Universal Boom Beach by Supercell (Clash of Clans\Hay Day)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ValtermcPires, Nov 10, 2013.

1. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    #61 popjam5, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    So are they not going to add more builders? Just keep it at one? I thought the 1 builder was just for the soft launch so they couldn't get too far ahead.

Btw: If you haven't already, get this game.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    There are no clans on this game, also players start showing up as you upgrade your radar. If you upgrade your radar too quickly stronger enemies will appear so I paced mine. I save gems for main building upgrades as they are very expensive.

3. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Never played Clash of Clans. If i am not playing the game it means that another player can come to my base and destroy it completely without me knowing or do i have to accept the fight first?

4. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    Another one of these IAP ridden steal other players gold while they're not logged in games? Not sure what people see in this junk.

5. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Probably that it's fun and there's no need to actually spend any real money if you don't want to.

6. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Was really excited for this!:) just finished downloading and I have it a spin and I'm loving it so far.

7. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Having to wait for timers is a torture.

8. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    What should gems be used for since I can't but more builders... doesn't seem to be gem only things yet.

9. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Thats whats fun about these games. Youre suppose to build up your base so that players would fail - its a PvP game. Plus youre only faced with players that are your skill level.

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I believe it's easier to defend your base here than on CoC and it's more tactical the same for attacking.

11. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    So I downloaded to give this a try, but all it does is crash. I load up fine, make it to the beach and get the first bit of I for or two from the guy then it crashes out. Reload and it will do the same thing. Annoying.

IPad mini running 7.1.

12. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I'm loving it! Out of clash / samurai siege / dark ale / battle beach ect. This is by far the best. It's also very generous!

Quick question, can you purchase more builders? Right now I can only build 1 thing at a time. Most games like this they're 5-6 builders to be bought / earned.

13. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    My thoughts exactly!

14. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Question: if I place a mortar behind a tree, for me the tree ghosts so I can see the mortar through it. Does the tree ghost for other players as well when they attack me?

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    The trees never use to but people like me were hiding rocket launchers behind them so now they do ghost so you can see....although it's been a long time since I had trees!

Just a tip you can also harvest trees and rocks from resource bases and last time I emailed they were sticking to 1 builder.

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Really enjoying this so far. I didn't start Clash until fairly recently relative to when it came out, but I'm glad I'll be starting this one right away. Level 5 currently. Interesting how they implemented the multiplayer this time around. Awesome that this isn't just a reskin though. They really changed things up this time around. Hopefully, we can get more builders in the future for reasonable gem costs like in Clash.

17. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Just a few notes based on what some people have commented about:

- There is only one builder in this game, but TRUST ME: At first this may seem like a serious problem, but soon enough you will realize that the greater meta game is resource management, and one builder is all you need. You can still research at the same time, consider this a 'second builder'.

- When you are offline, there is an amount of 'loot' that someone can take from you, but there is no way for you to really know how much is at stake. When you appear on someone's radar, there is a 'snapshot' of how much loot can be taken from you, and those numbers will never change. Keep in mind that your Vault is critical in protecting not only X amount of your resources but also a percentage of all the rest. Bottom line, don't fret about it, this isn't a game where you log in and are totally crushed and hopelessly broke. It doesn't work that way, and you can fill your coffers fairly quickly regardless. Learning when to time your upgrades is much more important than worrying about them being stolen.

- I'm seeing a lot of "This has IAP it must be junk". Ummm, don't judge the game until you play it. SuperCell already made their Billions, this game is all about the 'long game'. You can play this game without ever spending a penny and there is never any 'push'. As I have mentioned, those who want to pay for gems will only be placing themselves in another league.

18. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    People will whine about iAPs for all eternity. :\

19. Hawkeye67

Hawkeye67 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    I am a supporter of iAPs, as long as they have a permanent sort of effect, like a coin-doubler or one that unlocks all the levels with one single purchase. What I don't support is a consumables model, where I will be required to spend periodically :)

20. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Pretty sure we all support good perma iAPs like coin-doubler.

That said.. I have no problem with consumables as long as you get those in game.

and in this games case you get free gems every day.