BLOOD ROOFS - Upcoming 3D Action

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Gamesmold, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Whoa, how have I missed this so long? This is looking awesome!

Is there a set price for this? (Sorry if I missed it, didn't read the whole thread :p)

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    None yet, but at this quality i wont be surprised if it was $5, id still buy. I just hope there isnt any IAPs then.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Looks awesome. Wonder what kind of file size we'd be looking at as well.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    One of the videos on YouTube had a comment from the dev stating it would be $2.99, and a screenshot shows a store...which probably means IAP.

5. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    #65 Fastbridge, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
    God damn IAP's. Anyway this looks Amazing

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    $3 is perfect. Im up for it. Now it just has to show up in the appstore.

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I hope this wednesday is the day...

8. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I love the idea of a high-quality 3D runner, especially one that carries the inspirational torch of Space Harrier. Can't wait for this to come out, and I'm hoping it'll be soon! :)

9. Gamesmold

Gamesmold Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    So do I... :)

But it's still waiting for review.
    Today is the 8th business day since upload of the binary (submitted on 10th of august).

And, yeah, it is inspired by Space Harrier. Can't wait to show you the new video... But first I have to wait for approval.

Best,
    Thomas

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Ah, now that is good news. Apple does claim an 8 day turnaround on reviews so hopefully you'll get some news soon.
    Of course, we all know that doesn't always work out, but still, fingers crossed.
    Thanks for keeping us up to date on it Thomas, really appreciate it

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    First truly original runner I've seen in a long time.

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... I guess you can tell how excited I am for this game based on the number of posts i posted for the last week. Haha!

Cmon Apple!

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So... Any news? Next week maybe? Im still hoping it comes out later in the day though. :)

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    No news regarding the release?

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #75 Exact-Psience, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    This will be my last post on this thread til game comes out... Excitement is slowly dying. If it comes out on the appstore, yay. But if it doesnt, meh.

16. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    This review process is taking foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

17. Gamesmold

Dec 11, 2010
    This project keeps holding me in suspense.

I've been creating apps for quite a while now, but this was new to me:

It seems like it makes a *slight* difference in how an app will execute when it has been installed onto a device using Xcode instead of using iTunes for installation.

Now, during our testing rounds I had always installed it onto the devices via Xcode and thus we never saw this issue that Apple had found now... And thankfully they found it!

During testing, it ran perfectly, especially on the iPad 3 (it even is extensively optimized for this device). And at first, it seemed to have run well on Apples testing devices, too.

But when they had tried it on the iPad 3, it only produced an OpenGL framebuffer violation and refused to start. It wasn't even a "watchdog crash", the screen just stayed blank because OpenGL said "no, thanks".

And this only happened when it came onto the device via iTunes and not via Xcode. Strange enough - I mean, we're talking about a full scale installation, running without cable and console, being tested and launched over and over for weeks and weeks.
    But apparently, the installation process can make quite a difference. Very well, lesson learned.

Anyway, I was able to fix this within less than an hour (at startup, I drew into an invalid framebuffer position when dealing with the large iPad 3 resolution - which didn't bother OpenGL when it was an Xcode installation). Now it's fixed, resubmitted and waiting again. :rolleyes:

But I must admit, I'm not too unhappy with this delay after all.
    Because I've also submitted my new promotion video to App Store Marketing for approval this week - and, as it takes around five business days for approval of promo materials, I was a bit afraid of ending up with an app ready for sale and a promo video that I had no approval to publish.

So, hopefully, app and video will now get approved soon and possibly simultaneously.

Sorry for the waiting.
    I can tell you, developing apps takes nerves of steel...

Stay tuned!
    Thomas

18. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    Hopefully your not on the bottom of the cue again. I hope they just put your case on hold until you resubmitted it. I can't wait for this

19. Gamesmold

Dec 11, 2010
    Well, I'm afraid we'll have to wait a bit. App Review seems to be working under high pressure at the moment, probably not only due to vacations, but rather due to the upcoming new devices and iOS6 in september. If you read stuff like https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23iosreviewtime or general forum posts by developers, the average review time for new apps is 10 to 12 days right now. Makes sense: 8 business days plus two weekends, there you have your 12 days of waiting.
    Well, though math tells me the earliest day is friday (or even monday), I'll probably keep up checking my devices constantly for an "app status changed" message... minute by minute... ;)

Cheers,
    Thomas

(walks away checks device)

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    After reading this, i cant hide my excitement anymore. I understand how apple may be delayed in releasing the game, and your last 2 posts shed some good light on the matter. Looking forward to getting this as a day-1 purchase. Good luck!