iPad Blueprint 3D - (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 9, 2011.

1. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    This game wasn't anywhere on my list of things to check out, but I figured I owe one to FDG for making Cover Orange free way back. I'm pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be such a complete mindf***. Those first few levels while stll grappling with the gameplay are pretty great, when it starts to click and I realize "this actually works really well."

I'll definitely have to recommend this one to others. An original puzzle game for my iPhone is always welcome, and once again FDG do not disappoint (I'm also a fan of their Mahjong Elements)

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

3. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

#43 Future777, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
    Wow, thanks so much everyone for the kind feedback :) cheers!
    (and pls. keep the ideas coming) ;)

Nice video @Der-Kleine! ^^

4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

A nice game deserves a nice video! ;)

5. Future777

Patreon Studio

:) This is why I love the iOS community :)

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well I'd skipped past this the other day when it released but
    For some reason I NEEDED to buy a game today lol and I picked this, jeez wish I'd picked it up the other day I'm really enjoying the change of pace to other stuff I've played lately. I don't play puzzle games but I find this to be relaxing somehow. It's all done very well I love the music and the sliding gameplay mechanic works brilliantly. Overall a fantastic game a welcome change to my usual iOS games.

7. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I got the game on release but waited to play a bit before posting. I just thought that there has to be a catch. So many levels on release for $0.99 from an awesome dev like FDG just sounds too good to be true. But it is true. 3 star system adds a bit of excitement to the game and the puzzles are quite fun to solve. I am almost finished with level pack 1 and look forward to medieval pack. I can't recommend this game enough. Definitely the highlight of the week for me.

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'd like to see a button so once solved we can see the blueprint full screen, so I can take a screen shot of a blue print to use as a wallpaper on my iPod. Just an idea.

9. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes! I actually thought of that as well. Some of the disigns and backgrounds would make a great wallpaper. We need to be able to view it in portrait mode though. I don't like official wallpapers. They have developer names, copyright notices, etc. I just want a nice picture as background.

10. Orli155

Orli155 Active Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Just played the tutorial, really great game. I kept feeling like I've played something like it before and realized it reminded me of Echochrome on PlayStation. Can't wait to play more levels. Thanks. :)

11. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I've only played a little bit so far but I like it! It's unique, and at times both easier and harder than I expect. It would be nice to be able to play in full screen, maybe have an icon in a corner to bring up the UI.

12. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Cover Orange and Mahjong Elements are the same way. It's amazing how much content FDG packs into a game, and these games always produce the "only .99 cents?" reaction.

13. Future777

Patreon Studio

Great feedback! Thanks alot. Hm..wallpapers is a really nice idea :)

14. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    I have finished all levels and all 3 stars and all achievements!

15. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Game is good, but gets repetitive and very easy once you finished the first few levels.

Graphics is good.

But actually the best thing of all? 27 achievements, each laden with points, you can complete all of them in 3 hours easily. Good way to pad your GC score hehe ;)

16. Future777

Patreon Studio

Thanks for the feedback, h1976.
    I think we´ll find interesting ways to extend the game ;)

As you know, 1.0 is just the beginning.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Just wanted to point out that there's a typo in the pause menu. It says "Leve Pack..." instead of Level.

18. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Well, it is pretty one-note and most of the objects start out the same way: viewed from the back and off to a side. After awhile, the solution feels almost autonomous and once a player wraps their head around the gameplay, there isn't much variation to be found.

I don't know if or how this could be helped. Thinking about puzzle games in general, they usually require a bit more in the way of player participation or some degree of reasoning, perception, foresight, etc. That's what makes them enjoyable.

The only thing that comes to my mind is make the current format an easy mode. Then base a more difficult one on a Rubik's cube principle: what if the object could be rotated in sections like quadrants? Let's say for the sake of simplicity, in a 2x2 grid. In this way it wouldn't be enouch to figure out the orientation in one move: several would be required to truly line everything up.

19. Future777

Patreon Studio

#60 Future777, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
    Good idea and approach. Well - a hard mode would be interesting indeed. We´ll experiment with a few ideas soon.

Thanks, will check.