

7. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Um. Just hold down the fire button. If it's the one on the police car two full machine gun clips should kill him, if it's the one that ambushes you from the house 3 clips should do the trick.

8. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Oh boy, after playing this for about an hour, I must concur with others who like it.

If the developers could fix the camera, the floaty physics on the damsel-carrying protagonist, and the "shooting coins" issue, this would be a very addictive title.

Regarding the camera: you know there's a problem when you're constantly tilting your device forward hoping something will happen. Considering all the level and direction changes, as well as pick-ups and enemies, the camera needs to be higher off the character's back.

Regarding the floatiness: I've missed 7 out of 10 pick-ups due to overshooting, which is a bit excessive. He's got wings for extended flight, and he should have some weight to him.

Regarding shooting coins: I've gotten to the point where I'm counting shots, which again is a bit excessive. Coins should be persistent, and not subject to disappearing upon being shot.

No doubt the game is good, heck, it's better than good, but it's a bit more frustrating to play at this point than it needs to be. If even just the camera was fixed, this game would be scary good...

DBC

9. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    Many people complained about the camera first time they played but believe me if you ask anyone who persisted with the game long enough they will say that camera is perfect.:D

The thing is in few runs you will get your timings right as you will be familiar with the environment and will know when to jump for getting maximum points.

10. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Yeah, the camera takes some getting used to, but once you are used to it it's great.

The only issue I still regularly run into is monster corpses remaining solid even if there's nothing there anymore, this is especially noticeable on the floating things with red tentacles dangling under them. They just create an invisible wall on death, so beware.

Anyway, while it's not 100% perfect (and arguably there's no such thing as a perfect game) it's a seriously awesome game once you get past the initial learning curve.

11. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Funny, I'm usually extremely vocal about camera issues but I haven't really had an issue with this game. I think what the camera does do in this instance is add to the atmosphere of the game. I also think people who haven't put that much time into the game aren't going to have much of an idea how much more forgiving wing and ankh upgrades make the game.

12. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    This game is amazing on the iPhone5.
    Can't believe it's gone free...

Get it if you haven't!

13. shawnbuddy

shawnbuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2012
    I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can answer. I saw references to them in the thread already but not the specific info I'm looking for. I'm putting the questions in spoiler tags just in case, and you can put your answers there if you think they spoil anything.

Exactly how far do you have to run to get to the Vortex and is there anything special you have to do to make it appear?

Do you get any advantage on doing this if you start with the distance you've already gained from the story mode?

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You have to take the clock to the temple to unlock the vortex. Get through 6 bosses then you get to the temple.

i've only ever been into the vortex through story mode. I dont remember endless to have the temple in it from any of my playthroughs.

15. shawnbuddy

shawnbuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Thanks. That's really helpful.

This game is so good that even though I got it when it went free I bought IAP to support the developer. My favorite runner that I've played.

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Well, I finally made it to at least the first "end" of the story mode and cracked the 10 million mark entering the survival mode afterwards. Never was much of a leadboard whore (mainly because I'm usually not good enough to get towards the top!). But was happy even seeing myself at #82 of the 39,000+ players (congrats to the dev on that number of players, by the way).

Now here's the nagging question. And I must say I've read a few of the spoilers earlier because I didn't know if more is supposed to happen but here it goes:

So after you rescue the girl and you're in the chapel, he mentions having to get something that could destroy all the demons. Other spoilers were saying how to get to the Vortex and having to use the clock to do it.

Does that lead to a second, true ending (finding what will kill the demons)? Or is that just another cool environment to go through?

Just curious if the story doesn't end when you enter Survival mode after the Chapel.

And if there is no final ending, I hope there's a sequel!!! This game is awesome!

17. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #377 thesmashingone, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    That did the trick for me! Thank you very much!

However, when I approach the second wave, it seems my iPod Touch 4G model running iOS 6 crashes often. Any fixes?

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You get to extend the story a little bit from where you left off rescuing a damsel, and you'll understand what Jake meant about "something that could destroy all demons" (big spoiler so i'll stop here :)), but everything after that is still open ended. Definitely a strong point the devs can pull out a sequel from.

19. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Oh my, do I want to like this game...

Got the wing upgrades, made it past my first boss... and I just can't deal with the camera and gravity/pick-ups issues.

Much respect to those who made it through the "learning curve," but the experience is just too frustrating for me.

The game is absolutely beautiful, and I can only imagine what I'm missing out on, but as of now, I'm bailing.

DBC

20. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    #380 Capricornman, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    I've barely scratched the surface of this game and you're bailing......:)